Happy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rinn

CND Shellac EA
Reaction score
Are you happy?

If you're not , what can you do to change that?

What is happiness anyway? Is it attitude? Is it positivity ? Is it being oblivious to everything?

I often wonder this! What makes you happy?
I guess it's being content?
Positivity ? X

I'm happy :) I've had a few moments over the last 9 months but that's the hormones! I'm much happier than I used to be and I now try and grab the good moments and appreciate them at the time they're actually happening. I also try to find a silver lining- not always possible at the time but when I look back I will find it.

I think my ocd, if nothing else has taught me to not let moments pass you by. You can be happy on a small or large scale and what you feel one day can be vastly different to the next. :)

Happiness to me is a feeling of content and not feeling hopeless.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm happy :) I've had a few moments over the last 9 months but that's the hormones! I'm much happier than I used to be and I now try and grab the good moments and appreciate them at the time they're actually happening. I also try to find a silver lining- not always possible at the time but when I look back I will find it.

I think my ocd, if nothing else has taught me to not let moments pass you by. You can be happy on a small or large scale and what you feel one day can be vastly different to the next. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm kind of with you on what you said, I'm a lot happier then I use to be but I'm a glass half empty person so need to look at things and tell myself the good in situations ect.
I feel content for the first time in my life so I guess that's happiness. Xx

I'm a happy person, even if I'm going through a tough time I hide it all inside with my usual cheery self on the outside.

My everyday life is stretched but I have good health, 4 fabulous kids, 3 perfect granddaughters and my cats love me... This all makes me happy.

There are lots of things that could make my family everyday life easier tho :)

I'm not, but it's only me who can change it, and I'm taking steps towards this.

I believe happiness is contentment!
I'm happy when my husband and children are around me! Things like having good meals on the table at regular times, make me feel happy! Having my home clean and tidy also makes me happy. My children doing well, makes me happy.

My mum needs a lot of care, through Carers. She also needs help from her family and that usually falls on me, even though there are 5 children. I am happy to do this, even though at times it annoys me, that it always falls on me! The way I deal with this, is to do whatever it is I have to do! In that way I am helping Mum and in some way helping myself, in that I won't have to live with any regrets! She's 82, funny and adorable! The day she goes, I will be devastated!!!

My animals make me happy. I have two dogs and a cat, all with their own little quirky personalities. I adore them all! They chase each other around and that makes me laugh!

Nature makes me happy! I have a pond in my garden. The little frogs return year after year to re-create. I have a bird table. I place food out for the birds often. Would love to do it everyday, but don't want them to become dependent! Love to see trees budding!

Waking up to sunshine makes me happy. It makes me want to do more. I feel so energised when there is real sunshine!

Finally, there's Salongeek! I love when people enjoy my posts! I love getting hearts and reps! I am happy when geeks PM me for advice! I love when I make geeks smile and sad when threads go wrong! I also love the friends I have made through this site, some of who are very special indeed! These are the things that make me happy!:hug:

I believe happiness is contentment!
I'm happy when my husband and children are around me! Things like having good meals on the table at regular times, make me feel happy! Having my home clean and tidy also makes me happy. My children doing well, makes me happy.

My mum needs a lot of care, through Carers. She also needs help from her family and that usually falls on me, even though there are 5 children. I am happy to do this, even though at times it annoys me, that it always falls on me! The way I deal with this, is to do whatever it is I have to do! In that way I am helping Mum and in some way helping myself, in that I won't have to live with any regrets! She's 82, funny and adorable! The day she goes, I will be devastated!!!

My animals make me happy. I have two dogs and a cat, all with their own little quirky personalities. I adore them all! They chase each other around and that makes me laugh!

Nature makes me happy! I have a pond in my garden. The little frogs return year after year to re-create. I have a bird table. I place food out for the birds often. Would love to do it everyday, but don't want them to become dependent! Love to see trees budding!

Waking up to sunshine makes me happy. It makes me want to do more. I feel so energised when there is real sunshine!

Finally, there's Salongeek! I love when people enjoy my posts! I love getting hearts and reps! I am happy when geeks PM me for advice! I love when I make geeks smile and sad when threads go wrong! I also love the friends I have made through this site, some of who are very special indeed! These are the things that make me happy!:hug:

Absolutely beautifully said x

Aw thankyou! Where have you been Skingeek??? I have missed you!:hug:

Thank you! I've had my hands a bit full, but missed you too! I shall find time to come back on SalonGeek more often xx

I'm happy just frustrated at the minute.

If you don't have sadness, then you can't have happiness. It's sunshine and shade.

I'm probably on the higher end of being happy most of the time, inasmuch as I try to remember,at all times, how fortunate I am to have been born in a place where we don't suffer famine or disease etc. When you put that perspective on your problems they seem to be bearable.

What I have definitely found, as I've become older, is that happiness does not stem from money or luxuries. It is to be found all around us, in the little things, just as tonicj says.

About a month ago I started to feel that I was really happy and finally back to my old self rather than just feeling content and fine. It was a strange feeling and I remember saying to my Husband, do you ever feel like things are going so great that you are scared to believe it or say it out loud for fear of jinxing it?

Then almost immediately it all went wrong! My 15 month old Lab is poorly and it has stressed me into catastrophic thinking and fearing that I will lose him. My happier state of mind that I reached is now on hold, however I am trying hard to appreciate what I have and am aware to say these things to myself every day and to be thankful.

I know little else other than to be happy. Laugh as much as much you can, fill your life with happy, fun people. .. it's a fabulous tonic.

Everyone has off days, down days, fed up days, periods of irritability etc. It's how long these last for that need to be noted.

Manipulating the mind is easy, change your thought processes even if you need professional help and notice the difference ..

I sound like a preacher. .. lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I get scared to Nicole! I think I'm so use to things going wrong I kind of expect the worst but I guess least your always prepared !
When my daughter was about seven I was laughing and she said I wondered what your laugh sounded like!!!
Other words I didn't laugh a lot!
I now am more settled in life and although I find it a struggle at times my daughter and fiancé are always there to make me realise how lucky I am.
And yes happiness I believe comes in a way money can't buy!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395496358.645482.jpg

What I have definitely found, as I've become older, is that happiness does not stem from money or luxuries. .

It sure helps Dandelionpoppy. ... i know I'd be miserable as sin without it....I won't lie. Ha.

It sure helps Dandelionpoppy. ... i know I'd be miserable as sin without it....I won't lie. Ha.

I have a friend who is very well off! Over the years she has taught me money can't buy happiness!
X

I have a friend who is very well off! Over the years she has taught me money can't buy happiness!
X

It helps. Money isn't about buying happiness. . You can't go to a shop and purchase a bundle of happiness yet ( unless in pill form). ... but it relieves the pressures of everyday life which is a large cause of unhappiness and depression. X

It helps. Money isn't about buying happiness. . You can't go to a shop and purchase a bundle of happiness yet ( unless in pill form). ... but it relieves the pressures of everyday life which is a large cause of unhappiness and depression. X

Yes it defiantly helps not to worry about putting food on the table. Xx

Laughter is medicine for the soul... either that or your just plain crazy ;)

my friend has just described me as crazy.. :eek: how rude hahah

Latest posts

Back