Has anybody heard of this? Think I'm getting old!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sara x

Reaction score
A client asked me this morning if I do a treatment where a crystal is inserted just under the skin for decoration.
She said she had just been to see her hairdresser who had it done on the inside of her wrist at a beauty salon.
To be honest this actually made me feel a bit queasy!!
I have never heard of this at all but is this because its very new/unusual or because I am seriously behind the times!
I certainly won't be doing it as a treatment but I do like to be aware of what is around in terms of treatments.
Can anyone enlighten me??
Thanks

I have seen these...they are sort of anchored in the skin like a piercing :dermal implants)...I know our local tattoo parlour does them if that helps??

xx

Yes, basically it's like a teeny little bar that is straight with a little crystal on the end, when you place the bar in the skin the bottom opens out like a "T" shape so the crystal doesn't come out, then ov clean it until it heals up, but if you want it taken out you will have to have it cut out (not a huge cut but still) and you will be left with a scar. they are pretty to look at but not when you get older and want them taken out then you're left with scars. I don't like the idea. whats wrong with wearing jewellery? x

My daughter has some.
Shes a tattoo artist and they are placed to embelish parts of her tattooed arm.
Look really delicate.
They are called dermal anchors.

one of my younger clients.. (she's 18) has a couple on her forearm

all i could say to her was "can you imagine catching that on your clothes?"

she just laughed.

...I turned green.

I've become so squeamish since having a child! (she's nearly 7 now..lol!)

and there i was in the 1990's thinking I was cool by having my eyebrow, nose and belly pierced..:Scared:

one of my younger clients.. (she's 18) has a couple on her forearm

all i could say to her was "can you imagine catching that on your clothes?"

she just laughed.

...I turned green.

I've become so squeamish since having a child! (she's nearly 7 now..lol!)

and there i was in the 1990's thinking I was cool by having my eyebrow, nose and belly pierced..:Scared:

I too have become really squeamish after having children! My oldest is 8, youngest is 4, but I used to be the most unsqueamished person alive. NOTHING would phase (sp?) me at all. I loved watching and was fascinated with autopsies (seen loads having been a microbiologist), anything grusome. But now?? Ewww.

A guy in our Lush store has a heart thing inserted under the skin on the back of his hand, I was talkign to him about it as my boys asked how it was done and he said he had his skin cut, inserted and sewn back up. Sounded REALLY painful and didnt look very appealing.
I've had loved a tatoo when I was younger, but im way to scared now! lol
x

Thanks so much for replies, hate it when I don't know about things related to what I do (ish!)
I feel much happier now that I can at least sound like I know what I'm talking about when people ask! Thanks x

Latest posts

Back