Hand made vouchers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki-Marie

Reaction score
Does anyone offer hand made cards/vouchers? I think its a nice touch. Was wondering where to find little embellishments to apply to cards? Ive had a search but havent found what ive been looking for. Would you also charge a little more for the cards you have made? x

It's not too difficult these days to make your own cards especially with embellishments ... try Hobbycraft (they're excellent for this kind of stuff).

I have hand made gift vouchers for my business they are gorgeous its a girl in Edinburgh that makes them for me, her company is called black daisy designs

Maybe you could give them to clients who spend a certain amount, its a great way to upsell, at the spa I used to work at if a client spent 150 pounds on a gift voucher they got it in a silk box which had three mini products in, so many clients raised the price to get that, obviously it will probably be less for you (obv i dont know) but it might be an idea?

Becki xxx

I design and print the actual voucher on the computer, hand write them for the client and then but then in hand decorated envelopes or boxes - i charge £1.50 for these saying 'do they want it gift wrapped' most people will pay the extra.

At exmas i put together some samples, wrap them in tissue and but in a gift bag and charge a little more,

hope this helps
manda xx
www.funkyfingertips.co.uk

Thanks for the replys guys. £1.50 sounds a good price to me. I like the idea for spend 150 and get a little gift, it may be a little lower for me yes :) but not too low!
I havent got a hobbycraft near me but will try the other craft stores :hug: x

Thanks for the replys guys. £1.50 sounds a good price to me. I like the idea for spend 150 and get a little gift, it may be a little lower for me yes :) but not too low!
I havent got a hobbycraft near me but will try the other craft stores :hug: x
Also try eBay they have loads of bits on there to create your own cards etc

i don't really sell any gift vouchers, although my step-dad (who's a graphic designer) made some up for me and my boyfriend's dad (a printer) printed some for me!!

i do, however, make my own cards and have some on display in the salon i work in if clients want something for a voucher there or need a greeting card for an event they're going to.

this is my album of some designs;
ophala/Cards - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

there are some great craft wesbites to buy materials (try stamps.co.uk, docrafts for inspirational card making, arts and craft ideas)

hth xx

I got blank cards and envelopes from Tescos, think you get 50 in a pack and can choose white or cream.
I then went into word, put the measurements in and voila!!! a gift voucher.

on the front cover I have a generic design or something spa-ish
on the back cover I have all my treatments, my contact details and in the centre a mini version of the front cover
inside I have gift voucher printed inside if it Mothers Day I type that in too.
I have a stack of those so I can hand write who its for etc, but all my clients know if they give me a few days warning I'll print one off with their details in it:
eg
happy birthday mum
love you - enjoy a bit of pampering
Gift voucher for reflexology
love
Emma
I then print a mini pic on the envelope too.

I have also designed some on vistaprint and they are good.

I just bought a voucher from a local spa, they put it into a gift bag with a treatment menu and the voucher, but then put with it an ill-fitting envelope.

Love the idea of putting in samples, I have put tumblestones in the card before.

When you say designed some on vistaprint .. where abouts are these? I had a peaky but couldnt see voucher. Am I completely blind? x

you use the folded notecards, and I pay extra for the inside to be in colour.
you can add any text and you can usually choose what the inside looks like too.

its good fun looking at all the different designs too.

I type in lily and go for a lily with a bronze background, I then use that to order lots of matching stuff, always go into the free section and 50% off section.
although, I think I end up paying about £7 for the notecards, its about £4.50 for them, with an addition of £2.50 for a coloured inside but you can get them cheaper if you try different options.

Latest posts

Back