Has anybody heard of this 400hr online nail course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrunchyChips

Reaction score
Not done it myself or heard of it but Wow that's expensive for an online course [emoji15]

Right... I thought so too.. she offers another Program that is half the price for 200 hours.

Make sure that you would be covered with insurance etc for any course. If you can, look at doing training with contact. An online course may not leave you feeling confident to work on the public x

What do you mean insurance ?

To work on the public you need to insurance. An online course might not be recognised or accredited by an insurance company. Try get to a training centre my guess is that you will be able to get a really good quality education for less than that by a recognised brand/ trainer! X

To work on the public you need to insurance. An online course might not be recognised or accredited by an insurance company. Try get to a training centre my guess is that you will be able to get a really good quality education for less than that by a recognised brand/ trainer! X

The OP is not based in the UK so it's likely that different regulations (covering public liability insurance and recognised qualifications) would apply in Canada. Hopefully, one of the Canadian geeks will be able to comment?

I live in Ontario and we don't need licensing or insurance do offer nail enhancements. I might be moving to Victoria bc tho and this lady offers the course online as well and I wasn't sure as per their regulations if it would be legit or not. It's a lot of money and I've never heard of the brand of gel they use on top of the school to which I'm not even sure offers funding.

In BC online courses are recognised and if they are over 40 hrs and/or 1,000$ tuition they have to by law adhere to the basic teaching standards and be accredited. http://taond.com/ this is another option that I have done personally for gel/acrylic nails. I had zero problems getting insurance as they are accredited.

Regarding insurance, you should still carry liability. Although we don't have a "sue you for nothing" attitude in Canada, all it takes is one person. Insurance is inexpensive and protects you. You can also get a policy that will cover stock and materials. It's peace of mind really.

Hello.

http://miragespa.ca/fully-qualified-nail-technician-course/

Has anybody heard of this course or know anybody that has done it ?
Hello, I am the owner of Mirage Spa Education Canada. We are the online school you are wondering about. I would be more than happy to answer any of your questions. To start - YES we are a registered trade school and approved by the Department of Education. We have graduated hundreds of students each year. I have developed a demo which you can log into and see how our course is delivered and the credentials we have. Copy and paste the URL and have a view. https://nail-tech-course.mindflash.com/PublicCoursePage.aspx?c=1387381797
If you have any questions after viewing please feel free to contact any of us at Mirage - we are here for you .
Cheryl

Is this accepted in Georgia

Latest posts

Back