Has anyone trained with Nov'Max?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essex Me Up!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm interested in doing the Nov'max training so that I can offer Brazilian blow dries. They include training if purchasing a full size kit and I was just wondering if any geeks had trained with them?

Many thanks :D

Last edited:
Hey we use Novmax , a lot of geeks do and it's fab !
It's a bit fumey, we wear masks when straightening etc !
Didn't have training on it as it's so easy we just watched the online videos etc .

Hey we use Novmax , a lot of geeks do and it's fab !
It's a bit fumey, we wear masks when straightening etc !
Didn't have training on it as it's so easy we just watched the online videos etc .

Would that not make your insurance void if anything was to happen xx

Would that not make your insurance void if anything was to happen xx

There wasn't a training option when we took it on , we had La brasiliana and that didn't have training either , we did ask !
The response we got was that it is so easy there is not much to train in .
As far as insurance goes no we asked and they are happy that we don't need a certificate in it as we are already qualified in permanent straightening .

I don't think you need to have training in this product to be insured, if you did it wrong then your insurance would be void.

Masks??? Are you having a laugh?? What does that promote to your clients? There are formaldehyde free product out there which are safe for both client and salon.

I spoke to Emerson at Nov'max today and he said that the training isn't certificated so I'm going to check with ABT on Monday whether my insurance would cover it still.

Is the product that bad fume wise? I'll be doing a lot of my work mobile so wouldn't want anything that will fumigate their houses/family :eek:

There's a reason why there have been health scares on these products - do your research x

I've had a Brazilian blow dry myself and I didn't think the fumes were that bad, especially not to have to wear a mask, but as I hadn't used this product before I thought I'd ask the question.

I have done a lot of research and I am well aware of the health scares involved. I am also under the impression that the levels of formaldehyde in Nov'max are below the legal limit at 0.2% - which I believe actually enables it to be labeled as formaldehyde free as anything 0.2% or less concentrated isn't regarded....(which is not something I agree with especially when someone could be allergic such ingredients).

Have any other Nov'max users found issue with the fumes?

We use 2 - nano keratin (0.02%) burns your eyes, makes you cough- actually gives me a headache.
I also use kerailk - 100% formaldehyde free - lovely smell and you can wash it straight out- guess which ones more popular and brings more business!

I don't think you need to have training in this product to be insured, if you did it wrong then your insurance would be void.

Masks??? Are you having a laugh?? What does that promote to your clients? There are formaldehyde free product out there which are safe for both client and salon.

We have tried other formaldehyde free ones that don't really work !
Trying to find a formaldehyde free one that is as good as Novmax.
Any recommendations would be gratefully received :)
We have a client following that love this one so the masks are staying until we switch .
It is within eu regulated limits but would rather none at all .
The fumes are mainly when straightening , not too bad as long as in a well ventilated room .

We use 2 - nano keratin (0.02%) burns your eyes, makes you cough- actually gives me a headache.
I also use kerailk - 100% formaldehyde free - lovely smell and you can wash it straight out- guess which ones more popular and brings more business!

Yes same thing as novmax , like peeling onions for the eyes and sore throats after hence the masks so that doesn't happen .
Does Kerasilk give similar results as Nano keratin ? Does it last long ?

1408136396296.jpg

I did actually look into Kerasilk and did their online training, check out my certificate lol :thumbup:

I couldn't actually find out how to purchase it though, I may be being completely blind but couldn't find anything on the site :confused:

The only difference is that Kerasilk isn't that great on really damaged hair, but they are suppose to be smoothers not conditioning treatments. We still offer nano keratin for over processed hair and Kerasilk for others- it's far more pleasant and a lot of clients stop having the service because of the 72 hour rule. So this solves that.

You can buy it from goldwell if you ring their customer service.

Is it permanent straightening you want to offer clients? Or more of a smoothing treatment? We use Kerastraight,it smoothes the hair and it is left like new! The shine and condition is fab!! Simple process too, no need for mask etc. Its formalyhede free. You wash hair and then blast 90% apply Kerastraight and leave for 30-45mins (depending on desired smoothness) rinse,blowdry &straighten. Done.

Hth:):)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1408230908104.jpg
    1408230908104.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 1408230923984.jpg
    1408230923984.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 146
How long does it last AimeeLouise? Is it just until the next wash? x

Sent from my LG-D802 using SalonGeek mobile app

How long does it last AimeeLouise? Is it just until the next wash? x

Sent from my LG-D802 using SalonGeek mobile app

No it lasts up to 4 months!! It a fab product!! I absolutely love it xx

No it lasts up to 4 months!! It a fab product!! I absolutely love it xx

So you don't wash it out?

So you don't wash it out?

You rinse it from the hair on the day you apply it. After its blowdried and straightened I advise clients to wash it after 24-48 hours to allow the treatment to settle into the hair.

But when the clients washes it themselves at home its left frizz free.

:)

This client was treated half with kerastraight, the other half was her own hair!

She had it done back in march and only now is noticing her hair becoming frizzy again,she got a lot longer than 4 months!! :)

Attachments

• 1409002726532.jpg
    1409002726532.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 110

Latest posts

Back