Hand luggage with Easyjet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iconic

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Just wondering if any of you could shed a little light with regards to your first hand experiences with hand luggage when flying with easyjet?
My partner and I are flying to Venice in 2 weeks and have only booked to take hand luggage.
Do any of you know whether you can take hair straighteners? Hair dryer? As hand luggage?
I did the sensible thing and emailed easyjet for a first hand answer to my question over 2 weeks ago. Today I received a response stating I can take my phone charger in my hand luggage but that hair dryer/straighteners are forbidden? However, in the meantime, whilst waiting for their response, I stumbled across a page on the actual easyjet website saying straighteners ARE acceptable in hand luggage?? And also a couple of forum pages saying the same? So.. Employees of easyjet are contradicting themselves? And therefore I wondered if any of you guys have had first hand experience flying with easyjet having such items in your hand luggage?
Were they accepted?
Did you get them confiscated?
Was there any commotion over it?

Any guidance would be appreciated :) .. Would hate to have my beauty's confiscated!
Thanks in advance geeks xx

Have flown with easy jet a few times with just habd luggage and have never had any problems with my hairdrier and straighteners being in there.

Hth
Xxx

Sent from my GT-I8150 using SalonGeek

I always take mine an never been questioned. Don't see why they would be a risk do they think u are going to straighten someone to death lol

Yes they will be fine but they are normally screened seperately.

Just make sure that your handbag fits in ur handluggage or they will make you check one of them in regardless. They are REAL sticklers on this matter any time I fly with them.

I always leave enough room after 2 yrs ago bringing a small rucksac and handbag and being told if my handbag didnt fit in it i would have to pay £35 to check it. My rucksac was full! So I ended up having to put on an extra 2 tops and socks into my coat pocket etc to make room for my handbag! Any idiot could see it was pointless making me keep my handbag in the rucksac until i got on when both were pretty small in comparison to the luggage allowance but no... they made me keep it in until i was sat on the flight, at which point i took my bag out to put under the seat in front and put all my layers of clothes back into the bag for the overhead lockers. I now always feel sorry for people who are stopped and told they need to make their handbag fit or to check it!

Thank you for all the guidance and feedback geeks.. I'm going to take them as hand luggage and hope to god they don't get confiscated then!

LilMissEmmyLou - thanks for that tip, that is madness!! I don't see the logic in things sometimes - but guess we don't have any choice :( thank you xxx

Hand luggage is one of my big worries when I go on holiday, I already check everyone's passports, tickets, insurance money anything and weigh and measure cases but I still panic with hand luggage even though I know after the 10th measuring its an ok size.

My last
Holiday was a disaster with hand luggage though, had a lot in there, still under the size limit and the person on check in was adamant it was too big. Needless to say I caused a massive stink but ended up having to put the case trough empty and shove my things into a friends bag. I carried my hairdryer and flat irons in my hand as hand luggage with no problems, that was Thomas cook, but the screeners aren't the airline, its the airport so try contacting them rather than easyjet xoxo

Oh and I'm sure the check in man was annoyed at me and deliberately told someone to cut a big slit in my case. Xoxo

Oh and I'm sure the check in man was annoyed at me and deliberately told someone to cut a big slit in my case. Xoxo

😳 That's unbelievable! I hope you wrote a letter of complaint! Xx

Hand luggage is one of my big worries when I go on holiday, I already check everyone's passports, tickets, insurance money anything and weigh and measure cases but I still panic with hand luggage even though I know after the 10th measuring its an ok size.

My last
Holiday was a disaster with hand luggage though, had a lot in there, still under the size limit and the person on check in was adamant it was too big. Needless to say I caused a massive stink but ended up having to put the case trough empty and shove my things into a friends bag. I carried my hairdryer and flat irons in my hand as hand luggage with no problems, that was Thomas cook, but the screeners aren't the airline, its the airport so try contacting them rather than easyjet xoxo

Thanks for the response! .. I shall contact the airport direct. - I hadn't thought of doing that! Thanks tomme xx

When I flew with Easyjet I took straightners in my hand luggage and they were fine with them.

I did however have liquids in my case (bottle of aftersun) and that meant I had to open my case and remove the liquid to put it in a small plastic seal bag that the bloke gave me - you have to fit all your liquids into the small bag he gives you, I thought it was maddness as I clearly only had the 1 bolttle in my case, but my mate had to split her stuff between 3 of our cases as she had so much lol).

Make sure you put any liquids ((suncream, heat spray etc..) near the top of your case if your only taking hand lugage and make sure it's only a small amount of each too as your not allowed very much ml of anything liquid) as they want that removed before going through the scanners.

When I flew with Easyjet I took straightners in my hand luggage and they were fine with them.

I did however have liquids in my case (bottle of aftersun) and that meant I had to open my case and remove the liquid to put it in a small plastic seal bag that the bloke gave me - you have to fit all your liquids into the small bag he gives you, I thought it was maddness as I clearly only had the 1 bolttle in my case, but my mate had to split her stuff between 3 of our cases as she had so much lol).

Make sure you put any liquids ((suncream, heat spray etc..) near the top of your case if your only taking hand lugage and make sure it's only a small amount of each too as your not allowed very much ml of anything liquid) as they want that removed before going through the scanners.

Fab! Thanks for the tip baggybear.
Will arrange my case so that there's no faff going through security!

God, I'm panicking already! Never taken just hand luggage before, but seeing as though its a city break there's not really much need for a suitcase!

Although, Seeing as though my boyfriend is taking me to Venice for valentines day, hopefully il be needing a suitcase on the way back to bring back the huge diamond ring I'm hoping for ha ha!! .. Everyone keeps saying to me he's definitely going to propose which has planted the thought in my head lol, so now if it doesn't happen, I think il feel rather disappointed lol !!! :( xxx

😳 That's unbelievable! I hope you wrote a letter of complaint! Xx

Went into the agents when I got back and I should have gone through something to declare, yeah like I'm going to do that in an African country where my sexuality is illegal. Xoxo

Went into the agents when I got back and I should have gone through something to declare, yeah like I'm going to do that in an African country where my sexuality is illegal. Xoxo

Ha ha ha.. Oh tomme! You do make me giggle... You didn't have anything to declare though? Just a complaint to make!! Xx

A friend of mine came home from Spain not long ago, she forgot she had scissors in her hand luggage, which they let her keep, but confiscated a packet of lemon meringue pie mix!!!

work that one out, death by meringue?

Fab! Thanks for the tip baggybear.
Will arrange my case so that there's no faff going through security!

God, I'm panicking already! Never taken just hand luggage before, but seeing as though its a city break there's not really much need for a suitcase!

Although, Seeing as though my boyfriend is taking me to Venice for valentines day, hopefully il be needing a suitcase on the way back to bring back the huge diamond ring I'm hoping for ha ha!! .. Everyone keeps saying to me he's definitely going to propose which has planted the thought in my head lol, so now if it doesn't happen, I think il feel rather disappointed lol !!! :( xxx

LOL don't be sad if he doesn't just see how wonderful he is to be taking you to Venice for a romantic holiday! But fingers crossed that he will.

Also remember its 100ml of each liquid with no more than will fit in one of the small clear bags. Also each liquid must be in a container that holds 100ml or less not e.g. a 1/2 full 150ml perfume :lol:

LOL don't be sad if he doesn't just see how wonderful he is to be taking you to Venice for a romantic holiday! But fingers crossed that he will.

Also remember its 100ml of each liquid with no more than will fit in one of the small clear bags. Also each liquid must be in a container that holds 100ml or less not e.g. a 1/2 full 150ml perfume :lol:

Very true! I am extremely grateful and count myself as a lucky girl to even be taken there! :)

Thanks for the info re: liquids. I need to pick up mini versions of everything! ..
Could be embarrassing taking just hand luggage if they decide to take me to one side and search my bag..
Out flies the undies and naughty valentine romantic things!! 😜 Xx

A friend of mine came home from Spain not long ago, she forgot she had scissors in her hand luggage, which they let her keep, but confiscated a packet of lemon meringue pie mix!!!

work that one out, death by meringue?

Lol same with me on a children in need night.

Staff outside searching bags, I had scissors in mine went up
For searching, forgot I had them, and got let in no questions asked haha. So safe really
Xoxo

Straightens dryers fine :) alot if places sell the travel packs which ate clear bags with containers you can put your toiletries in (moisturiser, foundation, etc) it's pathetic cos I had about twenty of these smaller containers with a variety of liquids, I asked the security what was stopping me mixing them all after take off to make an explosive and he said it was the size but that doesn't make sense as you can then buy a large bottle of water on the plane? Although I've never made a bomb so don't know how big the container should be :( I Defo had loads of smaller bottles of same liquid tho

Very true! I am extremely grateful and count myself as a lucky girl to even be taken there! :)

Thanks for the info re: liquids. I need to pick up mini versions of everything! ..
Could be embarrassing taking just hand luggage if they decide to take me to one side and search my bag..
Out flies the undies and naughty valentine romantic things!! 😜 Xx

Naughty valentines things...make sure nothing's buzzing! Defo draw attention!

Latest posts

Back