Has anyone ever changed business name back to a previous one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailz73

Reaction score
Hi all..

Well things havnt been good, with new salon...so i have had to totally re think my path. The wonderfully enthusiastic hair stylist that started beginning of march was busy for a week and half then nothing and now gone...leaving me back to.....just me ....

So after much soul searching and words of encouragment from lovely ladies on another forum and my family... Ive decided to carry on but lose the hair studio and turn it into a bigger beauty room...and stick to what i know and love...i should have done this in the start, but hindsight is a gift we could all do,with....

Anyway long story cut short... My salon name is The Style Lounge...which i chose to represent all aspects of the industry in one collective, which worked..now i am losing the "hair" side....i feel it doesnt represent the salon as it will be...

I loved my last business name...i should never have changed it :( .....it was Dragonfly Nails...am thinking of changing it back to Dragonfly Nail & Beauty ....

Honest opinions....would it be wise...i still have fb page and website running (don ask why lol ) ...all my printing ive done myself and all i really need to do is notify hmrc, suppliers, change signage and bank...

So undecided on this one...

Not looking for an answer as such...just thoughts on the matter..

Sarah xx

Not sure of logistics and such, But I would change it. You need to love every aspect of your business especially the name.

I would just have a poster in the window saying 'formally the style lounge' or something. Xx

I gg what your saying about losing the hair, if you. Loved your name why did you change it? I always think there's a reason behind change rather than just changing at the time to dragonfly hair and beauty or something

If you liked your. The style lounge how about something like the beauty lounge still gives you a new identity and fresh start xx

I personally think it would be a shame to give up on the hair side of things after just one stylist. Why not see if you can find another stylist with a strong client base? See if you can get your nail customers to book in with her (you probably tried this before). The key will be down to the stylist themselves and how popular they are and the size of their following. I wouldn't give up just yet. Be very selective and give it another go. If it really doesn't work out then maybe go back to how it was before but keep on fighting to expand your business.

personally, as a previous poster has said you need to love your business as its YOUR baby. i would be more inclined to change it back to just DRAGONFLY or DRAGONFLY LOUNGE/ DESIGN. try not to put your self into a small box that would involve more changes in the future.
you obviously were keen to add hair to your company and it is a shame you have had a bad experience, it does take time to build clientele, maybe look for a stylist that has a large lot of home clients already and looking at them being there part time to start with.

Latest posts

Back