Has anyone heard of Strivectin cream?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clairet

Reaction score
I just wondered if anyone has heard of or used Strivectin cream.

It is, apparently, a stretch mark cream essentially, but it has also been found to be an excellent anti wrinkle treatment.

I had a new client on Friday who was telling me all about how fantastic the results have been on her skin.

Has anyone every given it a go?

Mmmm...........I tried it and didn't see any difference. However, to be fair, I didn't use it regularly so it was a waste of £100 or whatever it was. My friend used it and loved it. xxx

Trinny and Susannah love it....but then Trinny and Susannah can afford it also!

I love Bio Oil for stretch marks and wrinkles, much nicer price tag too :green:

Bog standard pile cream is good for a quick fix of wrinkles, I wouldn't know about using it on a regular basis as it has quite a high level of retinol in it.

Trinny and Susannah love it....but then Trinny and Susannah can afford it also!

I love Bio Oil for stretch marks and wrinkles, much nicer price tag too :green:

Bog standard pile cream is good for a quick fix of wrinkles, I wouldn't know about using it on a regular basis as it has quite a high level of retinol in it.

and whats the side effects of to much of that then...?...what is retinol...?

Do you use Bio oil on your face Amy?

I have been thinking about how it would be on my face. I've had fab results on a scar that I had.

Yes i have heard of it .The thing i often find with new products like this is its people trying to find the easy way .I m not saying it doesnt work but its a bit like being porky and the quick diet .You look good because you have neglected yourself and have looked so bad for so long and then you go for the quick fix and of course you look better because you have actually started to look after your skin because you are paying £70 a tube.
CLEANSE,TONE ,MOISTURISE, MASSAGE ,EAT WELL, DONT SMOKE AT ALL ,DONT DRINK TOO MUCH ESPECIALLY SPIRITS, DRINK PLENTY OF WATER DONT HAVE TOO MUCH WORRY,PLENTY OF JOY AND SUN FACTOR 30 AND ABOVE ALL GOOD GENES AND YOU WILL HAVE GREAT SKIN.

Yes i have heard of it .The thing i often find with new products like this is its people trying to find the easy way .I m not saying it doesnt work but its a bit like being porky and the quick diet .You look good because you have neglected yourself and have looked so bad for so long and then you go for the quick fix and of course you look better because you have actually started to look after your skin because you are paying £70 a tube.
CLEANSE,TONE ,MOISTURISE, MASSAGE ,EAT WELL, DONT SMOKE AT ALL ,DONT DRINK TOO MUCH ESPECIALLY SPIRITS, DRINK PLENTY OF WATER DONT HAVE TOO MUCH WORRY,PLENTY OF JOY AND SUN FACTOR 30 AND ABOVE ALL GOOD GENES AND YOU WILL HAVE GREAT SKIN.

I agree with what you've said there hun and I'm never one for a quick fix treatment.

The woman that I mentioned is actually an actress and she has used all types of skin creams over the years with varying price tags. She has regular facials etc - but she reckoned this was her 'saviour' product.

and whats the side effects of to much of that then...?...what is retinol...?

Retinol is Vitamin A, the amount in haemorrhoid cream is a fair bit higher than that in face creams that claim to have very high amounts of retinol. It is meant to reduce fine lines and is sometimes found in stretch mark cream too. Some have said that using pile cream on your face for a prolonged period of time can have adverse reactions, I think it dries it out and makes it more sensitive and prone to reaction. Maybe I should go and google it to find out some more....

Claire - yes I do use Bio Oil on my face, I slather it on overnight and on my days off. It works under makeup if you use the tiniest bit and buff the excess off before applying your base (well it works for me, but if you have oily skin then perhaps not). You probably already know this, but make sure your skin is damp before applying it as it will really lock moisture in then.

Thanks Amy.

I haven't got oily skin - quite dry actually.

I normally use Iris Oil from Decleor, but thought I might have a change.

I'll give it a go. :hug:

Retanoic acid can thin the skin therefore acts as a super exfoliant, which is great for acne, vitamin A also encourages collagen production due to increased rate of cell turnover-great for aging skins, however over use and not using sun screen can cause irritation due to the breakdown of the skins natural barrier. Used properly it is very effective.

Infomation from wikepedia:
"All retinoid forms of vitamin A are used in cosmetic and medical applications applied to the skin. Retinoic acid, termed Tretinoin in clinical usage, is used in the treatment of acne and keratosis pilaris in a topical cream. An isomer of tretinoin, isotretinoin is is also used orally (under the trade names Accutane and Roaccutane), generally for severe or recalcitrant acne.

In cosmetics, vitamin A derivatives are used as so-called antiaging chemicals- vitamin A is absorbed through the skin and increases the rate of skin turnover, and gives a temporary increase in collagen giving a more youthful appearance.When used, dryness of the affected skin may occur. More sensitive patients may also experience redness, scaling, itching, and burning. It is best to gradually increase the frequency and amount of tretinoin application to allow your skin to adjust. Heed your doctors advice when beginning a round of treatment.

This product increases the risk of extreme sunburn. Application of sunscreen while using tretinoin is strongly recommended. If sunscreen is not applied, there is a minimal evidence of an increase in incidence of skin cancer.

Because usage of tretinoin may cause thinning of the skin, it is strongly recommended that patients who are using the drug abstain from hair removal waxing. The wax will, when removed, pull off the top level of epithelium (skin) with it, leaving a red, inflamed, sore, and unattractive mark for several days. If you wish to have hair removal treatments performed while using tretinoin, opt for tweezing or threading (epilation). The recommended timeframe to wait for a waxing treatment after using tretinoin varies from source to source; anywhere from 5 days to 3 months have been reported. Speak to your aesthetician and dermatologist to discuss the best option for hair removal during or after tretinoin use."

I use a retinol eyecream from roc and it is excellent. Not sure about the best stretch mark creams- I would love to find a good one though! I have them just from normal growth at puberty which seems unfair as I have never been over weight. I have always believed there is no cure once they have turned white (I never noticed mine being red-has anyone else seen this stage?) as the damage is permanent (I'd love to be wrong!) you can check out this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stretch_marks

hth

:)

I am 35 weeks pregnant with a HUGE tum....have slathered it in Bio Oil since being 6 weeks pregnant and don't ahve even the teeniest stretch mark in site! In fact there is still plenty of 'elasticity' left in my skin.

Bio Oil gets my vote every time!

I'm pregnant and I use Alqvimia Body Stretch Stopper, I like it because it's a 100% natural oil which just glides onto the skin, leaving it feeling really supple and soft. Better still it doesn't smell of anything as any kind of perfumed products turn my stomach at the moment! You can buy it from Alquimia Spa - A Centre for Transformation

HTH! x

I've been wanting to buy the Strivectin Eye Cream since it came out as I have got two huge frown lines between my eyes.

BUT at £55 for a tiny little tube, I can't afford it. It does get super results but I'm too scared to spend that type of money just in case it doesn't :eek:

The stretch mark cream retails for over £100 !!!!

Marlise

I am 35 weeks pregnant with a HUGE tum....have slathered it in Bio Oil since being 6 weeks pregnant and don't ahve even the teeniest stretch mark in site! In fact there is still plenty of 'elasticity' left in my skin.

Bio Oil gets my vote every time!

Prevention is better than cure. You have managed to prevent them from occuring by keeping the skin elastic. I wish I had known I would get stretch marks through natural growth as a teen. If I had I would have slapped on the bio oil myself!!

I use Srtivectin Cream + the eye cream, it's very expensive in the UK (isn't everything??!!) so I get a friend who lives in the US to buy it for me & post it over - it's virtually half the price we pay in the UK!!! I have been using it for 18 months & am happy with it, people say I don't look my 45 years (but hey - maybe they are just being kind??!!). Coluldn't say there are any drastic changes but am hoping it may help prevent/slow down the ageing process!! Who knows??!! I use it twice a day as directed (something I never kept up with creams I have tried in the past) - so that's a good thing!

if only it were that easy!!!!

I have used both Strivectin and bio-oil and I must say, for me, bio-oil wins everytime! And the bonus is I can buy lots of new clothes with the £125 I've saved (bought mine at selfridges where it was £135!!!) :smack:

Ooh how bizarre, I just read a review for Strivectin in the paper, unfortunately the reviewer said it was a big waste of money. :eek:

Ooh how bizarre, I just read a review for Strivectin in the paper, unfortunately the reviewer said it was a big waste of money. :eek:

Why was it a waste of money ??

Marlise

Latest posts

Back