Have a guess what my local NSS are up to now!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ladybgemini said:
They would probably say that it was meant to look like that and offer to stick it back on with acrylic!!!!

LOL , :lol: I think the nss will be a thing of the past, its just a matter of time!:rolleyes:

hugs xx

I very much doubt there will be a huge take up on eyebrow waxing in a salon like that (is it worthy of such a name) I know people dont mind getting cut in the name of nail extensions but Im sure after what they have been through (and Im pretty sure they really dont like the pain associated with their treatments) they will defnitely NOT have those same people anywhere near their faces...
if they are quick quick quick with nails imagine them loose on your eyebrows

Environmental health are **** hot on these things and Im sure these are the types of places give them great cause for concern and probably pay them regular visits...c'mon look what they are like with us health concerned professionals and we are ****ting ourselves every time we hear the name incase we are doing something wrong.

pazzy said:
I very much doubt there will be a huge take up on eyebrow waxing in a salon like that (is it worthy of such a name) I know people dont mind getting cut in the name of nail extensions but Im sure after what they have been through (and Im pretty sure they really dont like the pain associated with their treatments) they will defnitely NOT have those same people anywhere near their faces...
if they are quick quick quick with nails imagine them loose on your eyebrows
Its a frightening thought to think these type of techs are moving onto to beauty, though given the current market conditions, not surprising.
Maybe in the longer term this will be a good thing, if it means that their poor hygiene practices are exposed in beauty treatments then the public might just begin to believe that when we advise against using such salons for nails, that we're doing so for the benefit of their health and not just scaremongering them because our 'competition' are cheaper.
FC ... if youre sure that salon really was using an open blade on some-one's feet then you must report it to the Environmental Health. I suppose the person in question could have Chiropody training but I seriously doubt it!

Glorsclaws said:
FC ... if youre sure that salon really was using an open blade on some-one's feet then you must report it to the Environmental Health. I suppose the person in question could have Chiropody training but I seriously doubt it!

I am 100% sure, as I was standing there for about 2mins with my mouth hanging open! lol!

I will get on to the council..... I want to do something about this.....nothing is stopping me I suppose!

Would they ask if I have actually been in there for a treatment?? As I havent Im afraid they will say Im talking rubbish? x

If they do you could say you were enquiring into treatments but changed your mind when you got in there.

I have just removed nails for a client who went to an NSS yesterday, she was so upset with how her nails looked that she ddnt go out last night and cancelled a meeting this morning so I could remove their work.
I was nearly sick when she told me this.
The man used his finger nail to push back her cuticle. She said that he did it on all 10 fingers and that the nail he used was much longer than all his other nails. She honestly believes he grew his little nail so he could use it as a cuticle pusher!:eek:

couper said:
I have just removed nails for a client who went to an NSS yesterday, she was so upset with how her nails looked that she ddnt go out last night and cancelled a meeting this morning so I could remove their work.
I was narly sick when she told me this.
The man used his finger nail to push back her cuticle. She said that he did it on all 10 fingers and that the nail he used was much longer than all his other nails. She honestly believes he grew his little nail so he could use it as a cuticle pusher!:eek:

I noticed this too! Alot of the men had their thumb nails longer then the others!!!

I only noticed so much as when I went in there so many things caught my eye that I just had a good old nosey round! I'm a bit blatant me! lol!

Will call the council right now actually - I'll update with my findings! x

I was told recently that they were doing the unique process of cuticle pushing with the long queer nail thing (yak) and when there was some loose cuticle they just tore it away...it bled - wot a surprise...yet they still go back!!! whats that all about?

fificharlie said:
I would love to report them but dont really have a clue about how to do it!!!
Its really really bad in there, and I would think that the authorities really MUST have something to say about this!!

"Appearances can be deceiving....the one nearby is quite trendy looking on the outside. "A new American style nail bar" an insult to most American techs out there."

Funny that - the one here has the word "American" in the name too! x

What about the health and safety department at the council surely this is a health issue, I mean the wax is contaminated with all kinds of stuff. er yuck

der why do I never read to the end lol

couper said:
I was narly sick when she told me this.

That is sooooooo grosss!

hi geeks i don't mean to sound thick but what nss mean?never heard of it before but i know the sort of salons your on about we have one here and they have no labels on their products and wear masks and also use electirc files(very babdly i might add).xx

Hi geeks!

Have contacted my local Health and saftey dep, not only about getting my new salon registered, but to talk about the NSS too!

I was so impressed with the bloke on the phone, he really knew his stuff re sanitation, diseases, cross contamination etc etc! He also thanked me for wanting to open up 'properly'!!! Bless him! And will be coming to inspect my property as soon as I get the keys!

He said the reason they are allowed to stay open is due to techs not needing a License to work in any borough outside of london, Luton just misses it.

Even though I will not be needing a license, I will get a Health and Safety Certificate from the council to display to say I carry out procedures safely!!!! Well happy about that, just one more thing that my clients will notice that is different to the NSS!!!!

He also said there had been many complaints about this nail bar and the other NSS in the town, and they are trying their best to do something about it. One step in the right direction I suppose!!! xxx

We have about 2 of those shops u described every three blocks in Chicago. No matter what neighborhood your in they are all the same. I can't beleive people go into them and get services!!!! A family member of mine reported one of the shops and nothing was done because there are not enough people to go and check on all of these horrible infested shops. Hopefully with all the horror stories that are out there, people will begin to KNOW what to look and ask for. Think about this, the girl who was getting here pedicure done with a butter knife, shouldn't she had known better? I mean isn't it common sense to look at a nail salon before getting services done? These are your nails, they are part of your body! These have to be the same people who get botox in the back of a pick up truck.

Latest posts

Back