Hang in there

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickafish

Reaction score
It's been a tough week; one of those weeks where I wonder why I even bother with this crazy dream of mine. Why bother going through this crazy unstable pay? Why bother putting in so much effort to attract what seems like a bunch of ungrateful, thankless people who only want cheap and cheery? Why put up with no-shows, last minute cancellations, bogus inquires, and being price compared with the 5 or 6 surrounding "nail factories" in the area? Why remain professional, kind, and courteous when having to fix the mess left by these factories on the fingers of disloyal clients who were only looking at the sticker price of their service?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has ever had this sort of week. It's frustrating. It's disheartening. It makes us wanna kick baby kittens and punch every wall in sight. It makes us question if it's all worth it. I say... it must be. Nothing good ever comes easy, right? Otherwise, everyone would jump on the bandwagon. So here's to all of us having that tough week. Grab yourself a tall one. Chill out. Blank out. Have a long sleep. Try again. All this blood, sweat, and tears must be worth something. We must really love what we do to go through all this hardship, so let's make it count. Forget reading about other people's success stories. Make our own.

I'm sure, lee, that in time you will build up your own loyal fan club as the rest of we good technicians have. It's early days where you are right?

You have everything it takes to build a good little business. Quality means something to many people. Word of mouth will spread the word ... Perhaps more slowly these days, but it will happen.

Enjoy the weekend and tackle next week with a positive attitude. :hug:

We love what we do! Fug rife!

There's a saying that I think rings true in any industry, but is especially relevant here.

'The cream always rises to the top'

It is still early days where you are, and I'm sure your skill and professionalism will eventually build a loyal clientele.

It's not easy out there just now, for any of us, the nail market is saturated couple that with the bargain/discount culture and depending where you are located you could be on a hiding to nothing before you even get started!

I was lucky when I started that there were only 1 or 2 nail salons in a town , now there are 2 or 3 in a street and a nail tech in every hairdressers (include myself in that one) not to mention all the mobile techs out there.
Even then I still had a lot of tough weeks, and even had my landlords business go bust which involved a frantic panic finding new premises!

Sometimes you get bogged down in all the stress of building a business and need to take a break and come back and look at everything with fresh eyes, is this possible for you chicka?

Keep the faith, when you get the client who's listened to what you say, done exactly what you've recommended and come back full of love for her nails, its worth it. When she's had the most amazing compliments from everyone she's met, has recommended you as her lovely nail tech to friends and family alike then all the hard work and keeping to what you know is right, it's worth it. You're so right nothing worth having comes easy, if it was then that would be the path to the dark side! (sorry Stars Wars reference lol).

Karaxxx

I've had to start over a bunch if times now, but I don't wanna make it about me. I'm sure there are others here going through the same thing with having to start fresh somewhere. Hang in there, y'all! It's a tough climb but I hear the view from up top is beautiful! ;)

Latest posts

Back