Hard work clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nettysheer

Reaction score
Hi everyone .

Do you ever have those clients that just aren't ever happy!

So I did a root stretch on a lady see below

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1477225172.279786.jpg

I did this exactly 1 month ago. She had long grown out half head highlights. I
Used 6/0 and 7/0 with colour touch and 1.9 as she has zero white hair and her natural is 7.

I have received a message today saying she isn't happy with the colour it's faded to....

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1477225310.189979.jpg

Bearing in mind it's likely she's washed it over 24 times ( with cheap shampoos as she never takes my advice to buy a good colour shampoo) what would you advise?

Would you use something from koleston perfect or illuminati range even though she doesn't technically need it?

Or would you root stretch again with a 6/0?

Or do I simply explain this is what happens with hair colour and she needs to just book in for another colour and charge normal.

I asked her if she was happy with the colour when it was first done and she said yes. It's just one month later!!!

Is this my fault .... wrong use of colour etc originally or is she expecting too much after nearly a five week colour?

Thanks in advance x

More after pics x

* Illumina range

It's ridiculous to expect you to do it free after so long but it depends what kind of client she is normally as if she is a good loyal client then maybe just as a one off offer a fresh root stretch but on the understanding that she understands that colours fade for lots of reasons including improper shampoos , sun , chlorine etc and you wouldn't be able to do it free again if the same happens etc
If the first colour was over highlights then the second one may grab better and last longer anyway.
She may not be expecting it free she just may be asking for a colour that fades differently but a lot of browns fade like that.

No, you need to manage her expectations and explain that all hair colour fades to an extent and using cheaper shampoos containing strong alkaline based detergents will speed up this process considerably. It's also more obvious with darker tones.

Completely agree with AcidPerm....
After a month it simply needs refreshing :)

Thank you. She's a high maintenance client if u get my drift but still keeps coming back and has done for the last few years x

Totally agree with above advice. By the way, great result in the first pictures!

Thank you. Certain clients make me doubt my ability and knowledge and this client is one of them [emoji22]

Thank you. Certain clients make me doubt my ability and knowledge and this client is one of them [emoji22]
No way totally agree with above comments, colour will fade even with a good colour shampoo but quicker with a cheap nasty one. It's a month after, if it was a week then maybe but no way after a month. Colour looks amazing! X

Thanks lfox
Seeing her tomorrow x

Colour is lovely don't doubt yourself! Totally agree with the other geeks! I tend to say to clients when explaining shampoo "if you bought a dress from chanel, would you wash it in fairy?"... "no didn't think so! Your hair is the same! I totally think she's being unrealistic all hair needs refreshing after this time especially as there is blonde underneath the second colour will hold longer, it's up to you weather you do it at a reduced rate though (personally I wouldn't if you have told her what to expect already... Like you said she never listens!)

she is basically getting her 6 week colour done free) good luck xx

Colour is lovely don't doubt yourself! Totally agree with the other geeks! I tend to say to clients when explaining shampoo "if you bought a dress from chanel, would you wash it in fairy?"... "no didn't think so! Your hair is the same! I totally think she's being unrealistic all hair needs refreshing after this time especially as there is blonde underneath the second colour will hold longer, it's up to you weather you do it at a reduced rate though (personally I wouldn't if you have told her what to expect already... Like you said she never listens!)

she is basically getting her 6 week colour done free) good luck xx
Thanks Charlotte

I really have had enough of doing this client. She always makes me doubt myself and comes back for more x

Thanks Charlotte

I really have had enough of doing this client. She always makes me doubt myself and comes back for more x
Her hair looks beautiful, a real pro job... ( I was slightly envious) don't doubt yourself, that's a really lovely job!
We all get clients like this, I have one at the moment that likes to make me feel guilty for making money... She likes a reduced rate for everything... And never appreciates my time & effort!

Thanks Charlotte

I totally know what you mean my nightmare client was my cousin and to be totally honest I hated her when she was in my chair and it's really hard to be nice to someone you hate esp when you have an amazing 'resting bitch face' like mine!!
I got to the point that I actually was really honest and said if i carry on doing your hair it will be detrimental to our family and I may kill you! Her daughter even said "see mum told you you are a nightmare" her daughter is a hairdresser and even refuses to do her own mum's hair!

Are you self employed? Can you not faze her out? If she makes you stress /doubt yourself /panic / beak out in sweats / want to jump off a cliff GET RID ASAP sorry for the long message......... Your colour is fab the blend is spot on and the sectioning pattern is perfect! ❤️

I totally know what you mean my nightmare client was my cousin and to be totally honest I hated her when she was in my chair and it's really hard to be nice to someone you hate esp when you have an amazing 'resting bitch face' like mine!!
I got to the point that I actually was really honest and said if i carry on doing your hair it will be detrimental to our family and I may kill you! Her daughter even said "see mum told you you are a nightmare" her daughter is a hairdresser and even refuses to do her own mum's hair!

Are you self employed? Can you not faze her out? If she makes you stress /doubt yourself /panic / beak out in sweats / want to jump off a cliff GET RID ASAP sorry for the long message......... Your colour is fab the blend is spot on and the sectioning pattern is perfect! [emoji173]️
Charlotte you just cracked me up!

Thanks for your uplifting reply, your spot on.
Ha that's funny about your cousin and resting bitch face [emoji23]!

Really appreciate your comments. This client literally drives me insane.

She wants celebrity hair but uses home bargins shampoo ! I literally give up x

Her hair looks beautiful, a real pro job... ( I was slightly envious) don't doubt yourself, that's a really lovely job!
We all get clients like this, I have one at the moment that likes to make me feel guilty for making money... She likes a reduced rate for everything... And never appreciates my time & effort!

Then sack her. She is not the right client for you!

Charlotte you just cracked me up!

Thanks for your uplifting reply, your spot on.
Ha that's funny about your cousin and resting bitch face [emoji23]!

Really appreciate your comments. This client literally drives me insane.

She wants celebrity hair but uses home bargins shampoo ! I literally give up x

Haha glad I have been of service Just get rid lovely... You will actually feel the weight lifted (just remain stern but polite) xx

Thanks lfox xxxx

Latest posts

Back