Happy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And yes happiness I believe comes in a way money can't buy!
View attachment 59694

Oh God yes Lila that's so true. When I went through a particularly hard time a couple of years ago this really hit home to me. It made me see exactly what is important in life and more importantly what isn't. I felt like I was purely in survival mode each day and it filtered everything out that I didn't need to actually get through each one.

I'm glad to say that an element of that stayed with me, so I guess it was a valuable lesson.
Don't laugh because it sounds mad but this morning when I took my boy for a stroll at 06.30 I was being thankful for having my sight, my mobility and my health at that point. The icing on the cake was being in the park with nobody else around us with the sun just starting to make a beautiful day.

That sounds like a "happy" moment.
I went for a brisk walk last week, the sun was out I felt good and that made me happy.
Small things seem to be the memories we hold onto, not the handbag we bought ;) xx

That sounds like a "happy" moment.
I went for a brisk walk last week, the sun was out I felt good and that made me happy.
Small things seem to be the memories we hold onto, not the handbag we bought ;) xx

Hahaha! It doesn't stop me from buying pretty things :lol:

But seriously, it really is about the stuff you can't buy and I suppose you need to go through some bad times to experience it.

I'm at my happiest when my kids have gone to school and my husband has gone to work. Also, when we're all together away on holiday. When we're all at home I'm at my most miserable.

I'm at my happiest when my kids have gone to school and my husband has gone to work. Also, when we're all together away on holiday. When we're all at home I'm at my most miserable.

Agree 100%!
Sometimes my children stress me out so much I feel so down, like I could literally walk out of my life. My 2.5 year old still doesn't sleep through the night so I am exhausted all the time which doesn't help with the days. I would generally say I am not happy. But then I look at my life and can't work out why.....my kids aren't extremely naughty, I have an amazing husband who shared chores, shares getting up in the night, cooks my dinner if I get in late from appointments etc, never expects the house to be tidy. I don't know what my problem is but I know it's me. I've often thought about trying hypnosis to feel happier!

Despite everything I really am happy. I think my illness and spending lots if time in hospital has taught me I have so much

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Agree 100%!
Sometimes my children stress me out so much I feel so down, like I could literally walk out of my life. My 2.5 year old still doesn't sleep through the night so I am exhausted all the time which doesn't help with the days. I would generally say I am not happy. But then I look at my life and can't work out why.....my kids aren't extremely naughty, I have an amazing husband who shared chores, shares getting up in the night, cooks my dinner if I get in late from appointments etc, never expects the house to be tidy. I don't know what my problem is but I know it's me. I've often thought about trying hypnosis to feel happier!

Sleep deprivation has a huge impact on you feel. I had an awful long bout of insomnia a month ago. Without sleep your body and mind cannot rest or repair itself. Lack of sleep has an immense effect on your brain and thoughts. I really feel for you. Hugs Xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm happy when i'm making other people happy.
And I'd rather be rich in love than rich in money
and I've experienced both
Several years ago i had to watch someone grow from nothing to the kind of man who would do anything for money, there wasn't anything he wouldn't be prepared to do, no morals at all.

I think it's probably about attitude, some people get heavily rewarded for something they care passionately about doing.
But then there are people who don't care less about what it is they do as long as it brings them lots of money

Also, i could have whatever i wanted, but all i really wanted was him (some time), but that was the One thing i couldn't have.
So, so not happy.

I'm very happy now though haha

I'm happy and positive by nature. I don't let things get to me. I think things happen for a reason and what's for you won't go by you.

Im also lucky ...my friend reckons ...if I fell out of a boat, I wouldn't get wet! Lol.

My glass is always half full....and I always think , no matter what ....

The sun always rises and if you can put your two feet under you and get out of bed to greet a new day ...then...that's something to be happy about . :Love:

And I have a healthy , happy family ....that's priceless.

Sleep deprivation has a huge impact on you feel. I had an awful long bout of insomnia a month ago. Without sleep your body and mind cannot rest or repair itself. Lack of sleep has an immense effect on your brain and thoughts. I really feel for you. Hugs Xxxx

Thank you so much just for acknowledging that. I find unless people have experienced sleep deprivation themselves they have no idea how bad it makes you feel! Everyone has tired days, of course, but every night and no routine is literally exhausting. I'm starting to feel so low that I worry if I'll ever feel better even if my daughter does start sleeping through! X

Aw lovey. I can't tell you when, but it will get better. Hang in there. My doc told me that even of you dont sleep just resting your body in bed or wherever is a step forward Xxxx

It's been said that I live my life through rose-colored glasses but I don't think that's the case. I see life for what it is and people for who they are.

No matter what happens in life, I treat it as a learning experience, garner knowledge from it and move on and whomever I encounter in life, I apply the "reason, season or lifetime rule."

I don't try to alter the world, just alter how I live in it. And I don't try to change people...I accept them as they are. Life is much easier and happier this way.

My glass is always half full; there's always a silver lining around every one of my clouds and there will always be a pot of gold at the end of every one of my rainbows. :wink2:

It's been said that I live my life through rose-colored glasses but I don't think that's the case. I see life for what it is and people for who they are.

No matter what happens in life, I treat it as a learning experience, garner knowledge from it and move on and whomever I encounter in life, I apply the "reason, season or lifetime rule."

I don't try to alter the world, just alter how I live in it. And I don't try to change people...I accept them as they are. Life is much easier and happier this way.

My glass is always half full; there's always a silver lining around every one of my clouds and there will always be a pot of gold at the end of every one of my rainbows. :wink2:

I wish I could have an outlook on life like this :(

I am a natural born worrier, wasted hours of my life worrying about things that 'might' happen.

Would love to snap out of it but think it's just who I am......

Happiness... Hmmm, am I truly and genuinely happy? No
I don't have friends (barely), my relatives are jealous and horrible people, I still live at home and my parents are very cold towards each other and my older brother and I barely communicate.
But I am positive, patient and happy on the outside, I am grateful for everything that I have, even though I don't have much money I am working on it but I am not greedy, I am generous and extremely selfless, I give everything I have to people around me, I don't worry about my own happiness which is what is causing my unhappiness.
I don't believe money can buy you happiness but it surely does rent it, it buys you the financial comfort-ability which sure does play a role in an individuals happiness.
I don't have much as I said, but I am gifted, I have talent and I am good at something - this gives me happiness
I am happy partially, but I don't worry about the things I am not happy about, patience is the key to life.

Sometimes things you have been through and things you have experienced in life is what you become, I used to complain about everything and I was extremely weak, turned a small thing into a big thing.
Now, I am silent because nothin affects me, I trained myself to not let anythin bother me anymore because if you do, you will never become better, I have learnt to become cold but it's for the best - block out everything that could affect you and continue with your journey to happiness.

But reallly, I think SG is the only place I would express myself, everywhere else I keep it inside. My relatives think I am the girl that has the world in the palm of my hands, now that they know I have nothing they're still jealous of my nothingness.

All I know about life is put a smile on your face and keep going, life never waits for anybody so yes I am happy when I choose to be :)

I've just realised I am not making sense I am just rambling soz :lol:

I'm not happy at the moment, and I can't see it changing for at least the next 6 months, until I'm legally free of the dead weight that was in my life.
At the moment this is what makes me happier:
Little cat snuggles in the dark watches of the night when sleep eludes me.
Laughing out loud at the unadulterated (no pun intended) silliness of Blandings.
Getting choked up at the selfless, pure goodness of geeks sending me PMs to check that I'm alright.
That first cup of proper coffee in the morning.
The pride that came from installing a boiling water tap all by myself.
The cool side of the pillow.
Being told that ”my friend was very jealous when I told her I was being trained by Lynne Baker"
Watching my little cat stalking and then pouncing on a baby hedgehog. Guess which one came off worst!

Small things, I know, but I'm happy to take the crumbs right now.

I wish I could have an outlook on life like this :(

I am a natural born worrier, wasted hours of my life worrying about things that 'might' happen.

Would love to snap out of it but think it's just who I am......

I'm like you, think it's just the way I am, guess we are all different :) x

I'm not happy at the moment, and I can't see it changing for at least the next 6 months, until I'm legally free of the dead weight that was in my life.
Laughing out loud at the unadulterated (no pun intended) silliness of Blandings.
Getting choked up at the selfless, pure goodness of geeks sending me PMs to check that I'm alright.
Being told that ”my friend was very jealous when I told her I was being trained by Lynne Baker"
Watching my little cat stalking and then pouncing on a baby hedgehog. Guess which one came off worst!

And those small happy moments will get bigger and bigger as your life gets back on track. Your doing well keep going xxxx

And Lynne, don't forget to be happy about being our SW hero! Xxx

I'm happy today, despite the rain! Hubby gone to work until Friday and kids at school. I have a lot to be grateful for. I have a comfortable life, healthy family and lovely clients.

I don't have many friends as I've been burnt too many times and now choose my friends very, very carefully and always keep a distance. But I'm happy that way. Also, all the relatives and so called friends that were getting us down have been eliminated from our lives (no, we didn't murder them) and we don't have to worry about that any more. So all in all I am quite happy, most of the time.

Latest posts

Back