Hard gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani3300

Reaction score
Hi,

I know someone here will be able to help!
1 of my nails broke (quite far down, and wonderfully uneven!) I didn’t want to cut the other 9 off, so I just cut the nail down, filed it and then sculpted using hard gel.
After I refined the nail, I noticed that where my nail had originally broken, it looked like there was a slight crack in the hard gel so I left it all day waiting to see if it broke.

We are now 4 days in and it hasn’t broken, but, it appears like there’s a crack under the gel (if that makes sense), so there are no splits at the free edge, if I move the nail it doesn’t come away. But I can see the line getting longer... any ideas what could be happening?

Is it actually a crack or a line of seeped gel? When you applied the form, it would have been impossible to get a snug perfect fit over an uneven free edge so it's probably seepage.

Is it actually a crack or a line of seeped gel? When you applied the form, it would have been impossible to get a snug perfect fit over an uneven free edge so it's probably seepage.
I tried to upload a picture but it was the most unfocused image going, and it then said it was too large :rolleyes:
The best way I can explain it is when a nail breaks under gel and the crack shows through... it looks exactly like that, except the hard gel hasn’t actually broken at the edge.

I tried to upload a picture but it was the most unfocused image going, and it then said it was too large :rolleyes:
The best way I can explain it is when a nail breaks under gel and the crack shows through... it looks exactly like that, except the hard gel hasn’t actually broken at the edge.

I don't think it's a crack, I think it's just the line of the gel you applied

Latest posts

Back