Hard to bleach hair & Wella Koleston light colour, is it a good idea?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stefaniastroila

Reaction score
Hi!Half an year ago, my sister who is a professional hairdresser, helped me dye my hair at home. So, the thing is we used a really powerful bleacher(12%)because my hair is kind of strong idk so bleaching does not go easily on it and it kind of does nothing as my hair is really healthy and does not burn?We did it from the half down to obtain an ombre effect. The balayage or smth was done really well, yet the colour did nothjng, obtaining a yellowish look and i wanted a grey look.I used a toner shampoo up till now. My point is that I want to dye it again and use the Wella Professional Koleston 12/81 and idk if i should use a powerful bleacher with it. I'll attach a pic of my hair colour now without having used the toner in the last 2 months, but in reality is really yellowish.
i hope u could give me some advice

Attachments

• 15876597221859056487939764158889.jpg
    15876597221859056487939764158889.jpg
    845 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200423_193723.jpg
    20200423_193723.jpg
    925.6 KB · Views: 18
Kp 12/81 is not a toner, and shouldn't be used as one. If your hair is yellow you will find it very difficult to create a nice grey tone.

Kp 12/81 is not a toner, and shouldn't be used as one. If your hair is yellow you will find it very difficult to create a nice grey tone.
Hi! I never said it was a toner...
I said i used a shampoo toner as an idea, cause i wanted my hair to look ok.
I was asking for an opinion on what i said and I was wondering on the quality of the hair dye from wella regarding my hair.

Please wait until lockdown is over and visit a good colourist.

Hi! I never said it was a toner...
I said i used a shampoo toner as an idea, cause i wanted my hair to look ok.
I was asking for an opinion on what i said and I was wondering on the quality of the hair dye from wella regarding my hair.
You mentioned you wanted to die it again? With kp 12/81? And use a powerful bleach, it can't be mixed with bleach, It's to be used on natural hair, not already lightened hair, and obviously it can't be used as a toner. So if its the already lighter ends you want to be lighter, 12/81 wouldn't be helpful.
What brand does your sister normally use?

You mentioned you wanted to die it again? With kp 12/81? And use a powerful bleach, it can't be mixed with bleach, It's to be used on natural hair, not already lightened hair, and obviously it can't be used as a toner. So if its the already lighter ends you want to be lighter, 12/81 wouldn't be helpful.
What brand does your sister normally use?
She uses L'oreal most of the time, and i was the one suggesting the Wella colour due to the good review.
Are you sure wella cant be used on bleached hair? It's kind of strong to say that because most of colors have to be used with bleachers regarding hair too dark or idk, when you really want the color to be perfect.

She uses L'oreal most of the time, and i was the one suggesting the Wella colour due to the good review.
Are you sure wella cant be used on bleached hair? It's kind of strong to say that because most of colors have to be used with bleachers regarding hair too dark or idk, when you really want the color to be perfect.
I'm 100% sure wella koleston perfect 12/81 shouldn't be used on lightened hair.
Wella koleston perfect in any shades from 10-2 can be used, but not the 12 ranges because it has a totally different make up compared to standard tint. Your sister would know this being a hairdresser.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back