Have I over-reacted?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautygirl07

Reaction score
Hi, girls and guys!

Something happened today and it's really playing on my mind. Have i reacted the wrong way?
I was in the salon today working along my other 3 therapists. A lady has come in and could hear her tailing with one of the therapists while i was doing nails at the front. She pointed towards me talking in low voice, then the lady took a seat looking straight at me while waiting. I finished my nails and cashed off my client when my therapists took me at the back to quickly brief my on the lady waiting.
She had a full leg and hollywood the day before, she's really unhappy and wants to talk with me. I went back at the front and introduced myself, invited her in the room. To cut a long story short, she said it was her first time she came to us, she thought the waxing was brutal, is covered in bruises, there are patches of hair left, the hot wax left her covered in strings, she was out in 30minutes, all in one, it was dreadful.

I was mortified. The therapist is new, only started a month ago with us but she has done my waxing this week and was amazing so i couldn't understand what happened. I asked if I could have a look? She said she doesn't have time. I said i would give her a voucher for the money she spent on the waxing and as i felt so horrified, I included another voucher for a back massage. I went back to her to give her the vouchers when she said that she does have time, she checked with her partner etc.

I got her in the room. I was gobsmacked when i saw her. The bruises were 2 10p size bruises on one leg each. They were not waxing bruises, i have been waxing for 15 years and that's not what it looks like. The patches missed were 2 small areas of blond hair that i really struggle to find - i just about saw it when she pointed out.

I feel like a complete fool for not insisting n checking before offering her the vouchers.
I don't think it was bad and certainly i should not reacted the way i did.
What would you have done?

I would not have given her anything unless she showed me what was wrong...
She walked into your shop yeah right she didn't have time to show you what's good!!
Why didn't she just call you if she had no time
Make no sense to me why she came into you and wouldn't show you.

She's not on any blood thinning medication is she as this can cause bruising to be more severe than normal?

Latest posts

Back