Has anyone suffered from cyberbullying?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire@OBNMK

Reaction score
I'm so upset, my hubby loves photography and was a member of a website called Viewbug.
But one member took it upon himself to wage a hate campaign against my hubby because he had a few forum friends there and a few of the women were complaing that this particular member was stalking them and giving them hassel online.

Well my hubby being the gent told this bloke to back off now this guy has been spreading rumours about my hubby saying he's gay, he's a nutter and other members are believing him.

My hubby lost his temper (he's on antidepressants plus he's getting increasingly paranoid) and he left a couple of threats online (yes i know stupid thing for him to do and i told him off for it but his state of mind has something to do with it i think)

Now everyones ganging up on him, he's deleted his viewbug account and his facebook account and he doesn't want anyone to talk about him or find him.

And this is the second time this bullying thing has reared it's ugly head on this website, my hubby just wants to show his pictures off he doesn't want all this shjte.

I've got him an appointment with the docs today, I'm so worried for him, It's like he's having a breakdown.

Has anyone experienced cyberbulling, especially as an adult? I only thought it happend to kids.

My hubby is the nicest bloke, he'd help anyone out and he's very generous with his time for others and this whole episode has made me lose faith in humanity :cry::cry:

I never have but I don't think it matters what age a person is nobody deserves that !
Shows how nasty people can be !
Everything nowadays is all about Facebook and all you hear is horror stories from it that's why I have steered clear from it !
Can't offer advice but think gp is the best option your poor husband !
These people sound very nasty bitter and Childish !
It's a shame he has had to close his accounts because of these people !
Ganging up on someone because they are supposedly gay ? They need to grow up vile people . Xxxxx

I'm so upset, my hubby loves photography and was a member of a website called Viewbug.
But one member took it upon himself to wage a hate campaign against my hubby because he had a few forum friends there and a few of the women were complaing that this particular member was stalking them and giving them hassel online.

Well my hubby being the gent told this bloke to back off now this guy has been spreading rumours about my hubby saying he's gay, he's a nutter and other members are believing him.

My hubby lost his temper (he's on antidepressants plus he's getting increasingly paranoid) and he left a couple of threats online (yes i know stupid thing for him to do and i told him off for it but his state of mind has something to do with it i think)

Now everyones ganging up on him, he's deleted his viewbug account and his facebook account and he doesn't want anyone to talk about him or find him.

And this is the second time this bullying thing has reared it's ugly head on this website, my hubby just wants to show his pictures off he doesn't want all this shjte.

I've got him an appointment with the docs today, I'm so worried for him, It's like he's having a breakdown.

Has anyone experienced cyberbulling, especially as an adult? I only thought it happend to kids.

My hubby is the nicest bloke, he'd help anyone out and he's very generous with his time for others and this whole episode has made me lose faith in humanity :cry::cry:

I never understand how people become worked up or upset over virtual forums, generally you never meet the people you type to, words have little tone, it's how you receive them that causes issues. Someone threatens you - what exactly are they going to do about it really? I understand most upset is caused by kids bullying at school, this in turn quickly spreads to the social media platforms and does cause some serious situations with kids taking their own lives. This must be traumatic beyond words but I wonder here if that is an age thing. What I mean is at the age of 40 I am not going to take my own life because people on a forum are being nasty. I do get a little irked occasionally but it's probably because something else has happened in the day that has caused this.

There are many people that have strong minds and strong opinions, there will always be people you find easier to type to than others. There will always be some that if you send a message saying 'Hi how are you' three times in one week they will class you as being a stalker. I suppose as human beings the majority of people like to be liked... People call me all sorts of names on here for various reasons, probably because I'm blunt and come across rude to some and I will defend myself where I need to but...so what, they are entitled to their opinion, the same as I am. A group of people choosing to dislike me on a virtual forum, doesn't really cut it with me I'm afraid to say. I worry about the things and the people that matter in life. To talk in a free for all forum you have to have a thick skin, I don't think they are for the faint hearted by any stretch.

There is very little to take offence to in my opinion. Why doesn't your husband join the Royal Photographic society they have a professional forum on there, he may be better suited in there than on a "free for all" site. Maybe your husband has underlying issues and this could be the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. I hope he feels better soon but regarding the forum, he really shouldn't take any of it on board nor get involved with other peoples issues, I'm sure the girl could have told the guy who was bugging her to clear off herself. :hug:

Last edited:
I have not been but my ex stalked me online, pretending to be other people ect and i thought i was going crazy in the end! I didn't no who to believe anymore.
On line bullying is horrible, my daughter had it the other day on her instergram she had one girl saying she was a tramp ect as she put a picture of MUA makeup on and another girl said i hope your mother dies!!
The best advice i could give her was to ignore them!! The more you rise to it the more they seem to like it!
Very strange i no but some sick people out there.
Hope he can get the help he needs from doctors :hug:xx

Kids are really nasty, I think worse than adults to be honest. When my daughter was diagnosed with coeliac disease, everything changed, she was the only one who was left out of parties, kids used to bully her by forcing donuts in her mouth, sit on her in the playground. I only had to go to the school once for this, it never happened again. But to fit it in with everyone else she used to eat foods that made her feel very ill and used to hide the packets in her room which I used to find, as for her she just wanted to be normal. I understand physical bullying but I think far worse than anything anyone can write on a virtual forum....although for school kids I feel this is just as bad...as there is no respite from it.

Oh goodness your poor hubby. Some people are such cowards- bullies are. Social media has brought out some real nasties and there are some that wouldn't say boo to a goose, but give them a keyboard and they think that gives them cart blanche to say every horrible thought that comes in to their heads. Gutless!

On forums there are all sorts. As for the 'sheeple" following this nasty little man and believing his lies, they are just the pits.

Some people become very 'brave' on forums behind a screen name, but more people recognise this than don't.

Tell hubby to keep his chin up, perhaps with the way he's currently feeling it would pay to step away from social networking sites until he feels better or perhaps not engage in more heated debates.

Hugs missus xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

You guys are fab.
I wish i could met some of you in real life :D

He's stepped away from the social network thing and we are going to have a talk as a family tonight and make some changes regarding spending more time doing non-related pc stuff. x

Kids are really nasty, I think worse than adults to be honest. When my daughter was diagnosed with coeliac disease, everything changed, she was the only one who was left out of parties, kids used to bully her by forcing donuts in her mouth, sit on her in the playground. I only had to go to the school once for this, it never happened again. But to fit it in with everyone else she used to eat foods that made her feel very ill and used to hide the packets in her room which I used to find, as for her she just wanted to be normal. I understand physical bullying but I think far worse than anything anyone can write on a virtual forum....although for school kids I feel this is just as bad...as there is no respite from it.

I did say to him "if your feeling this bad god knows what teens go through what with their emotions being all over the place!"

Sorry to hear this. I think that online bullying is a serious issue nowadays.

I have experienced something like this where I was involved in an online argument for something I commented on in a forum. My experience is that there will always be haters and those who are not able to accept another persons' ideas or beliefs are the ones who bully (the attention seekers).

I think the best way is to give those individuals no attention. Ignore them and don't leave messages for them to reply to. In the end, they will lose interest and leave your husband alone.

Hope your husband gets well soon.

Latest posts

Back