Has anyone heard of System 3 Nail Gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d2022h

Reaction score
I've been looking for a Nail Salon that does true gels and called a place that said they use a product called "System 3" which they claimed was a gel but rather than being a uv gel it uses halogen. I've looked around and haven't found any information on this and am wondering if this is what I actually want. I was looking for natural gel overlays after being duped into getting acrylic with a uv gel top coat.

Sorry hun never heard of it but gonna google it in a mo....???????:rolleyes:

I've already tried googling it and I searched the forums. I wonder if she meant she uses a 3 phase system? But my question to the salon owner was 'what brand of gel does she use?' which she responded by saying "System 3. Its the best gel for natural nail overlays, but is different from UV gels as it uses a Halogen light instead of a uv light and has no acrylic in it at all."

wel just tried to find anything one it and i cant so sorry hun... cant see how a gel can be cured in this method but i may well be wrong.. good luck ...:rolleyes:

I've already tried googling it and I searched the forums. I wonder if she meant she uses a 3 phase system? But my question to the salon owner was 'what brand of gel does she use?' which she responded by saying "System 3. Its the best gel for natural nail overlays, but is different from UV gels as it uses a Halogen light instead of a uv light and has no acrylic in it at all."

The last phrase I highlighted just doesn't make sense.
We all know that all the nail systems wraps, acrylics and gels are all from the acrylate family. So to say a gel has no acrylic is preposterous.(word of the day lol)

I await to be corrected though if this is some new fandabbydozey system we have not yet heard about in the UK, although I won't hold my breath :o:

i never heard of a system being cured by halogen light. interested to hear if there is one.
i would advise getting in touch with some reputable gel companies and asking if there is a technician near you that they could put you in touch with.

I just called the salon again as I was getting frustrated at not being able to find any information on it. This time a different person told me the gel they use is called OPI System 3, however I still am not able to find any information on this, not even from the OPI website. Does anyone know if this is a true gel? Is this product any good?

I am interested in getting nno with perhaps a pink and white or forever french and am not interested in adding length as my nails grow fine, they are just thin and I often break or tear them and also prefer long lasting manicures as I wash my hands often.

I've just had a look on the OPI Professional website, they don't have a gel called System 3.

Being as the gel this salon uses supposedly only needs a halogen light to cure it then I would say that it isn't a UV Gel as that needs UV light to cure.

If you know of anyone who has enhancements then ask them to recommend a salon for you to go to, either that or you can contact nail companies directly to ask them if they know of a tech in your area who uses gel.

Good Luck in your search.

I distribute OPI in my country and have NEVER heard of that gel, and would appreciate if the title could be edited because it has NOTHING to do with us and could lead to some confusion.

Latest posts

Back