Hand protection?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannyeves

Reaction score
I've been doing nails for just over a year now and the past 2 months my fingers/fingertips have came out in a painful itchy rash that then leads to dry hard crackly skin, this normally happens if I'm using CND monomer, scrub fresh and d-sperse and also acetone free nail polish remover. Is there anything I can do to protect my hands? Please help! Thanks x

Hi try wearing cotton gloves with latex over the top to protect your hands, the woman who I did my cnd training with does this due to dermatitis. Hope this helps :)

Nitrile gloves are good too

Sent from Sarah ;-)

Since using Dermal lotion and Diprobase cream mine have cleared up :hug:

I have dermatitis on my hands and feet and solar oil is the only thing that calms it down, I can't work with gloves on I like to feel what I'm doing xx

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Ive been suffering from severe contact dermatitis recently (Just trained with a new gel system) and now anything nail related hurts my fingers, Scrubfresh stings so bad but I'm hoping and praying that once it's cleared up I can use my beloved shellac on myself, I'm just wearing gloves doing any treatment now and using a steroid cream, fingers crossed it gets better. Gutted!!

I use plastic backed wipes with a little tab to cleanse nail plates and the inhibition layer off gels. Don't really get anything else other than hand cream and oil on my hands. Worth a try. I found that the cleanse dried my nails on the middle and index finger so tried them and never looked back. X

Mine have just flared up too. It's mainly my thumb and index on right hand. I bought some finger cots from ebay. They look a bit odd (like mini condoms! !) But if it's protects my fingers I'll carry on!! Have a search for some if you don't want to wear a whole glove x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back