Has anyone had success advertising with netmums?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahc

Reaction score
have been thinking about it for a while, as i use it myself - wandered if anyone had any success and what package they went for? many thanks

i use it and get quite a few clients xx

I use it, and have advertised on it but imo and in my area, there seems to be a lot of people who want something for nothing, there are lots of price wars going on and I for one will not enter into it :) Its always worth a try though :)

thanks, will have a nosey at their packages then .. can you advertise for the odd month or so or have to enter a yearly contract? thanks

I always put notices on the notice board and had great success I paid for two months for advertising went for the dear on so you were on the front page and notice board paid for nov and dec thinking with run up to xmas it would be busy and didnt get one phone call I was really disappointed xx

I hope it works for you but I wont pay for their advertising again xx

To confirm you do pay per month and you arent in a contract xx

can i ask do you put a general advert on the noticeboard with web site or special offers etc .. didnt think of advertising like that, just been on my local one and quite a few advertising spray tan, mob hairdressing etc .. what a good idea, but are we breaking any netmums rules?

This thread has just prompted me to put an add on there to see if I get any response.

I don't normally advertise and my target market is usually older so will be interesting to see if pick up any clients from it.

I use it occasionally and in the early days got a fair bit of work from there, I only used the noticeboard.
I agree though that they all seem to want something for nothing and I also refuse to join in the price wars on there- people often offer full sets for £15 for example.
I will leave my website address on there and details of any offers I may be doing but that is about it.

Ive had loads by just advertising on their notice board. It's free :) x

All the threads I have read on there seem to be how to diy and not pay pro's for hair and beauty.
My own experience of school mums is that they are the lowest spending demographic on hair/beauty services.

ive always used the notice board and so far it has worked but we did a paid ad and it didnt work at all. x

i have used it in the past for my old business worked ok to be honest never paid for it and never would. im getting married this year and actually found my hairdresser to do my hair on the day. i wasnt even actively looking on netmums i actually did a search on google for wedding hair in bromley and it brought her up. the other thing is (correct me if im wrong techie people) but i found the more i had my business on other websites (worthwhile ones obviously) the better it was for pushing my website up on say google search and the more results come back. i could be wrong here but it seemed to work for me before.

xxxxx

I'd say yes but dont pay just use the notice board! I've had some great customers from there who are regulars.

I'm in the same area as Chocolate Pickle and Blinkin Gorgeous and I'd agree with them that there's a lot of people who want something for nothing and a lot of therapists who will provide a cheap service and undercut! I just let them as I know the customers I have will recommend my service and I refuse to run at a loss! I dont put prices on anymore just get people to email me to find out the price!

I saw someone doing a full set of lashes for £15 the other day on there, I was like you go ahead dear!!!!!

I love Netmums and have had a good response from just advertising on the Noticeboard.

However, it gets a bit irritating when you see more than one name advertising the same company/service but luckily Netmums spotted it and sorted it out.

I haven't had to advertise anywhere lately (apart from a bit on my Facebook page here and there) but might do an upgrade on Netmums in the Spring.

xx

I'd say yes but dont pay just use the notice board! I've had some great customers from there who are regulars.

I'm in the same area as Chocolate Pickle and Blinkin Gorgeous and I'd agree with them that there's a lot of people who want something for nothing and a lot of therapists who will provide a cheap service and undercut! I just let them as I know the customers I have will recommend my service and I refuse to run at a loss! I dont put prices on anymore just get people to email me to find out the price!

I saw someone doing a full set of lashes for £15 the other day on there, I was like you go ahead dear!!!!!

yes, the undercutting irritates me so much! I too dont generally advertise prices as you know 5 mins later someone will come along and knock £10 off whatever price you advertise!
I just think if everyone keeps to a good price then we all win, I also dont like how desperate it sounds undercutting everyone else.
Still, i think like you, if they want to work for nothing then more fool them! :hug:

What do you all post on the noticeboard ?

I have added a free listing in the health & beauty section, is it just a case of copy & pasting it or should I write something more personal ?

Latest posts

Back