Happy with my product...but do I shop around?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercedes69

Reaction score
in a house, in a wood, a little old man by the win
Okay...I have been pondering this question/s for a while....and I have read a thread today that has got me pondering some more...

Now I have searched...and looked at lots of older threads but haven't found the answer to my 'pondering'

So... I was wondering...

If you are happy with your product.... is it still good practice to perhaps try another brand????

I have trained with CND ..and their products obviously... I love them and have no problem with CND whatsoever...
but... I can't help thinking maybe I would be a better tech in the long term if I shopped around a little... even if it is just to appreciate what I have now...

I have been noseying about on other Geeks profiles and notice that a lot of geeks either use...or have at least tried other brands before settling on the one they prefer... some of you seem to enjoy using 2 or more brands/products side by side...

There seems to be a bit of a buzz around a few other brands and I have seen some conversions... is this what you do???? I am merely curious...

I love my Estee Lauder Mascara... but every now and then I try a different brand...:lol:

I am in two minds about this:

Firstly if it aint broke dont fix it.

Secondly if you dont try other things then you might not appreciate fully what you are happy with.

I initially trained with CND and then I decided to try other brands because I wanted to see if it was the brand or the technician to some degree. I found that although I was using less expensive products, my costs were higher because I was having more problems.

I spoke with a girl who trained at the same time as me who had stayed with her trained brand and she said that she always knew what each clients nails would be like on returning - she had this much faith in her work. Each client was a surprise to me LOL.

I felt that I could go back to my original product and have the faith in my work - it did take me 3 years to try other products and return.

I hope that gives you a bit of help, maybe not LOL.

Ive just decided to have a go with akzentz gel. Variety is the spice of life!

Is there a brand in particular you are thinking of trying?

I think that if you were not interested or even curious about what else is out there then you wouldn't be "normal"....i think to have a try and of this and have a try of that...go to the shows and have demo nails done...buy try me packs etc is all to be expected.

It will either....

Turn your head and heart away from your first love and onto your new love

Confirm your feelings of love and desire for your already chosen brand

Turn you into a product junkie to the point where even rehab wont help

either way its all good fun...xx

ooh i love to try new things

its not about whether or not i am happy with my current products, i am just intrigued to see what i think of the new products myself

Thanks for the replies....:)

I am like you Fiona...in two minds...

but....there is so much out there!!!!!

and I like the idea of being normal :lol:

I have been watching the 'buzz' for Ezflow... it is that which got me thinking in the first place... then there is a thread about Young Nails... so I start looking...and my word there are quite a few brands out there...
then a lot of geeks rave about the Ezflow 508 brush...( and I need a new one :irked: I have a millenium one...but it's not quite as good as my pro styler ) ...

It just seems that there are some great companies and brands that need exploring...

but....like Fiona says...If it ain't broke ( except my brush ) why fix it?

i think we'd have to be a little blinkered to not want to try anything else....its an ever moving industry and thats what keeps it exciting. I love to see and hear about new things that are coming out, if we don't even try them then how can we rate them.... good or bad.

i think we'd have to be a little blinkered to not want to try anything else....its an ever moving industry and thats what keeps it exciting. I love to see and hear about new things that are coming out, if we don't even try them then how can we rate them.... good or bad.
I agree, we have to try new things in our industry, as Angie says its ever moving. Its also always good to have an idea of what others are working with.

I want to do a conversion with EZflow, its just finding to time tbh, but I will do it one day! This doesnt mean that Im at all unhappy with CND, cos I love them and i'll always be a CND girl!

xxx

I am a CND user, and love my products, however I also love the EzFlow glitter powders and the 508 brush is fab. I have also got the pro-pushie from EzFlow and use this rather than the CND prep tools.

I haven't yet tried a different L&P or Gel system, but I am very tempted to give them a try once I am back to work 'full time' so to speak, especially a coloured Gel System.

righty-ho...

1. I need to get over my guilt at even THINKING of looking around....it seems like it is the norm so to speak .... I get very protective of my 'brand' lol...

2. Find out how the heck I can 'shop' ... I don't know where to go here in Spain...

3. Get some more clients...who don't emigrate... Have nails done by me... oh I know...lets go back to Colombia to live... or lets go back to the UK... or maybe Russia... :rolleyes:

Do all the brands do a 'Try Me' kit ? and any help with regards to buying here in little 'ol Javea...:lol:

Ok, I confess.....I am a product junkie!!
I find my biggest problem is liking too many different products at once!

I chop and change which products I use on a fairly regular basis, because I think it helps with improving my product knowledge and gives me a wider variety of different nail services that I can offer to my clients! :)

righty-ho...

1. I need to get over my guilt at even THINKING of looking around....it seems like it is the norm so to speak .... I get very protective of my 'brand' lol...

2. Find out how the heck I can 'shop' ... I don't know where to go here in Spain...

3. Get some more clients...who don't emigrate... Have nails done by me... oh I know...lets go back to Colombia to live... or lets go back to the UK... or maybe Russia... :rolleyes:

Do all the brands do a 'Try Me' kit ? and any help with regards to buying here in little 'ol Javea...:lol:

If i'm honest,i'm like you in that i am curious,but would prob feel as if i am being disloyal.

Also if i has the cash i think i'd be wiser to spend it on progressing with my technique than trying another system.

:lol: See this is why i'm undecided :lol:

I think I feel the same as Fiona and Beckie, I'm more than happy with my product and the education I've received from them,and do feel disloyal by even thinking about it but am blown away by the design work of the guys at ezflow and would love to be able to create nails like them.

I'd like to do a design class with ezflow in the future but would love it more if creative bought out a similar class xx

its strange how different we are isnt it ? see i trained with cnd , then tried ez flow .. love it coz of the colours etc.. love the 508 its the only brush i will ever buy but... i always buy my prep tools from creative , i am just more comfortable with them :green:

righty-ho...

It does no harm at all to shop around...and try not to feel guilty about it Jo:hug:

I can not really speak for enhancements....as i am not in that leauge yet...however i did shop around for natural nail care...and for me CND stands poles apart against the rest...and ive worked with a few!

As Angie stated the industry is forever moving....and a brand should do just that for me...passion,results,commitment...again for me CND does this.

But then again...i do like variety,and i do like the best of the best to offer clients...

dare i ask if you have spoken to hubby about your feelings?:eek::)

Is CND giving you the result you need for your clientele?

Are you confident using it...Is it your technique...maybe a one on one is what you need?

However that doesnt stop you from shopping around

You do what feels comfortable for you Jo:hug:

Try and find a local version of our Professional Beauty show where all the companies are exhibiting. Then you can look at them all, talk to techs and people who use them to see what you think about them.

I have been looking on the internet for any trade shows...not just in my area...but in Spain in general...but nada!!!! Well nada that is relevant...

I am at a total loss on how to do anything....:rolleyes:

It does no harm at all to shop around...and try not to feel guilty about it Jo:hug:

I can not really speak for enhancements....as i am not in that leauge yet...however i did shop around for natural nail care...and for me CND stands poles apart against the rest...and ive worked with a few!

As Angie stated the industry is forever moving....and a brand should do just that for me...passion,results,commitment...again for me CND does this.

But then again...i do like variety,and i do like the best of the best to offer clients...

dare i ask if you have spoken to hubby about your feelings?:eek::) well I did happen to mention it...but it went down like a lead balloon...

Is CND giving you the result you need for your clientele? oh yeah for sure...

Are you confident using it...Is it your technique...maybe a one on one is what you need? well I got the best one on one I could get for my training :green:...obviously more would be better... but I feel confident using it...and my technique is probably my own :lol:

However that doesnt stop you from shopping around

You do what feels comfortable for you Jo:hug:

I am using a quality product...and I respect the brand immensely....hence the guilty feelings....but I like to play....

money would be better spent on more training I agree Becky...but for now I need to build up a steady and STABLE clientele... and for that I need supplies...

I don't know...I don't think it would do any harm to try others' .... but for the present time CND does a great job... I can 'play' on myself though can't I ? :wink2:

I always feel that I have to do some sort of training at least once a year. I got my Youngs Advanced and love their products, did my CND conversion and love their products, I'm doing my Calgel conversion in a couple of weeks and have been practicing with their kit and guess what I love their products! I already use Youngs and CND and will now be using Calgel aswell, problem is I'm worried now that its going to get a little expensive buying three different products but I just can't give any of them up. I think its good in one way though because for choices of product I can now offer L&p, buff off gel and a soak off gel. I get so curious about one product and another, especially when I am at the trade shows, absolutely lethal!!:lol: I'm going to concentrate on updating my skills further with the companies that I already use now.

Last edited:
I'd like to do a design class with ezflow in the future but would love it more if creative bought out a similar class xx

YES! I would love to see a class like this by CND.

I love working for a distributor because I get to try everything. There are so many fabulous products available, but my heart belongs to CND.

S

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back