Quantcast

Hard/hot wax, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

AJC94

Reaction score
We have recently introduced hard/hot wax to our salon for Brazilian and Hollywood waxes. We have been using Clean and Easy but it snaps repeatedly throughout the treatment no matter how thick I apply it, the consistency is closer to honey wax when melted and I think I’d prefer to use something creamier and flexible.
Can anyone recommend a better brand that’s easily available to buy (without specific brand training) and easy to work with? I’ve looked into Lycon but the training is a bit too expensive at the moment!

PicklePie

Reaction score
Perron Rigot Euroblonde is great as is Kim Lawless’ Cockney Rebel. You don’t need brand specific training for either.

CFBS

Reaction score
Hi,
I don't do intimate waxing but I do use the C+E hard wax for other areas.
I use it when it is quite a thick but spreadable consistency (so thicker than how you use honey wax).
Perhaps you have the temperature too hot? Just a suggestion.
When I heat up a full tin I have it nearer to the top of the heat settings. When the tin is half full I only need it on about number 7.
As always - test on self before client.

AJC94

Reaction score
Perron Rigot Euroblonde is great as is Kim Lawless’ Cockney Rebel. You don’t need brand specific training for either.
Thank you, I’ll have a look at both of those! I tried one from Salon Services and preferred it to Clean & Easy, but I may order the Kim Lawless to see how I get on with that.

AJC94

Reaction score
Hi,
I don't do intimate waxing but I do use the C+E hard wax for other areas.
I use it when it is quite a thick but spreadable consistency (so thicker than how you use honey wax).
Perhaps you have the temperature too hot? Just a suggestion.
When I heat up a full tin I have it nearer to the top of the heat settings. When the tin is half full I only need it on about number 7.
As always - test on self before client.
Thank you, I tried adjusting the temperature but still found it broke often. I got one from Salon Services and preferred it to Clean & Easy as it was more flexible. But definitely going to order Kim Lawless to see how I like it.

cloughers

Reaction score
Kim’s wax is fab. I used PR for a few years and love it but Kim’s is better, sets quicker and spreads thinner.

Latest posts