Hand washing survey......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snugglepuss

Reaction score
Just been reading an article about handwashing trends in America. It basically says that men and women were not washing their hands as much as they used to do when they had visisted and used a public toilet :eek:

Study shows Americans getting lax about clean hands | Oddly Enough | Reuters

the end of the report in the above link states -

The researchers could not account for why people appear to be washing their hands less in public bathrooms. And they admitted that because the research was done in different venues, it was not scientifically valid.

But they said the trend is troubling.

"Fifteen to 20 seconds of friction and soap and water will remove so many germs from your hands and help with your wellbeing. That is a marvellous intervention that will work all over the world," Judy Daly, director of the Microbiology Laboratories at the Primary Children's Medical Center in Salt Lake City, Utah, told reporters.

I for one, will be washing my hands for at least 15 to 20 seconds in future :lol:

I watched Oprah once and she said if you sing the "happy birthday song" while washing your hands it's about equal to the 15-20 seconds you need for the hand washing......
me..... I'm a germ-a-phobe....peeps who don't wash their hands are gross......the last time I was in public and did not wash my hands was .....because I was in a port-a -potty! :irked:.....bad enough I had to hold my breath....:irked:uuuggghhh..... but you bet when I got out I had one of my handy dandy sanitizing disposable clothes that I carry with me at all times!:)

I don't know who they polled but it sure wasn't me. I wash my hands so much I sometimes wonder why my bones aren't the only things left of my hands:eek:
Yes,I live is the USA, it's just nasty to know people are not washing their hands after going to the restroom:eek::eek: YUCK

I always wash my hands after using the loo, public or otherwise.

It just really annoys me that so many public toilets have a handle on the inside, so you've got nice clean hands and you have to grab the handle which was last touched by somebody who may not have washed their hands this week YUK !!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I'm forever washing and sanitising my hands .... I even carry a bottle of non-rinse handwash in my handbag and use is regularly. Come to think of it, I'm sure I must have OCD! :lol:

I was my hands LOADS of times during the day. I think I might be suffering from OCD !!:lol:

The only time I won't wash my hands after using a public convenience is when they don't have liquid soap and only have a bar of soap.

Those things are so nasty and actually have more germs on them than if you didn't wash your hands.

I also really despise it when places have real towels. YUK !!! They normally look filthy and look like they haven't been washed in years. Ugh, it actually sends shivers down my spine ......

Marlise

I wash my hands ALOT!! Its even rubbed off onto my kids!:eek:
I dont wash my hands after using a public loo, eurgh, imagine the germs on those taps! I carry antibac hand foam with me at all times!

Handwasher 110%, I even use loo roll to open the public doors, as the person before you, might not have washed their hands.

How bizarre that I've just stumbled across this thread! One of the blokes who works for me said literally 5 minutes ago that he'd just been in the gents and one of our colleagues had (and I quote) "been for number twos" and hadn't washed his hands.:eek: Yuk.

He also said, "I'm not shaking hands with him again". pmsl :lol::lol::lol:

I even use loo roll to open the public doors, as the person before you, might not have washed their hands.

I thought I was the only person who did this ... it's good to know I'm not alone with my obsession for hygiene :lol:

I find this really disturbing! I find it hard to believe that in this day and age some people don't wash their hands after going to the loo. It's absolutely disgusting!!!

I for one am nigh on religious about hand-washing (crikey, and there was me thinking I didn't have a religious bone in my body! :green:). It doesn't take long to wash your hands and it prevents all sorts of nasties. I tend to carry around anti-bac foam too. I travel on buses every day and I hate watching people (for example) wiping their runny noses on their sleeves/hands and then getting up and hanging onto the poles when they get off!!!! EEEEEEEW!!!

Latest posts

Back