Have I improved? Most Recent Stuff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Howdy geeks!

I'm looking for some very constructive critques, so fire away.
Let me know what you think of my most recent stuff.

BlueFrenchYellowFlowers.jpg

KellyAutumnApples.jpg

MelanieWhiteScallopedFRblkflowers.jpg

MelanieCopperFRSunflower.jpg

SharonPurpleWhitediagonalwebbedfren.jpg

MelaniePinkBlueGltrFrench.jpg

Some great work Victoria looking really good. The only thing I noticed was in pic 1 the nail beds looked very pale. Could be to do with the tip colour, just wondered what you used?

Lovely work, Victoria.

i think they look fab love the designs well done :green:

Yes I would say you have Victoria.
Just watch your application near the sidewalls and a couple look like they need to be filed a little more...do you use your white tiger to start by filing the lower arch straight out from the nail groove? Also do you bevel after you have done your contour filing with a grey wolf?
You are going great guns with the EzFlow I can see a great improvement hun x

I think they look really good, I like the length, the colours and your art work is brilliant, you look like you have improved a lot. I think you are really talented with regards to the creative side especially. I remember looking at some of the pictures you posted about a year ago roughly and I can certainly see an improvement, no doubt about it.

Very good, love. I can tell that you are really throwing yourself into this. Congratulations, it is paying off ;)

Love the first and last pics, but then I am a glittery person lol.

kepp up the good work and keep the pics coming xx

Thanks everyone!!!:green:

I didn't use any colour for the nail beds. They are all NNO's, and so the "colour" is the client's natural nail bed colour. Mind you, could be the lighting from the pics?

For my files, I use Zebras: 100/180's, and a 240 for finishing up. Umm bevelling with a grey wolf? Not sure I understand :o Another reason why I'm off to take another course as soon as budget allows. I'm planning on the 'beginners' course for Acrylics, so that I can relearn all the basics and brush up on any bad techniques I've acquired or learn new ones.

I am loving EZ Flow! Getting awesome performance with it. About zero lift on my clients, except for the heavy-handed ones that are naughty (and they know they're naughty LOL). I find it easier to work with, and have less filing to do because I can control the placement better. It's funny, in the beginning, I was like "OMG this is sooo thick yuck! I can't work with this"
BUT NOW.. I'm never going back to the slippy thin runny stuff. NO THANKS lol

thanks again!!!

Thanks everyone!!!:green:

I didn't use any colour for the nail beds. They are all NNO's, and so the "colour" is the client's natural nail bed colour. Mind you, could be the lighting from the pics?

For my files, I use Zebras: 100/180's, and a 240 for finishing up. Umm bevelling with a grey wolf? Not sure I understand :o Another reason why I'm off to take another course as soon as budget allows. I'm planning on the 'beginners' course for Acrylics, so that I can relearn all the basics and brush up on any bad techniques I've acquired or learn new ones.

I am loving EZ Flow! Getting awesome performance with it. About zero lift on my clients, except for the heavy-handed ones that are naughty (and they know they're naughty LOL). I find it easier to work with, and have less filing to do because I can control the placement better. It's funny, in the beginning, I was like "OMG this is sooo thick yuck! I can't work with this"
BUT NOW.. I'm never going back to the slippy thin runny stuff. NO THANKS lol

thanks again!!!

No worries hun...I'll PM you about bevelling etc so you can practice before you do your next course. (It may be next week but promise)
You are doing really well and I forgot to say the nail art is lovely..you know I'm a big fan of all kinds of art and you are DEFINATELY coming out of your comfort zone and moving on to bigger things.
You have to start doing some design work...with acrylic of course...you would totally love it x

These are beautiful you are doing great work. As far as critques nothing that has already been said. Love the first and last color on f/e what are they? Nail art is great were those apples?

Some lovely nail art there Victoria ... well done :hug:

V, I like the 1st one best, I'd sport these :) shame your not closer, it would make a change from my usual red :lol:

I also like the colour on the last one, was it a mix of two glitters?

Umm ok, trying to remember to comment on all that was said LOL

btw THANKS AGAIN everyone!!

Ok, yes, those were apples. For autumn? I used a dotter to 'start' the apples to get the general shape, then used a miniature stencil brush (smaller than the pink eraser on the end of a pencil) like these
madisonartshop_1968_174691605
to texture on some yellow onto the apple, to make it more realistic.

As for the colours of the F/E, I don't use creative or anything like that. I have a collection of Nailite polishes, and a few pharmacy brands of colours that jumped out and caught my eye. (although I do have creative Voodoo and love it lol)

And yes, I mixed two glitters: a navy blue and a hot dark pink. They aren't a name brand glitter. They're from my dollar store :lol:

I'm absolutely DYING to do acrylic. Tried some on my own but got so darned frustrated, near threw it all out the window. :lol:
Can't wait to do my course.... one day... sooner than later, I hope.
And looking forward to the email Judy. I know what bevel means, just not sure what you meant, if that makes sense? :lol:

Your nails are in a whole different league to what they used to be.

Beautiful work.

Your nails are in a whole different league to what they used to be.

Beautiful work.

that's an awesome compliment!!
Thanks so much!!!:hug:

Wonderful work Victoria, they are all beautiful!

Looking good Victoria,

You have certainly come on a lot. I remember looking at some of your work a good while ago, I always love your originality, but the shape was sometimes out on the sidewalls, a bit wide sometimes, and the funny thing is, mine were the same I have only recently got the knack of the straighter sidewalls.

I love the fe glitter on the last one, love the marbelling - I'm useless at that!
Loved the nail art & your originality is still tops!

I love my L&P and I always assumed it was more versatile than gel, but by looking at your pics, I can see I must be wrong there!

Keep up the good work:hug::hug:xxx

Latest posts

Back