Hard hot wax mishaps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Trahan

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first time using hard wax. I have used soft wax plenty of times with minimal issues. I purchased a GiGi mini pro kit and used the Brazilian wax by GiGi. I waxed my armpit for the first time,ever, last night the pain was awful but I feel like it was my bad too. When I went to rip the wax off it wouldn't come off. Either it would get stuck mid rip or edges would be left. Just an fyi I took a shower, cleansed with gigi cleanser, applied baby powder like I would soft wax, applied thin layer of hard wax going with the hair and ripped in the opposite direction. I was bleeding pretty bad and picking at the leftover wax was so painful. :( There is still some leftover hair I am terrified to take care of. I almost just want to use soft wax because I wax my eyebrows with it and never had a problem.

What did I do wrong? I want to do my own Brazilian but kind of terrified now.

Hello,

This is my first time using hard wax. I have used soft wax plenty of times with minimal issues. I purchased a GiGi mini pro kit and used the Brazilian wax by GiGi. I waxed my armpit for the first time,ever, last night the pain was awful but I feel like it was my bad too. When I went to rip the wax off it wouldn't come off. Either it would get stuck mid rip or edges would be left. Just an fyi I took a shower, cleansed with gigi cleanser, applied baby powder like I would soft wax, applied thin layer of hard wax going with the hair and ripped in the opposite direction. I was bleeding pretty bad and picking at the leftover wax was so painful. :( There is still some leftover hair I am terrified to take care of. I almost just want to use soft wax because I wax my eyebrows with it and never had a problem.

What did I do wrong? I want to do my own Brazilian but kind of terrified now.

Are you a trained wax professional?

If not, then I would suggest that rather than experimenting on your own and potentially damaging your skin or worse, you go to qualified wax therapist.

Hot wax requires different prep and a different technique to warm wax. You really need to train in it. I would stick to warm wax until then and apply aloe vera.

It sounds like you may have grazed the skin so i would not use any type of wax until it is healed and no longer painful x

Latest posts

Back