Hard skin removal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginalhaytonxx

Reaction score
Which tool does everyone use to remove hard skin during a pedicure? & what works the best? Also do you do this step before or after soaking? X

I use a rasp. The way I do it is - soak feet for 10 minutes then thoroughly dry & use my rasp then. I've only done about 10 pedicures since my training but im getting good results this way used in conjuction with all my lotions & potions too, my clients are leaving with silky soft feet. x

i use a rasp too but have just got the callus peel in xx

I use Callus Peel. Fantastic stuff.

I use Callus Peel. Fantastic stuff.

Ladies I'm looking at the callus peel but I'm not sure were to purchase from, could you give me details please? Also how is it used, it is safe isn't it? I always associate the word peel with taking skin off which i suppose it does but scared of any mishaps :eek: lol x

I like soften by O.P.I it gently softens the skin prior to removal with file or rasp. You can also use it layered under a scrub to give a really lovely treatment after using the file or rasp. I use a softly softly approach to removal as the more you remove agressively the worse the problem can become. I always try to encourage gradual reduction of hard skin over a period of time rather than trying to remove it all in one go as then the results last longer. Saying that I do spend a good amount of time and attention on this area of the pedicure as I think it is one of the nicest bit of having a good pamper .... getting soft feet at the end of the treatment makes you feel lovely!! In the past I have had treatments and they therapist rushes through this stage with a little scrub and file and I have left felling like I could have done that at home and with hard skin still.

Has anyone tried the professional Micro Pedi. The retail version gets fantastic reviews on Boots/QVC/Amazon etc.... The pro version has a courser roller, I'm seriously thinking about buying one as sometimes hard skin removal isn't very successful and I've tried various rasps, files, creams and lotions including Callus Peel.

I like soften by O.P.I it gently softens the skin prior to removal with file or rasp. You can also use it layered under a scrub to give a really lovely treatment after using the file or rasp. I use a softly softly approach to removal as the more you remove agressively the worse the problem can become. I always try to encourage gradual reduction of hard skin over a period of time rather than trying to remove it all in one go as then the results last longer. Saying that I do spend a good amount of time and attention on this area of the pedicure as I think it is one of the nicest bit of having a good pamper .... getting soft feet at the end of the treatment makes you feel lovely!! In the past I have had treatments and they therapist rushes through this stage with a little scrub and file and I have left felling like I could have done that at home and with hard skin still.

That's good to know as I use OPI so thanks, I'll have a look at this on my next order x

I use the CND marine spa range with there foot file, cost a bit more that other products but well worth the investment ;-)

If also found that the file work just as good after you have soaked the foot (dried slightly not left dripping wet) compared to using it when the foot is completely dry.

See serum does exactly what it says it does & my clients are very happy.

Hope this helps x

I use the CND marine spa range with there foot file, cost a bit more that other products but well worth the investment ;-)

If also found that the file work just as good after you have soaked the foot (dried slightly not left dripping wet) compared to using it when the foot is completely dry.

See serum does exactly what it says it does & my clients are very happy.

Hope this helps x

I use the sea serum but can't tell if it actually does anything, how do you apply it? I apply it with a cotton pad then wrap in a towel for 5 mins, wipe off excess then file but not sure if it's doing anything :s

I just apply it with my fingers work it's for Afew moments then wrap in a towel and leave for 5mins

I pay extra attention to areas that are really bad but always have had great results from the first treatment

X

I just apply it with my fingers work it's for Afew moments then wrap in a towel and leave for 5mins

I pay extra attention to areas that are really bad but always have had great results from the first treatment

X

Okay thankyou :) where did you get the file from? Is it a metal one? Sorry for all the questions! X

Its a CND file it's a plastic 1 but you get little sticky replacement pads for it cos a lot more than other files but worth it

X

Marking this for later

Latest posts

Back