Has this ever ok to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
I was just wondering whether this is ever acceptable to do: - Instead of soaking off tips and acrylics, it is ever possible to cut them down and buff the free edge thinly, then add a new tip and acrylic? If this isn't possible, why not? I'd appreciate any comments you may have on this. Cheers. Kimmi

I can't see why this would not be acceptable but probably more preferrable would be to trim and thin as you describe then sculpt the length rather than sticking a tip onto your acrylic.

hi kimmi
not really sure why you would want to soak off to reapply a new set or thin and reapply new tip...unless you were having problems with your system ..ie massive lifting ..yellowing of product ...if this is the case i would have a rethink on the procuct you are using .....if i am barking up the wrong tree ...so to speak :rolleyes: and it is because your client wants too add length to her allready applied tip and overlay you can thin down the product as if doing a rebalance and sculpt the extra length you need :biggrin:
btw i would never cut a tip that had l+p allready applied as it may cause tiny hairline cracks that you may not be able to see ...which may cause problems with lifting etc .file the tip down ...with a sharp file it won't take long
icon14.gif

hope this helps
debbie

Hi Kimmi

I think it would be better to file the end thinly and then apply scuptured tip rather than stick a tip on just in case this causes the glue to seal down any germs which could create problems.

I'm not an expert but I often just add scuptured tip if the rest of the nail has no lifting. As long as you carry out all the cleaning techniques this saves a little time and the clients are amazed at how you build them back up. The white tips look exactly the same as white acrylic.

Hope this helps.

Heather
Mobile Nails

Hi Kimmi

I often thin down and sculpt a new white tip when doing repairs it saves havingg to soak the whole thiing off and start again - and yes clients are amazed at the way it's done.

Kimmi Rocks said:
I was just wondering whether this is ever acceptable to do: - Instead of soaking off tips and acrylics, it is ever possible to cut them down and buff the free edge thinly, then add a new tip and acrylic? If this isn't possible, why not? I'd appreciate any comments you may have on this. Cheers. Kimmi
You have to be careful when 'cutting down' tips and make sure your nail clippers don't put pressure on the product to make it crack further below (zone 2)!! Otherwise, you would normally add new white and re-do your smile or sculpt out on a form as Fiona suggested!! I suspect you could apply another tip but after all that, I would think it would be better to go the whole hog, soak off properly and start afresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back