Has Anyone Tried Lipotrim

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delisnails

Reaction score
I am a few stone overwieght but my hubby is about 6 or 7 and we have been told about lipotrim that you get from your pharmacy, its shakes only and it is based on the cambridge diet. We are thinking of starting it next week but wondered if anyone else had tried it and what they thought.

Any advice would be appreciated

it is probably best that you speak to your doctor before trying to lose a large amoubt of weight, moreso for your hubby... docs will advise the best course of action, mostly it will involve some kind of exercise as weightloss alone often isn't enough when it comes to toning up muscles etc, better to be safe than sorry.
my doctor agreed with my choice when I wanted to go on the Atkins diet, i had his full backing and that made me feel a lot better about embarking on a weightloss programme :hug: good luck xx

ValencianNails said:
it is probably best that you speak to your doctor before trying to lose a large amoubt of weight, moreso for your hubby... docs will advise the best course of action, mostly it will involve some kind of exercise as weightloss alone often isn't enough when it comes to toning up muscles etc, better to be safe than sorry.
my doctor agreed with my choice when I wanted to go on the Atkins diet, i had his full backing and that made me feel a lot better about embarking on a weightloss programme :hug: good luck xx

I agree with Sandi, and would also like to add that I promote healthy eating and exercise all the way! A healthy lifestyle is far better for you and your body than faddy diets and filling your body with pills.

Sandi - I am really shocked your doctor supported the Atkins Diet. I didn't think a medical professional (apart from the one who 'invented' it & has made a killing out of it) would!:eek:

AmydeMan said:
Sandi - I am really shocked your doctor supported the Atkins Diet. I didn't think a medical professional (apart from the one who 'invented' it & has made a killing out of it) would!:eek:
the thing is... if the diet is followed correctly then it is actually very good... most of the critics only focused on the initial 2 weeks which is when you 'shock' your body into burning the ketones and detoxing off carbohydrates and sugars etc etc... after the initial 2 weeks you add 5 gms of carbs to your daily allowance each week up until you reach your plateau when you don't gain or lose anymore weight... that's why my doctor approved it, because he knew the facts and not just what the media have everyone believe :wink2:

ValencianNails said:
the thing is... if the diet is followed correctly then it is actually very good... most of the critics only focused on the initial 2 weeks which is when you 'shock' your body into burning the ketones and detoxing off carbohydrates and sugars etc etc... after the initial 2 weeks you add 5 gms of carbs to your daily allowance each week up until you reach your plateau when you don't gain or lose anymore weight... that's why my doctor approved it, because he knew the facts and not just what the media have everyone believe :wink2:

Ah I see....I suppose I was shocked because I don't agree with cutting out or cutting down any essential food group.

Did it work for you then?:green:

AmydeMan said:
Did it work for you then?:green:
it worked very well for me in more ways than one... as I'm sure it has done for other people who have tried Atkins the 'proper' way.
I suffer from IBS and when I eat too much in the way of bread, pasta, starchy food, potatoes etc I suffer terribly, by cutting out and/or reducing the intake of those foods I found the IBS didn't happen hardly at all.
My weightloss was controlled and very successful, shame I didn't plateau properly or I would still be eating the Atkins way, I came off it altogether from peer pressure and piled the weight back on... :rolleyes:
my own fault entirely :smack:

I have tried the atkins and it did come off but I got fed up and ended up piling it and more back on, but I do agree if done correctly then it does work. I found that most people did it but didnt drink the amount of water required and ended up feeling ill.

As for the lipotrim diet it is one prescribed by doctors and you are monitored by your pharmacist weekly. I know the best way is eating healthy and exercise but I find it easier if I know what I am eating i.e. 3 shakes a day as I dont stray to the biscuit tin or finish one of my childrens meals off. As for my hubby he just loves food, and any kind of food but to give you an example yesterday when we were watching the football he said he wanted italy to win as they make good pizza!!!! he is a lost cause.

We start it tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes

Delisnails said:

Good luck darling! Definitely keep us updated :green:

Sandi - Thanks for sharing! Sounds like it did your IBS the world of good.

Delisnails said:
I have tried the atkins and it did come off but I got fed up and ended up piling it and more back on, but I do agree if done correctly then it does work. I found that most people did it but didnt drink the amount of water required and ended up feeling ill.

As for the lipotrim diet it is one prescribed by doctors and you are monitored by your pharmacist weekly. I know the best way is eating healthy and exercise but I find it easier if I know what I am eating i.e. 3 shakes a day as I dont stray to the biscuit tin or finish one of my childrens meals off. As for my hubby he just loves food, and any kind of food but to give you an example yesterday when we were watching the football he said he wanted italy to win as they make good pizza!!!! he is a lost cause.

Hi hun, I haven't tried or heard of Lipotrim but I do agree that this type of diet def suits some people and not others! I'm doing the Cambridge diet as I'm sure everyone on here knows by now (lol!) and i swear by it. you can't cheat if you know you can only have the shakes and bars and it takes away the thinking about food all day bit cos you dont have to plan meals etc. I've lost 42 lbs in 22 weeks, i've kept it off and feel fab, you go for it!!!

that is amazing, well done, this diet is based on the cambridge diet too, thanks for your support

Delisnails said:
that is amazing, well done, this diet is based on the cambridge diet too, thanks for your support

No probs babe, hope it goes ok - when you fancy eating something just look at it and visualise how good you're gonna look if you DON'T eat it, that'll keep you on track!!! I've been out this week with some birthday money and bought myself a whole wardrobe of size 12 clothes, which sure is a bonus to say i used to be an 18/20!

Latest posts

Back