Has anyone done the Body Wrap course at The Carlton Institute?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rach

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've had a search through the threads, and i can see that quite a few of you have trained at the Carlton Institute.
I was wondering if anyone has done the Body Wrap course there and if so, was it good/bad?

thanks
Rachel

have not done the body wrap there but trained there for nails, in my experience, the education is very basic, would not recommend.
its up to you

Hi

I have done this course. You get minimal training. You watch one being done then quickly do one and have one done on you. You do feel nice after having the treatment but most clients want guaranteed results. I wouldn't recommend this course unless you are there for another course and get it really cheap, it passes a couple of hours!

Catherine

I did nails there too. Athough at the time I thought that the course was okay (this was my first introduction into the nail world and my first ever course on nails) have now realised that there are much better training centres/companies out there.

I also registered with them at the time of training to do my NVQ/IHBC with them. I have been working hard to build my portfolio and have found them not be helpful at all when contacting the centre with any questions about the NVQ/IHBC - If this continues, I may file a complaint and see if I can switch centres to one that will help me.

So my advice is - go somewhere else.

Thanks everyone for your replies, they have been really helpful :)

Try the universal body wrap. It's excellent. If youre going to the Excel show have a look around the show for this and try their training. It's a got very good press. xx

Not heard good things about Carlton. Have you tried the Herts and Essex academy there's one in Stansted? They are great have trained with them and thought they were excellent.

GreekNails said:
I did nails there too. Athough at the time I thought that the course was okay (this was my first introduction into the nail world and my first ever course on nails) have now realised that there are much better training centres/companies out there.

I also registered with them at the time of training to do my NVQ/IHBC with them. I have been working hard to build my portfolio and have found them not be helpful at all when contacting the centre with any questions about the NVQ/IHBC - If this continues, I may file a complaint and see if I can switch centres to one that will help me.

So my advice is - go somewhere else.

I'll second that!

One of my friends did her nail training there and wasnt really impressed. It costed her alot of money and she still had to train elsewhere for basic knowledge.

The majority of courses at this place seem very 'fast track' to me...

I done the Body Wrap as an add on to the nails course it was cheap. They are very helpful and keen to sell their courses but Ive learned the hard way. Spent too much money for what it was worth. I would go else where or even wait for excel and explore your options there. You get to see demos and make your own mind up. A good company will let you decide and not push hard sales. A lot is reputation

Latest posts

Back