hard gel & acrylic brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHB

Reaction score
Hello! 😊 I've not yet settled on a hard gel brand yet. I use a few gel polish brands, so was thinking it may be good to explore their hard get & acrylic. Is anyone using Glossify HG or acrylic? I use their gel polish and like them. So I'm thinking of getting the trial kits and have a play. My shop is newly open (aka - I've got no spare cash!) So although I'm a total lover of training, I can't afford a brand (at the moment) that requires a huge training course on top of it all. Bio sculpture looks amazing, but may be out of my reach at the mo. So I'm looking for an accessable brand that's GOOD, that I can get going with for now. Ideally the same brand - hence my interest in Glossify systems. Thanks to anyone who has time to answer.

Hey! I’ve been using IBD which I’m a huge fan of but have also recently tried Ink London Nails iJel and am very impressed. The only thing with ILN is that you have to sign up and upload your certificate and wait for approval but I promise it’s worth it!! I’ve also heard good things about Mia Secret Formagel but haven’t tried that one yet 🤔 hope this is helpful! X

Sorry I don't use hard gel or acrylic, but I wouldn't recommend glossify products. I'm not sure if you are aware of the issues caused by The Gel Bottle and Premier Gel, but Glossify is made in the same Chinese factory as these other brands. I personally stick to products made in UK/EU/US because I have more confidence that safety regulations are being followed.

The acrylic tech in my salon uses CJP. I use CJP gel products x

Hey! I’ve been using IBD which I’m a huge fan of but have also recently tried Ink London Nails iJel and am very impressed. The only thing with ILN is that you have to sign up and upload your certificate and wait for approval but I promise it’s worth it!! I’ve also heard good things about Mia Secret Formagel but haven’t tried that one yet 🤔 hope this is helpful! X
Thank you so much! Yes, I'm familiar with IBD, not tried the gel - but will check these out! 😊

Sorry I don't use hard gel or acrylic, but I wouldn't recommend glossify products. I'm not sure if you are aware of the issues caused by The Gel Bottle and Premier Gel, but Glossify is made in the same Chinese factory as these other brands. I personally stick to products made in UK/EU/US because I have more confidence that safety regulations are being followed.

The acrylic tech in my salon uses CJP. I use CJP gel products x
😱 Oh dear! I thought it was just GBottle....didn't realise it was Glossify as well! Will certainly bear that in mind! And it's marketed as UK nail techs really wanting to make products for real techs!! That's bad. I saw threads about 'white bottle' and thought it was referring to GBottle.... (I feel a bit of an idiot!) Thank you! I'll look into this more!

😱 Oh dear! I thought it was just GBottle....didn't realise it was Glossify as well! Will certainly bear that in mind! And it's marketed as UK nail techs really wanting to make products for real techs!! That's bad. I saw threads about 'white bottle' and thought it was referring to GBottle.... (I feel a bit of an idiot!) Thank you! I'll look into this more!

Glad I could help! "The Nail Tech Awareness" Group on FB is a good place to start. Upon joining, have a good read through the "White Bottle" section

What about the GELLUX range? Has anyone tried that?

What about the GELLUX range? Has anyone tried that?

I've never tried it. But I've heard many users say that it's really difficult to remove, shrinks, the pigmentation is hit and miss.

It's made in the US so I consider this a "safe" brand.

However their products are widely available to non-professionals on Amazon and Feel Unique

Latest posts

Back