Hard to remove gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kat27Bro

Reaction score
Hey, I'm just looking for a bit of advice. I applied gel polish using 3 layers of colour, so when I came to remove it, it was just not moving and took ages. Do any of you have any tips, or is it just a case of filing most of it away before applying acetone? Any tips would be great. Thanks

With standard gel polish (I use The Gel Bottle) I file as much off as possible then soak them and after doing the last hand I go back to the first one and I use my cuticle pushers and file and it comes off. Some do require more soaking though. Some clients don’t realise they have builder gel or even thin acrylic on sometimes or don’t book in for it so it does take ages!

Hi,

What brand are you using? Have you checked the manufactures instructions for removal?

With my brand I only need to file the topcoat, then I can soak for 15 mins. I wrap the nails in these Lictin 200 Pcs Foil Nail Wraps Remover, 1 Piece Cuticle Pusher, Nail Polish Remover Foil Wrap(Slivery): Amazon.co.uk: Beauty

Hey, I've checked with manufacturer and I just think it's because I've applied 3 coats. I dont have any issues normally, so I think more filing is necessary if 3 coats are applied. However, I am trying to keep it to just 2 coats 😁

With standard gel polish (I use The Gel Bottle) I file as much off as possible then soak them and after doing the last hand I go back to the first one and I use my cuticle pushers and file and it comes off. Some do require more soaking though. Some clients don’t realise they have builder gel or even thin acrylic on sometimes or don’t book in for it so it does take ages!

Thanks for your response, I am going to try and keep to 2 coats, or if 3 are really necessary I'll just have to file more off. I'm not a fan of an e file just yet so I'm sticking to the good old filing ha 😁

Latest posts

Back