Has anyone else noticed Angel Remy quality has gone down?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lb61809

Reaction score
Hi there,

I’ve been an extensionist for nearly 6 years now and have been a loyal customer to angel remy stick tips for about 4/5 years. Up until recently they have always been my go to supplier for great quality hair and pretty good service. Many of my clients have been wearing their hair for years and absolutely love it. However about a year and a half ago, a couple of my regulars asked if I’d changed hair suppliers and said this hair felt thinner and the ends were very split. I brushed it off telling them the hair was “natural ratio” and it was to be expected that the ends would be thinner etc. Gradually a few more clients asked me if I’d changed supplier and I still told them no and that I couldn’t see any difference with the hair . Then one of my clients who has worn AR 8/24 stick tips for years was in for a fitting of new hair . I still had an unused packet of 8/24 DOUBLE DRAWN 14” so I decided to use that and ordered the rest of the quality in. When I compared what is meant to be double drawn you can see the difference in thickness, quality and even the colour is different. I have attached pictures below. Old hair is on the left, new hair on the right. So I questioned AR on this who assured me they have not changed supplier and if anything the hair quality has gotten better? They also said colour sometimes varies but wouldn’t actually comment on the blatant difference in texture, thickness and quality of the hair. So again I hoped it was just a bad batch and things would go back to how they were. Now a year later from that picture, my regulars are messaging me every time after a fitting complaining that the hair is not the same as previously fitted and a total of three now have asked for an extra pack to help thicken it up. I think I’m going to have to look elsewhere sadly. I don’t want my regulars to think I’m lying to them and using cheaper hair when actually the prices have gone up! I’ve already lost one client who has gone elsewhere. Very frustrating. I just wondered if anyone else’s clients had complained at all or if anyone else has noticed?
Any one have suggestions for a reliable and reasonable priced Indian hair supplier? I’ve had issues with prestige stick tips quality in the past but last I heard the lady who owns it said she was changing her supplier so the hair was going to be much better?
3331F629-511B-4E1F-BF94-06AB0DAF9BA8.jpeg
7F2BD500-5B11-4173-9E3F-16036A15B6EB.jpeg

I can definitely see what you mean with the hair, although I have to admit the new hair looks a better colour! The tone looks off in the older hair.

The extension market is unfortunately going the way of thinner hair, more & more people are wanting to wear hair extensions, but the supply of raw hair from countries like India, China, Russia, Mongolia etc is running out...

So you will notice a fair few suppliers hair is thinner then it was 2-5 years ago, so I don’t think this is necessarily a problem, but Angel Remy should definitely be open about it if you have asked them!

Prestige hair is amazing now, it’s completely different to the hair you would’ve tried before. I think it lasts the best of any hair on the market.

The stick tips are natural ratio, so they’re really not that thick. But they are what you expect of natural ratio. But they also have all lengths of tiny tips (just smaller stick tips) that are all double drawn [emoji1362]

I love prestige hair but the tips I’ve recently ordered seem to be very thin on the ends/ lots of short hairs not double drawn as described. I still occasionally use it though as it’s lovely hair but don’t expect lovely thick hair all the way to the tip!

Thanks I’ll give prestige a try again. I know their service is the best I’ve experienced, I’m a bit wary as I had to refit so many of my clients hair when i tried them the first time. The owner was lovely and did replace every single set free of charge though and she told me she had changed her supplier so there would be a big difference in the hair!

Latest posts

Back