Hard wax and brow waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, after such great results waxing myself I waxed our receptionist... and that didn't go so well LOL
I did her upper lip and brows and I think my wax was too cool (Cirepil Blue) and it didn't pick up all the hairs.
I did go over everything twice (after the wax warmed up a little) and it looked better. The skin wasn't even pink!
I do find I get a better, cleaner lines with brows using strip wax, though.

BUT, she commented that the hard wax felt not as painful (and I haven't waxed her for a while so she had pretty good regrowth!!) and the skin was less irritated.
I also found the whole treatment took me way longer.

That's OK though, I will practice (I understand that there is a learning curve) because I really like how the skin looks after.

That's why I ended up using strip wax too on the face. One salon I worked at had two hot waxes one for face and one for u/a and brazilians. We used Lycojet for the face only as it did pick up all the fine downy hairs (but was too expensive to use all over the body!) and kept the cheaper one where the fine and downy ones didn't really matter.

I've got to retrain myself in hot wax again as I do think it will be more gentle for the skin than strip. I've not had much luck so far. Note to self - apply more pressure!

Which hard wax are you using right now?

Just a little update ladies and gentlemen,
I have been waxing with Cirepil Blue (american version of PR Euroblonde) and I love it. I find it picks up ALL hair, even the fine, downy ones).
My timing has improved
I have used it on friends that use retin A- no problems.

I tried Berodin. It's very similar to Cirepil Blue. I find it little stronger. It just has a tiny bit more "snap" to it. Its sets up really nice and it's flexible, like Cirepil blue. It sets up perfectly.
I'm little bit afraid to use it i admit, because it feels like it could pull the skin but maybe I'm paranoid. I will go back to using it on myself for a while to see.

I tried Lycon hot wax in So Berry. I received the sample few days ago. Nice creamy consistency but if you leave it longer on the skin, it breaks. Seems super gentle.
I find i can apply Cirepil thinner then Lycon without brittleness at all
It removed perfectly all my facial fuzz but on 1 client I had to go over the area again to remove the fuzz.
I have a demo scheduled tomorrow with Lycon sales rep and I'm interested in the Lycojet and the white coconut wax too.
Again, we only do facial waxing

I will give you an update tomorrow:)

Last edited:
I'm going to get this in for facial waxing. I find Eurobond doesn't pick up the very fine blonde ones aswell as strip wax so hopefully this will be better :)
Lolly, try removing your EB the second that you can touch it without getting stuck. The wax should still be warm and floppy as you remove it. You should find you'll get a much cleaner finish. Let us know.

Lolly, try removing your EB the second that you can touch it without getting stuck. The wax should still be warm and floppy as you remove it. You should find you'll get a much cleaner finish. Let us know.

I do this Kim. I need to do my lip again anyway so I will try and let you guys know. It does take out alot of blondie hairs on my lip but there are still some left. :)

Latest posts

Back