Hard gel or acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveMyWestie

Reaction score
Morning all,
I am new to the nail industry and I have just completed a hard gel extensions course. I don’t intend on becoming a full time nail tech as I work full time too but would really like a few clients to enjoy my additional work on. My question is that gel (extensions not manicures) don’t appear to be that popular. In my area that doesn’t appear to be anyone that offers this service and I’m not sure why this is? My own gel extensions have lasted months with infills.
Therefore I was wondering whether to do the acrylic course too? It’s quite expensive and considering this will only be part time/hobby work do you think it’s worth doing?
Many thanks Jill

Maybe the gel extensions will make you stand out from others in your area. I would build on this as not everyone likes acrylics. Some people just like gel polish too. Have you done a gel polish course? Might be worth considering as it is also popular.

Yes my course covered both so can offer that too. The new course doesn’t start til January anyway so maybe I’ll just see what happens in the build to Christmas. Thanks

Latest posts

Back