Have I Defected???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Dear Geeks -

The answer is NO! :Love: I have just been so incredibly busy. Normally when I get home, I log on after H&D have gone to bed; lately I have been too tired to even do that. Firstly, I don't expect you all to answer this thread, I just wanted you all to know what I have been up to and to send you all my love and apologise for not frequenting the best damn website for nail teks in the whole world!

So, what's new?? Since November (crikey has it been that long???:confused: ), we have been watching with fascination as MarianNewmanNails@CharlesWorthington grows and prospers under the great team that is ever present there including a fab piece in January Vogue showcasing the Custom Colour Blended Powders from CND! Speaking of... we have trade marked the name 'Custom Colour Blending' so that it is ours and we can continue to talk about and use it without all and sundry copying :( !!

Not only that, it appears that Marian and the team seem to be the latest edition to Vogue House as the in-house nail team which is wonderful. We had a Planning Meeting in which we invited Gigi (Geeg) back from Spain to participate! It is worth remembering that both Geeg and GMG think like nail teks and are constantly thinking about what we can do to make things better for our YOU our customers, in that area. We have many things up our sleeve but ON-LINE ORDERING is at number 1 pole position. It is something we are almost geared up for but with the new computer system being installed (so far this has taken 9 months :Scared: ) - we won't see on-line benefits until probably June but we aim to get things into place ASAP. As far as the points system is concerned, we looked at the 'what do you want' thread and discussed what many of you had to say so thank you all who responded to that thread. I will be able to give you more info later on that.

In the PR department, we have been working our butts off to complete Update for Jan/Feb and also to make sure the trade Mags have everything they need up until March 06! We have done a live photo shoot for Grazia Magazine last Saturday using Creative and Anthony Braden Cosmetics (ABC) which was a brilliant experience and showcased ABC to the consumer media for the first time; we have also won 2 awards in an A rated consumer mag which will showcase these awards in March. I can't say who or what and even if you guess I have to keep my trap shut :o but needless to say, I am extremely proud!

Today I took on a new member of the PR team who will be starting towards the end of January 06; her name is Leanne and she will be responsible for Consumer PR along with me, whilst Dannii will be taking more care of Trade (along with me :D ). Leanne comes from a Fashion background and is exactly what I was looking for when it comes to 'talking' to the consumer press so I am pretty excited about it.

In January (18th - 28th) Sam and I will be flying to Costa Rica for the CND Global Conference where we can highlight board requests and hear what CND have to say for 2006/07 - we are both looking forward to this and to coming back and filling you all in on the 'scoop' :hug: !

I would like to congratulate Sparkle Pink (Jess), NaturalNails (Fiona) and Annalisa Phillips for their nominations and wins (Annalisa) for Tek of the Year with Pro Nails... all are wonderful industry Ambassadors; also as I am a judge for Nail Salon of the Year for 06 - I also wish all nominees luck although the names won't be announced until January!

I would also like to say a huge thumbs up to Serena who has appeared in Pro Nails a number of times for her endless and amazing volunteering work with young mums et al who don't have much in the way of anything, to become pro teks; without Serena's work - and she has put in countless hours to help many - these girls would have nothing; she should be absolutely applauded for her work. :hug:

I think our very own Leighton Denny should also be applauded for his tenacity during 2005; the man hasn't stopped and now boasts another LD Salon in Horsforth Leeds. His enamel collection is gorgeous looking and he is blazing his usual trail through the consumer mags so congratulations and well done Leighton - you deserve everything you get sweetheart!:hug:

Finally (you must all be board to death by now:o ) - although my husband doesn't appear to be on-line much of the time, HE IS! He has been incredibly busy writing code so that this site can continue to blaze it's own trail - imagine writing over 10,000 (yes that is ten thousand) lines of code?? :Scared: yes imagine - long hard work and often a thankless task because most of us mere mortals just don't have brains that work that way!! Personally I think he is from another planet :biggrin: ! I don't write this to get responses from you all thanking him - not at all; it is more to allow you to understand that being a major part of running a company, doing this and having a family takes commitment - just like you all do yourselves... so when we are absent... it is not because we have thrown in the towel or because we don't care... it's just that other things get in the way and there is just not enough time in the day!

You are all in my heart (you all know who you are) and thank God for Ruth Fordham (she should be receiving a fun pressie soon from Sam and I as a thank you for all her hard work in helping moderate this site) and thank you to Geeg aka Gigi aka Mum who also spends every extra hour sorting Nail Geek issues.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish you love, prosperity, warmth, hugs, great clients, smart thinking and a fantastic 2006 - the year of change and progression - the year of trying something new; the year of pushing yourself out of the comfort-zone and 'going-for-it' - whoever you are, where ever you are and whatever system you use.

Love and Creative Wishes
Samantha Sweet aka 'The Mrs' :hug:

awwwwwwwww what a speech.............exciting times ahead me thinks !!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you Sam and the boys have a fabarooney Christmas....and prosperous new year:)

amb x:hug:

Thanks for the congrats hunnio :hug:

it sounds like you and Sam have been v busy bees!

i hope you all have a fab crimbo and the new year is just round the corner.... roll on 2006! :cool:

Jess
xox

God Missy how long did it take you to type all that out!? lol

Glad you've been keeping busy, make sure you have a nice relaxing christmas hun xxxxxxxx

Just brought a tear to my eye Sam.I'm sure everyone can apperciate how busy you are and hope you realise how much it all means to us when we see you are on.Its great to have such fantastic industry idols on this site...have to say especially Gigi.

Its also really interesting reading what you've been up to.....MARKETING KIT!!!???? hint hint!!!????Lol!!!

There are times when i,as a mobile nail tech and single mum of a 4 year old trying to open her own salon,just want to come online and have a little read.Its surprising how much energy it takes to type.

Keep well and a merry christmas to the Sweets!!!

Well you have been busy little bee's not that we thought otherwise, nice to hear of great things happening in the future and look forward to that. We all appreciate everything you all do for us Sam yourself, Ruth and Gigi and i wish you all a vey Happy christmas and prosperous new year.
mwah
x

Thank you all and again and although I always appreciate your words and thoughts, my thread wasn't to provoke tonnes of thank you's - just more to keep you all updated.

Lousie sweetheart... the marketing kit should also be ready for January.... hope that helps :hug:

Scatty - you are in Update - I have righted my wrong (although it was there:Grope: so not sure who's wrong it was) but updated the GMEX info for both you and Lien Thai Deng!!

Also had another thought.... Geek Ball. Kimmi and I are meeting next year - date is booked so watch out for info!:hug: Oh and read my latest input in my journal... poor Dexter - :o :o :o what have Sam and I created??? :Scared:

Scatty - you are in Update - I have righted my wrong (although it was there:Grope: so not sure who's wrong it was) but updated the GMEX info for both you and Lien Thai Deng!!

Also had another thought.... Geek Ball. Kimmi and I are meeting next year - date is booked so watch out for info!:hug: Oh and read my latest input in my journal... poor Dexter - :o :o :o what have Sam and I created??? :Scared:

ooohhhh forgot about that thank you Samantha and look forward to hearing about the geek ball

Mrs Geek said:
Oh and read my latest input in my journal... poor Dexter - :o :o :o what have Sam and I created??? :Scared:
hehe a kung-fu expert in the making by the sounds of it :D they keep us on our toes eh? lol

Hope you all have a fab xmas :hug: xxx

WOW samantha you have been busy, where do you find all the time for it :eek:

Hope you, sam and kids have a wonderful xmas and happy new year :hug:

phewww samantha you have been so busy.
your such an ambasador for our industry and i know how much hard work and graft yourself and sam put into the industry and this site.
merry christmas to you, sam and haydon and dexter...xxxxxxxx

Lol at Samantha hey that long post made up for you not posting for a while :hug: Nice to see ya back babes xxxxxxxx

Lovely to see you back especially with such an informative postxxx

I also forgot to mention our wonderful Paula Rew. There was a great article in Scratch on her and Paula - I hear you!!!! :hug:

The end bit of your post is very motivating! Thanks! :)

That speech was fab an such an inspiration to those at the starting end of the scale like me! :D

Well done on all your hard work and I hope you have a smashing but relaxing Christmas.

All the best for 2006!

Samantha - what a fantastic year - you have been fantastic, going from strength to strength and raising the awareness of nails within the industry is awesome.

Here's to 2006!!

Cathyxx

Hi Sam,

Would it be possible to give us a list of all the Magazines that will have articles in about Creative like you did last year ? It was really useful !!

River

Hi All - Hannah, Rachel thank you for your kind words and Cathy thank you for your support - you and Ros are wonderful!

River, I can tell you we will be in March Instyle, Jan Vogue (out now) Jan/Feb (can't remember which but think Feb) Harpers with Solar Balm - Sunday Mag with Negligee and Hot Pop Blue Feb 13th... that's off the top of my head. I will continue to keep you posted when I can - also, we will be in Grazia coming up but I am not sure which... it is a wicked weekly and worth getting anyway (even if it is to try and the win the bag on the back page) :rolleyes: !!!

Thank you all again and if I am an inspiration to you, believe me, that is exactly what you all are to me... here's to 2006!! :Love: :Love: :Love:

Forever you will be Eva Peron.....the voice of the nail technicians. Thank you Samantha for everything that you do for our Industry. Take time out to relax and enjoy the holidays cos 2006 is gonna be one hell of a busy year doll. Bright blessings to you.xx
D.x

Latest posts

Back