Hand wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthlm

Reaction score
I have a lady that called to enquire about threading, I eplxianed I only remove hair with waxing, and she booked in for a half leg wax, and then asked if I did hand waxing. I have never had anyone ask for this before, I explained to the lady that I had never done it before, but would do it for her if she wanted me to do it, I am wondering if it might be for a asian wedding maybe, maybe for applying henna?? anyway I am after a bit of advice on the best way to do this, if the lady has hair up the arm as well, i am worried that it may leave a visible line?? I use strip wax, thanks x

Oh I do hand waxes all the time. Really nothing to worry about - they are very simple. Just pay attention to hair growth direction, apply the wax in small patches and remove as normal against growth. You may find it useful to cut some strips into smaller pieces to make it easier.

Hands can be quite cold so you may find the wax a little harder to take off if their hands are too cold. I sometimes ask them to sit on the hand I'm not working on to warm it up, or just give it a wipe with a hot towel to warm it up a little if needed.

Mat

I agree with Fozzyo, that's exactly what I do. :green:

Just take their hand as though you're going to kiss it :). Apply the wax from the wrist down to the knuckles and take a normal paper strip and rip rip rip, making sure you watch that you are removing the hair in the opposite direction of growth. Really stretch the skin.

Fold your strip up at the end and then wax the fingers quickly and remove quickly. This is so that the wax doesn't freeze up.

Apply oil afterwards.

thanks guys :hug:, feeling more confident now xxx

Ditto to all of the above!

I have to say though, for me it does seem a strange thing holding another man's hand for waxing! Seems weirder to me than holding his scrotum! :) :)

Latest posts

Back