Has anyone done NSI training?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picklegem

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been looking around for nail courses and i've found NSI which sounds really good the tutors name is Amber and she comes to your home for a four day course followed by a day 2-4 weeks later for the assesment.

She teaches you....

Tips and overlay
Sculpting
Infills
Rebalencing
Nail art
Problems
Dieaseses
How to build your client base

Included is....

Nail trainer
Kit
Training Manual
Video.

This Course costs £575

Has anyone done this course? Or had Amber as a tutor?

Is this good value for money???

Please Advise

PICKLEGEM X

Hi,

I can't comment on NSI as I haven't done any training with them, although I would interested to hear if anyone else on here has. I want to have some one-to-one training to brush up on pink and white, but would prefer them to come to my home.

The cost doesn't sound too bad considering you are having the tutor on a one-to-one basis at home. Good luck.

Kind Regards

Hi there

Yes I did my manicure course with NSI at my local nail place in Chichester and it was very good.

In fact I spoke to Amber as I was going to get her to come to my place to do extensions, but she was so booked up I didn't have the patience to wait and went to CND. However, I don't think you will be disappointed she's very nice - American - goes all over the world training.

Would love to know how you get on if you do book her as I would like to do the pedicure course, maybe gels if she does them. The nail place in Chi was changing hands and they weren't sure when the next courses would be, still aren't at the moment either.

Deb379

Great price for one to one & a nail trainer (They are pricey on their own). I had a couple of hours one to one with NSI and they were fab.£35 an hour for one to one I think. I wasn't too sure on sculpture and it really helped me! (Wasn't Amber though, I'm in Bedford).
Mind you - My whole NVQ unit 19 was under £500.

Pro's and cons for all of them I think but NSI are definitely a great company in my opinion and I use many of their products too.

Sam X

I havent been on one to one training with NSI. I have been to a on day workshop that I was invited to. As a company NSI have always been really helpful and fast at sending goodies. I had the pleasure of meeting Amber and Mandy at a one day workshop. They are both fab trainers and I really enjoyed my day. Both thier knowledge is very extensive. You will enjoy Ambers company as she is very postive. I think it will be well worth and I really do get on with NSI problems.

Hope this helps you good luck with everything and I hope you enjoy it to.

Jen

I am NVQ trained with my local college, but we used NSI products. I can't really fault NSI on anything, their new brochure is really good with lots of new ideas. But I do just have to say that on their Balnace Gels training video they have spelt "Sculpting" wrong!!!

hi that sounds like a good idea when they teach you in your own home have they a web site or info on the courses????

Hi all,

After reading this thread yeaterday I contacted NSI and although they don't come to your home (or not for my area), I have booked a one-to-one with Sam in Norwich. It's in three weeks time and I'll let you know how it goes. :D

Kind Regards

Hi,

I trained with Amber in June. She was really nice and very helpful, even after the course was done. You will definitely enjoy training with her.

One thing though, I don't think you will be getting the nail trainer hand or the video. I didn't get them with my course. You can get the video for free from NSi by giving them a call.

I've been for a one day with Sam in Norwich, learning NSI l&p. I enjoyed the day and although the nails looked like the rockies to start with (you know how hot it was!) She persevered with me and my model went home in love with her new nails! I think I'm gonna need LOTS of practise though, I did find it difficult, so I can't wait for my nail trainer to arrive (I won it on ebay). I would go to NSI again, and their products seem quality to me, although I'm new to nails so I'm not an expert!

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Hi Ya, NSI at the moment to me are the best thing to happen to me and i too am going to do some training with them x

Kellyc said:
Hi Ya, NSI at the moment to me are the best thing to happen to me and i too am going to do some training with them x
Hiya Kelly,

I know how you feel, NSI are also the best to happen to me, Even thought it took ages for my kit to arrive. Love their products and want some training too when I earn enough to pay for it lol

Sarah Lou said:
Hiya Kelly,

I know how you feel, NSI are also the best to happen to me, Even thought it took ages for my kit to arrive. Love their products and want some training too when I earn enough to pay for it lol
Hi Ya yeah does seem like its never ending money! but hopefully it will redeem itself lol! Luckily enough my kit arrived the next day for the NSI Gel and ive just received the Spa Aroma Free Acrylic which i will soon get round to practicing with, i had tried so many gels before and never got on with them so was glad when i realised i can work well with it right consistency etc x x x

I trained at home with Amber and received excellent training. She is very patient & friendly and will go over anything you are unsure of, well worth the money.

Hi

Its sounds like great value to me gem x

I thought you had done your nail training already though?? Last time i spoke to you you were doing ezflow training?? Or am i muddled up??

Sounds like your getting some really positive feedack from this thread Gemma, and who was saying this is all creative on here.

Looks like a lot of NSI girls very pleased with their training and trainers.

Sara Satchell said:
I am NVQ trained with my local college, but we used NSI products. I can't really fault NSI on anything, their new brochure is really good with lots of new ideas. But I do just have to say that on their Balnace Gels training video they have spelt "Sculpting" wrong!!!

lol !!!!!!!!!

amb x

Jennifer said:
Hi,

I trained with Amber in June. She was really nice and very helpful, even after the course was done. You will definitely enjoy training with her.

One thing though, I don't think you will be getting the nail trainer hand or the video. I didn't get them with my course. You can get the video for free from NSi by giving them a call.

Hi i'm doing a course with them in October going to open day first on 10th October then think i'll do the manicure & pedicure course on the 24th October then the acrylics course starting on 31st October!! But when i rang they did say that the course includes simplicite kit, nail trainer, video, training manual lunch & light refreshments the course is £420 + vat. So well worth it!! Jennifer i'd complain to them if i was you as you should have had them included so its not right. Especially as the courses cost a bit to do!!!! I'm sure they'll sort it for you!! I was noticed you can have home training but i think i prefer to be with others in the same boat so that you can help each other, chat etc.. plus possibly make new friends in the business, who trained with the products you'll be using if you get me!! Plus the nails i have at present are NSI & can't fault there products i have L&P sculpts which is what i want to do when i've qualified!!!!

omg i jsut realised this thread is a year old!!

Little Angel said:
omg i jsut realised this thread is a year old!!

Will it still get read then? I didn't realise either weird how some get revisited after a while!!! Does it matter? lol Still wanted to post though just in case!!

Latest posts

Back