Has anyone come across Rock Star Nails just popping off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeanettes

Reaction score
Hi, I am loving the Rock Star Nails, using Shellac, but have come across them popping clean off after a few days>
Can anyone help please, I do as per Shellac/Rock Star procedure - is this something that happens with this service?
JES :rolleyes:

I've never had this happen. I do Holly and Kristina's V3 of rockstar nails. I like that look, best. :)

Is it happening to your or yoru clients?

I had this on my daughters thumbs, I do however think i maybe didn't get all the cuticle off (I did a dry prep) :!: I have not had a problem on toes and my own fingers but haven't done anyone elses fingers yet.

Thanks for both your replies.
I did my toes (first go at Rock Star) a week ago and they seem fine.
However, one of my hairdressers lost 3 toes over a weekend (could have been boots) but then today the other hairdresser went to show off her toes to a client - and one rock star was lying on the floor in front of her and me - it had come clean off (she was wearing open toe shoes all day).
I guess I'm just worrying as I sent one of my ladies off on holiday with them saying they would really last and now I'm having my doubts?
JES x

Prob what is happening is that the free edge is not being "sealed" due to the bulkiness of the glitter. I do two coats of top coat for smooth finish (I think fingernailfixer recommends this too) but after curing first top coat, I file edges with a 400 grit and then polish & seal with final shellac top coat. Also, scrubbing in the glitter vs. Dumping on top helps cut down on bulkiness.

As long as UR prep is spot on, this should help. If not, check UR prep.

Thank you - 2 questions please:
When you "file the edges" after curing glitter layer do you wipe the sticky off or leave as is?
Also, how do you "scrub" in - I guess I dump it on, tap off, clean sides, cure, then brush - maybe I should brush or press top down before curing?
JESx

Thank you - 2 questions please:
When you "file the edges" after curing glitter layer do you wipe the sticky off or leave as is?
Also, how do you "scrub" in - I guess I dump it on, tap off, clean sides, cure, then brush - maybe I should brush or press top down before curing?
JESx

I'm not sure about removing the sticky layer before filing but my guess would be no.

As for 'scrubbing' in, after you have applied base, color, cured both, you take a brush dipped in a BIT of alcohol (just to dampen) then dip into glitter. You brush the glitter into the sticky layer. This creates a smooth finish. I think this creates a smoother finish. It is beautiful.

HTH! :)

I'm not sure about removing the sticky layer before filing but my guess would be no.

As for 'scrubbing' in, after you have applied base, color, cured both, you take a brush dipped in a BIT of alcohol (just to dampen) then dip into glitter. You brush the glitter into the sticky layer. This creates a smooth finish. I think this creates a smoother finish. It is beautiful.

HTH! :)

Agreed. Pressing the glitter into the sticky with the brush makes a remarkable finished look.

Latest posts

Back