Hate Mail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail_star2003

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this at the mo but I have someone sending me some really nasty messages through my website i.e. I f**king hate your website, Has your boyfriend broken up with you yet cos he's mine etc etc. The fact that I've been married for nearly 7 years shows that this person doesn't know me.

Firstly I had a contact response form emailed to me through my website and then I've had 3 comments left ON my website! The first person left 2 messages and named themselves "Sh*t In That" (how very original!) and the first one was just slagging me off with the comments above and saying that they're going to ruin my life and my website. They're second message was "Sorry bout that, forget those things I said. Happy holidays!!" and then the third one was from a person called "Kate" and she said "I HATE YOUR WEBSITE!!".

So, I'm obviously a boyfriend snatcher and I have a sh*t website apparently! I just wondered if anyone else is getting any of this or if someone really is intent on being horrible to me!!!

well i think your website is very pretty is there any way your can block them? there must be a help line or something?

it is discussting how some people behave just don't let it get you these individuals are very imature don't give them what they want and reach just be professional and deleted these messages and get on with what you do best

HTH BIG :hug:

How awful. I think you should ring the police and see if there's anything they can do ?

Thanks girls. :hug:

I have deleted these messages and also removed the ratings and comments box from my website so nothing will be showing up on there again but it has left me quite worried as it has my phone numbers and my address on there.

Obviously, I can't remove them as that defeats the whole reason of having a website and I do get a lot of clients from it but it is quite concerning. What makes me laugh is that they don't like my website but take the time out to tell me!! :lol: They obviously havent got anything else better to do with their time - losers! But I do wish I could give them a slap :smack: :lol:

they want a reaction from you so don't give it to them concertrate on your business and just think 'i don't have time for these people' as you said yourself they clearly haven't got anything better to do but hey on the brighter side the more they look at your webpage the better hey chic lol as you'll be at the top of the list when someone is looking for a nail tech in your area....thanks to them!!!! lol:lol:

Unfortunately, there are some very sad and horrid people out there. It may just be a one off. If it does continue thou, I would remove your full address from your website...maybe, just mention the road.:hug:

You know,there are some very sad people out there,some are just plain downright jealous and will do anything to ruin your happy thoughts etc.

Dont let these people get to you,I know it's easier said than done but totally ignore and they will soon get fed up.

I havn't seen your website but Im sure it's lovely:hug:

that is shocking kelly - poor you - you certainly dont deserve that - heres a :hug: sweetpea

I have removed my full address from my website and just put "Located in Aveley, Essex". That way, if anyone is interested and wants to book an appt they've got to call me anyway!

I know my website isn't the best but considering I've done it all myself and I've had no website design training or got a professional company to do it, I think it looks pretty ok!! Mind you, I'm probably biased!!

isn't there something called an 'electronic trail'? Meaning that whatever you muck about with on your pc (from re-watching Daniel Craig wearing Speedos:wink2: again and again and again...) to making payments etc, there will be a trace somewhere, messages i believe are stored on the server for a period of time and i would think that the police should/will have the authority to confiscate that information? If it is out there in a public domain they should have the technology to find out who and what and deal with them appropriately?

Give them a ring and see what they say? No harm in trying and at least you will feel you are doing something!

Had a look by the way and your site looks fab!!!!
Take care hun!!!!:hug:

Christel

I doubt for one minute it is anything personal...or even to do with your website...
more than likely bored kids/adults with no brains...etc...

It's the modern version of knock-a-door-run.... just idiots who don't derserve the time of day...

You have done the best thing in making changes to your website IMO... don't take it personally though....the daft twits don't deserve a second thought...stand talll and be proud of your website!!!! :lol:

:hug: xxxxx

Some people are just morons and do things like that for a 'laugh'. :eek: They've obviously got nothing better to do with their time.

You, however, have a very successful business, a happy marriage and a damn good website. Who's having the last laugh now?

You can report them to the internet police and they should be able to track them through their IP address.

If you were getting rude and obscene phone calls, what would you do - I suggest you treat these the same way.

I am sorry that this is happening to you.

There's nothing wrong with your site and they're probably jealous because you're so pretty.............DAMN IT !! That's why I don't get hate mail. And there's me thinking it was because they were too frightened of me LOL.

I've noticed that on here recently that there's a new geek who has been picking on a coulple of threads to stir up trouble. Nothing that we can't handle as they've got nothing intelligent to say and all they do is copy and paste links to other sites or quote other people. So, I checked their profile and it would appear that they are not in salon work so my guess is that they just troll any sites with a community/forum or maybe Google a subject to zoom in on. I can't think of what else would take them to any one particular site. So my point is............please don't take it personally. They may even be from another country (Happy Holidays isn't a UK term) so not local to where you live and they sounds like kids to me.

xxx

Oh hun, how stupid can some people be.
Get it reported, or post something on your site about it. They need to get a life. :hug:

People like this pee me off big time. I agree with others that it's probably nothing personal, just a saddo with too much time on their hands. I have had a saddo like this recently who keeps calling my mobile :irked: Don't let them get you down this is what they want.

Your website is fantastic hun :hug:

Well, considering the police can track who posted the messages, I don't think they've got more than 2 brain cells to rub together if they think they won't get caught. My guess is that it is more likely to be kids being stupid rather than adults being malicious. But if it continues definately get the police involved. At least they can scare whoever it is off.

I have removed my full address from my website and just put "Located in Aveley, Essex". That way, if anyone is interested and wants to book an appt they've got to call me anyway!

I know my website isn't the best but considering I've done it all myself and I've had no website design training or got a professional company to do it, I think it looks pretty ok!! Mind you, I'm probably biased!!
your website hun is briiliant...take no notice of these imature t**ts....dont you let them get you down...your better than them
You can report them to the internet police and they should be able to track them through their IP address.

If you were getting rude and obscene phone calls, what would you do - I suggest you treat these the same way.

I am sorry that this is happening to you.

i totally agree with natural nails.....report it so you can have the last laugh...they wont know its you cos , they are doing to to others....so then you might feel better hun.....ignore people like this...they just are NOT worth the worry .......:hug:here is a hug anyway xxxx

I think your website is lovely! Whatever you decide to do about these people, dont let them get you down and start critisising yourself and your abilities! :hug:
Marion x

First: most definately, you should report it.

Second: in all likelihood, it's a couple of teenage fools, with nothing better to do than to go trolling. One said to the other "hey, she's cute" and decided to harass for fun. Immature #$%^&, their parents oughta revoke pc-priveledges.

Anyhow, don't take it to heart, and chalk it up as immature foolishness.

Giant :hug:

Latest posts

Back