Hard as wraps under Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glamourcat

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm new to the world of nails and Salon Geek! I was hoping someone could please advise me...

A client came in for a shellac treatment, but because her nails are prone to splitting, she requested I use Sally Hansen's 'hard as wraps' under her shellac treatment. I refused and explained to her that I was ensure of possible interaction effects or possible system break down.

She understood but wasn't very happy and didn't want me to use anything else! :eek: Is this product OK to use under the shellac system? Or maybe CND's toughen up?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

As you advised her that this woldn't work, I think that you already know the answer to this question. The last thing to touch the nail before the Shellac base coat must be Scrubfresh. If you apply anything to the nail before the base coat you will get service breakdown. The base coat withh not adhere properly.

Shellac is not suitable for everyone. If your client's are really that weak then Shellac is not the service for her x

Thanks for getting back to me Andrea85, I just wanted to be absolutely sure so I'm not disappointing her for no reason x

Latest posts

Back