Hard gel cracking and lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mego5dzgrc

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I am new to this site (hey, girl, heeeey) and I am a nail tech and artist at a nail art salon in Fresno, CA. Most of the girls in my salon here don't have any knowledge of hard gel, as we all mostly do acrylic. I really want to learn, so I bought the Young Nails starter kit and have watched a few videos online. My issue is that mine crack and lift almost immediately. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, as I am following all of the prep steps that they say to do. Most of the lifting is at the cuticle, or at the very tip of the nail. And some just pop right off completely. I know its in my application, but I just don't know what I am doing that is causing it. If any of you have any suggestions, I am all ears!

Thanks!

steps to do!

1.buff the nail (take off shine)
2. brush away the dust
3.apply nail prep ( let it dry)
4.aplly nail primer (let ir dry)
5 . start doing your extentions ;)
that is it :). your can try and buy a base gel and then put builder gel. but i used sometimes bio gel (as base) then builder gel to do my extentions :))

Sent from my 9901 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yep, been doing all of that....still lifting...:wink2:

oh dear.. try doing the gel in steps. maybe you put gel to tin or too tick at the cuticle area ? or to close to the cuticle ?

this is freshly done. thats how close and thick i go to the cuticle and it doesn't lift at all. it may be the nail prep

Attachments

• 1415144645005.jpg
    1415144645005.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 156
I've been doing a base layer, then a builder layer. Should I so several thin builder layers and build ip the tickness? Instead of just one? Maybe that is the issue...

try puttin a tin layer of base and build it up. it that still lift up. try using only builder gel :)

Are you using the correct lamp for the gel?

Are you using the correct grit file for buffing the nail?

I do three smaller layers rather than a contact layer then builder layer. I do the thin contact layer then a small builder layer then another small builder layer and my ASP gel stays on really well and didn't crack. But some techs hate doing little layers.
It's all down to personal preference. Maybe a change of brand is needed. 😎

First check and/or replace your light bulbs. If that doesn't work consider what type of lamp you are using. Improper curing is most likely the issue.

Early on I decided to buy cheaper uv bulbs and had cracking and lifting issues with YN Concealer Peach, while e-filing to remove it my safety bit became "gummed up" with gel which was a good indicator that there was a problem with curing. I replaced them with YN bulbs and haven't had the problem since. I would suggest investing in a good lamp and bulbs it will make a huge difference in the longevity of your enhancements.

Good luck. Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back