Has anyone studied at Glow Academy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stefanie

Reaction score
I'm currently heavily considering signing up for classes there. I am moving to Toronto in a few months from Belleville, Ontario, while my boyfriend attends Humber College for Funeral Services. I'm so excited! :green: Originally I had just been planning to go up and work minimum wage all year, and THEN (once BF gets his 35k a year starting job...YES!) go to school for Esthetics. But I realized - I don't really want to do esthetics. Honestly, most of it doesn't interest me enough to want to spend probably 13000 dollars and two years of my life on it. I've ALWAYS loved nail design. I think becoming a nail tech would be a perfect career for my personality - plus once my boyfriend is working we will have decent job security while I'm getting on my feet. I'm thinking after I finish school I'll probably want to get a job in a typical mall salon as an employee so I can really do lots of on the spot clients and practice. Eventually, though, I want to be a booth/room/chair whatever you call it renter and have my own business :) Who knows? I might even be an owner someday! That said, I have to get my training. Though there is no official certification in Ontario, I still think I'll do best being taught. I've currently been really looking into Glow Academy.

GLOW Academy | Makeup, Hair and Aesthetics School in Mississauga | Brampton | Oakville |Toronto| Malton 905.670.9456

Great reviews, too:
GLOW Academy Reviews, 1315 Derry Road East, Mississauga | Beauty Schools | n49.ca

I've been looking at beauty schools near Jane and Finch (where I'll be living) at it seemed far and away the best choice. I'll need to work 33-40 hours a week to live on while BF is in college, and Glow is really flexible. Naz is the manager and we've been chatting over email and on the phone. She seems like a wonderful woman. She even is trying to hook me up with a job through an agency she used to go through! She seems genuine and helpful to her students. Also, the cost is 3500 for manicures/pedicures, gel, acrylic, shellac, nail art, and waxing. I may consider getting lash extensions eventually too - just to add services. I think this seems like a good choice as far as being flexible, reasonably priced (I literally saw one that wanted 8 GRAND. Are you freaking kidding me). I was really wondering if anyone here has had experience with this place? Also, I gotta see if my grandparents will help me out with a loan so I can go. My family, me, and boyfriend are dirt broke right now. Any other advice is great too :) If you know of any other nail tech schools in Toronto (within an hour, hour 15 bus ride from JnF) OR even a nail tech willing to teach or who does her own small classes I'd love to hear about it :) Thank you!

I'm currently heavily considering signing up for classes there. I am moving to Toronto in a few months from Belleville, Ontario, while my boyfriend attends Humber College for Funeral Services. I'm so excited! :green: Originally I had just been planning to go up and work minimum wage all year, and THEN (once BF gets his 35k a year starting job...YES!) go to school for Esthetics. But I realized - I don't really want to do esthetics. Honestly, most of it doesn't interest me enough to want to spend probably 13000 dollars and two years of my life on it. I've ALWAYS loved nail design. I think becoming a nail tech would be a perfect career for my personality - plus once my boyfriend is working we will have decent job security while I'm getting on my feet. I'm thinking after I finish school I'll probably want to get a job in a typical mall salon as an employee so I can really do lots of on the spot clients and practice. Eventually, though, I want to be a booth/room/chair whatever you call it renter and have my own business :) Who knows? I might even be an owner someday! That said, I have to get my training. Though there is no official certification in Ontario, I still think I'll do best being taught. I've currently been really looking into Glow Academy.

GLOW Academy | Makeup, Hair and Aesthetics School in Mississauga | Brampton | Oakville |Toronto| Malton 905.670.9456

Great reviews, too:
GLOW Academy Reviews, 1315 Derry Road East, Mississauga | Beauty Schools | n49.ca

I've been looking at beauty schools near Jane and Finch (where I'll be living) at it seemed far and away the best choice. I'll need to work 33-40 hours a week to live on while BF is in college, and Glow is really flexible. Naz is the manager and we've been chatting over email and on the phone. She seems like a wonderful woman. She even is trying to hook me up with a job through an agency she used to go through! She seems genuine and helpful to her students. Also, the cost is 3500 for manicures/pedicures, gel, acrylic, shellac, nail art, and waxing. I may consider getting lash extensions eventually too - just to add services. I think this seems like a good choice as far as being flexible, reasonably priced (I literally saw one that wanted 8 GRAND. Are you freaking kidding me). I was really wondering if anyone here has had experience with this place? Also, I gotta see if my grandparents will help me out with a loan so I can go. My family, me, and boyfriend are dirt broke right now. Any other advice is great too :) If you know of any other nail tech schools in Toronto (within an hour, hour 15 bus ride from JnF) OR even a nail tech willing to teach or who does her own small classes I'd love to hear about it :) Thank you!

I attended Glow Academy last year in summer and took their nail program along with waxing and lashes. Great school! Really enjoyed my time there. Naz is great!

The school looks really good too! You won't see another school like it (loving the pink walls). Worth taking a tour if you haven't already.

They were flexible with scheduling and their payment plan as I needed that being a single mom. Happy with everything and will be going back to take more courses in the future as I am currently saving up :)

I enrolled at this school earlier this year. I did some research and glow sttod out to me. Love going to class. Very fun environment and atmosphere. Teachers are REALLY good. The place looks really nice! The school has flexible class schedule which worked best for me as I work during the day. The opportunities we get for our portfolio shoots and practical placements is amazing. Worth the money I am paying as I've started getting booked for paid jobs already. Will be taking additional courses in the future at glow.

Latest posts

Back