Hard gel extensions not full coverage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackxs

Reaction score
Hi, I have just completed a course in Hard Gel extensions, but something I have now noticed when practicing nails at home is that when I apply my gel polish ontop of the clear gel extensions is that when you hold the nails up to the light they are very see through. Is this normal with clear hard gel or am I applying my gel polish wrong or am I missing something?🤔
20200811_120221.jpg I

Because the Hard Gel is clear, your natural free edge would be opaque as it's creamy/white in colour not clear. Thats why many manufactures created white/natural gel so you can create a natural looking extension either in french or to minimise the see through look. You can use an opaque colour under the gel polish too like white or cream which will help disguise the see through element

Because the Hard Gel is clear, your natural free edge would be opaque as it's creamy/white in colour not clear. Thats why many manufactures created white/natural gel so you can create a natural looking extension either in french or to minimise the see through look. You can use an opaque colour under the gel polish too like white or cream which will help disguise the see through element
Thank you very much Trinity, that makes sense now. This wasn't explained at my course so I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong.

Latest posts

Back