hand soak during manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siana

Reaction score
Could anyone advise me on the best way of doing a hand soak during lux manicure. I use a nice glass bowl but my clients are finding it a bit awkward. I have tried hiring their chair (my table won't lower) but it's still not right. Is there an easy way of hand soaking? Maybe there is a special sort of bowl?

Would love to hear how other people manage this.

Cheers, Siana.

ITEC qualified Manicure and Pedicure

Hi, i use a basic manicure dish (supplied at local wholesalers) for this purpose and find i have no problems with it as the clients rest their wrists on my desk and their fingers sit comfortably in the dish.
Hope this helps
Sarah
xx

Hi, Sazzy,

I live in Bristol too and just qualified. How did you go about getting started? Did you advertise for models, just charging minimum to cover product? My tutor has suggested I do this to gain experience. What do you think/suggest? :eek:

Thanx

xx:hug:xx

Hi Sarah, I use one of those too but I mean when you give a complete hand soak and scrub. The manicure bowls I find too small for this service.

Maybe I haven't explained myself properly. Basically I would like to know how do other geeks carry out a hand soak and scrub? Does anybody use a separate larger bowl other than a traditional manicure finger bowl for this service. I'm just thinking there is probably an easier, more comfortable way for the client.

Any tips on carrying out this treatment would be great.

Ta, Siana

Hi hun this is what I for the scrub I put hot water in a clay pitcher (it helps retain the heat) and a huge clay bowl (i get them from the import store) I place the arm over the bowl and pour the water over their arm and hand then do the scrub over the bowl and rinse with the water or steam towel off.

I personally dont use water in my manis but when I do soak offs I use a bowl filled with marbles and place a rolled up towel for their arms to rest on.

:green:Hi hun,
I use a basic manicure bowl for the whole of the lux manicure and have a big bowl of warm water and sponges next to me, I use this to to dampen the rest of clients hands and wipe away the excess scrub and mask.
Hope this is a help

I bought a lovely large bowl from TKMaxx for my Spa Manicure, it goes down in the middle so its easier for clients to rest their hands in the bowl. I also put things in the bowl i.e polished pebbles, slices of lemon/lime, it gives a soak that little bit more imho! xxxx

Some great ideas here -cheers everyone just the sort of stuff I was looking for. Going to try it all! sounds much easier than what I was trying to do.

Ta very much.

Siana

Latest posts

Back