Has anyone seen this??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hands_Only

Nail Professional
Reaction score
Crazy isn't it? :rolleyes: Some people will do anything for money, with or without morals.

I would doubt however that it would be accepted by any of the insurers so in theory they wouldn't be able to charge for their services although again I dare say they will.:irked:

Even if it were genuine (which i doubt) how do they test and check out peoples work or do they just hand out the certificates to anyone??

Crazy isn't it? :rolleyes: Some people will do anything for money, with or without morals.

I would doubt however that it would be accepted by any of the insurers so in theory they wouldn't be able to charge for their services although again I dare say they will.:irked:

Yes, i doubt that this will be accepted by any of the insurers too.

The certificate says from "College of Beauty" LOL where is this College of Beauty though!

It doesnt fill me with confidence that they can't even spell 'completion' on the ebay description.:eek:

a couple of weeks ago i was glancing through ebay and came accross something like this but from a different seller, anyway the one that i was looking at was only 1.49 including postage so just to be nosey (i really wanted to know how they offered a course on a dvd like this)so I ordered and paid for one it came a couple of days later. But guess what it was??? IT WAS A COPY OF THE LEIGHTON DENNY DVD!!!!

People will sell anything now a days to make money:rolleyes:

I've got to say sellers like this make me absolutely livid. As well as about 99% of the geeks i studied hard to become a beauty therapist - 2 Years in full time education and practice practice practice!!! Im still practicing now 3 years later!!! and then sellers like this thinking its easy!! GRRRR lol and brrreeeeeaaaatttthhheeee!!

Well, i emailed the seller to ask if their certificates were recognised by insurers, and unfortunately they did not understand what i meant............errrrrr:eek::eek::eek:

hmm, well i came across a few dvd's that i thought might be helpfull to me before i found SalonGeek.. I was having trouble with my re-balance.. so i thought eh.. it cant hurt! One was a Copied DVD of that Hand trainer thing ((which after watching through i decided never to look at again)) and the other was a copied one similar! what i wanted was extra tips.. ((what i wouldnt give for a mentor in my area.. I am a few hours out of the city and completely isolated from the nearest salon unless i go into town for a day which rarely happens!))
Moral of this story is .. unlesss you want to end up learning how to scratch up a nailbed to help bond the acrylic.. stay away from these DVD's!

Absolutely diabolical! And being sold by someone in Dublin too - I'm horrifed! I've sent them a rather curt message asking if they are selling a course or just a certificate in order to fool the public into thinking their 'therapist' has been trained properly? If they reply I'll let you know what they say.

The thing is, most people wouldn't know what a legitimate certificate looks like and would probably be fooled into thinking this was the real thing.

I'm disgusted!

Well, i emailed the seller to ask if their certificates were recognised by insurers, and unfortunately they did not understand what i meant............errrrrr:eek::eek::eek:

LOL - just noticed your post, I wonder if they'll give me the same response? I've actually reported the item to eBay now and told them if they don't remove this item I will report them to the Consumer's Association of Ireland as the seller is encouraging his/her buyer's to commit an act of fraud..... I won't hold my breath, but you never know!

well my reply i got didnt really give me an answer. They just said that if you buy their course from their ebay shop, you can then buy their certificate. They couldn't tell me if the certificate was good enough for the insurers to accept, in their own words.:eek:

OMG i cant beleive what people will do,iv just finnished my 11mths course for nails and still going for more training in september and more after that.Its cost me a fortune but its worth it for something i want to do.People who dont realise what is involved in nails will think this is the real thing,they want shooting.All i can say is they are "cheaky sods" to be polite.
xx

Well here's what I wrote to them:

"Are you selling an actual course or just a certificate in order to fool the public into thinking a course has been attended? And do Irish Insurance Companies accept your certificate when applying for Public/Professional Liability Insurance?"

and their reply...............

"This certificate is just for completions of this course it will not be accepted for insurance, we are not footing no one its clear its certificate of completion a course over the internet as the ones in usa. "

So I've just replied to them......

"As you are selling the 'certificate' seperate to the buyer completing any course, this means anyone could buy one without doing any training at all. The only reason they would do this would be to defraud the public into thinking their treatment is being carried out by a qualified therapist and as you are party to this fraud I am reporting you to the Consumer's Association in Ireland who will investigate your entitlement to issue these so called 'certificates'."

The annoying thing is, 3 people have already bought them, don't you just love dishonest people! :evil:

I cant believe that. I am a newly qualified Nail Tech, worked real hard to get my certificates etc. Its terrible people are allowed to do that.

Success!

We did a bit more 'messaging' back and forth, me mentioning 'Fraud' quite a lot and 'Consumer's Association in Ireland' - they got a bit snotty with me and told me to stop 'harrassing' them as they have ended the listing! *LOL*

Just have to keep an eye on them in case they put their dodgy certs up again.

And shame on those 3 people who bought them:

robbo26574

yew1957

cartmill27

Success!

We did a bit more 'messaging' back and forth, me mentioning 'Fraud' quite a lot and 'Consumer's Association in Ireland' - they got a bit snotty with me and told me to stop 'harrassing' them as they have ended the listing! *LOL*

Just have to keep an eye on them in case they put their dodgy certs up again.

And shame on those 3 people who bought them:

robbo26574

yew1957

cartmill27

Well done you!!!!!:green::green:

Just thought id ask since the reason i found this item was looking for empty pots to mix powder and gel (not in the same pot) does anyone know where I can get these.

and as for the ebay thing its not fair having people like that on there I love ebay and buy loads for stuff from it (mostly german ebay now) but i have learned to be careful and i always check there feedback now.

thanks
angela

Just thought id ask since the reason i found this item was looking for empty pots to mix powder and gel (not in the same pot) does anyone know where I can get these.

and as for the ebay thing its not fair having people like that on there I love ebay and buy loads for stuff from it (mostly german ebay now) but i have learned to be careful and i always check there feedback now.

thanks
angela

Hi someone on here was saying you can get little empty acrylic paint mixing pots from the craft shops where they make model toy kits ect
they are very tiny with a plastic lids too,

hth :hug:

Can someone please tell me what the items were - i just tried the link but it says items were removed from listing !!!! I assume it was something dodgey but wanted to catch up and see it for myself.

Can someone please tell me what the items were - i just tried the link but it says items were removed from listing !!!! I assume it was something dodgey but wanted to catch up and see it for myself.
The items aren't showing either because this thread is 6 months old or due to them removing the items from sale.

hth's

Latest posts

Back