Hard/hot wax, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJC94

Reaction score
We have recently introduced hard/hot wax to our salon for Brazilian and Hollywood waxes. We have been using Clean and Easy but it snaps repeatedly throughout the treatment no matter how thick I apply it, the consistency is closer to honey wax when melted and I think I’d prefer to use something creamier and flexible.
Can anyone recommend a better brand that’s easily available to buy (without specific brand training) and easy to work with? I’ve looked into Lycon but the training is a bit too expensive at the moment!

Perron Rigot Euroblonde is great as is Kim Lawless’ Cockney Rebel. You don’t need brand specific training for either.

Hi,
I don't do intimate waxing but I do use the C+E hard wax for other areas.
I use it when it is quite a thick but spreadable consistency (so thicker than how you use honey wax).
Perhaps you have the temperature too hot? Just a suggestion.
When I heat up a full tin I have it nearer to the top of the heat settings. When the tin is half full I only need it on about number 7.
As always - test on self before client.

Perron Rigot Euroblonde is great as is Kim Lawless’ Cockney Rebel. You don’t need brand specific training for either.
Thank you, I’ll have a look at both of those! I tried one from Salon Services and preferred it to Clean & Easy, but I may order the Kim Lawless to see how I get on with that.

Hi,
I don't do intimate waxing but I do use the C+E hard wax for other areas.
I use it when it is quite a thick but spreadable consistency (so thicker than how you use honey wax).
Perhaps you have the temperature too hot? Just a suggestion.
When I heat up a full tin I have it nearer to the top of the heat settings. When the tin is half full I only need it on about number 7.
As always - test on self before client.
Thank you, I tried adjusting the temperature but still found it broke often. I got one from Salon Services and preferred it to Clean & Easy as it was more flexible. But definitely going to order Kim Lawless to see how I like it.

Kim’s wax is fab. I used PR for a few years and love it but Kim’s is better, sets quicker and spreads thinner.

Latest posts

Back