Have so many ideas but so worried

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ammej85

Reaction score
OK so I took a beauty room on in October, so far just had a couple of clients and have only actually been there doing clients once.

It's rented on daily basis until I build up enough to rent weekly. But as I have only been in once doing treatments I have only paid a day's rent and the original deposit.

I have literally 3 clients booked in from now til 2nd Jan, all from Living Social with another 20 ish remaining to book.

I have posted another thread about offering more treatments as about to receive some money, the main one being Shellac.

But I'm starting to worry I'm just never going to get people in. I worry the days I have the deal clients booked in I will be paying XX rent for that day but making nothing back.

I'm going to be printing some leaflets this week and me and the boyfriend will be dropping round the local area, also there is a big supermarket nearby and someone who I work with at my day job is friends with someone there and they will pop a poster up in the staffroom for me.

I'm just worried it's 'too little too late' and worried that the salon owner (hair salon) will eventually be like 'what's going on, you need to get clients, you haven't paid rent for xx weeks' etc etc.

I feel really confident about Shellac and getting that in, but waiting on this money to come which might be a while.

Thinking of doing another offer with KGB or Groupon, just to get some feet through the door and hopefully upsell. One lady who is coming for a manicure did want an eyebrow tint too but she can't get in for a patch test before her appointment.

I'm wondering if maybe one Saturday I should spend the day offering free mini treatments to the hair clients? The main stylist/owner seems to be fully booked esp on a saturday, maybe offer them a free hand/foot massage or a parraffin treatment etc?

I just feel so split because half of me is still really geared up to go for it and push to make this happen. The other part of me is thinking 'I'm not getting clients, there's too much competition near me, I don't offer enough treatments, I'm going to end up in debt paying for room rent if I only get 1 or 2 clients in for a day' and thinking I should just cut my losses.

Do you think I should give it untill I get Shellac in and see how that takes off? Would you consider another deal if you were in this position? Will leafleting be worth it and how many would you print off for a day's flyering? Any other tips? (Habe looked through the Promote Your Business thread and have done most of them except the emailing schools etc)

Any help/advice/similar experiences would be great thank you x (and sorry for the essay!)

OK so I took a beauty room on in October, so far just had a couple of clients and have only actually been there doing clients once.

It's rented on daily basis until I build up enough to rent weekly. But as I have only been in once doing treatments I have only paid a day's rent and the original deposit.

I have literally 3 clients booked in from now til 2nd Jan, all from Living Social with another 20 ish remaining to book.

I have posted another thread about offering more treatments as about to receive some money, the main one being Shellac.

But I'm starting to worry I'm just never going to get people in. I worry the days I have the deal clients booked in I will be paying XX rent for that day but making nothing back.

I'm going to be printing some leaflets this week and me and the boyfriend will be dropping round the local area, also there is a big supermarket nearby and someone who I work with at my day job is friends with someone there and they will pop a poster up in the staffroom for me.

I'm just worried it's 'too little too late' and worried that the salon owner (hair salon) will eventually be like 'what's going on, you need to get clients, you haven't paid rent for xx weeks' etc etc.

I feel really confident about Shellac and getting that in, but waiting on this money to come which might be a while.

Thinking of doing another offer with KGB or Groupon, just to get some feet through the door and hopefully upsell. One lady who is coming for a manicure did want an eyebrow tint too but she can't get in for a patch test before her appointment.

I'm wondering if maybe one Saturday I should spend the day offering free mini treatments to the hair clients? The main stylist/owner seems to be fully booked esp on a saturday, maybe offer them a free hand/foot massage or a parraffin treatment etc?

I just feel so split because half of me is still really geared up to go for it and push to make this happen. The other part of me is thinking 'I'm not getting clients, there's too much competition near me, I don't offer enough treatments, I'm going to end up in debt paying for room rent if I only get 1 or 2 clients in for a day' and thinking I should just cut my losses.

Do you think I should give it untill I get Shellac in and see how that takes off? Would you consider another deal if you were in this position? Will leafleting be worth it and how many would you print off for a day's flyering? Any other tips? (Habe looked through the Promote Your Business thread and have done most of them except the emailing schools etc)

Any help/advice/similar experiences would be great thank you x (and sorry for the essay!)

Absolutely don't do another deal till the other one has paid for itself, everyone that brought a voucher can you contact them and say whilst your in having your treatment is their anything else you'd like to book in for as I'm offering a discount of XX if you add onto your treatment that day, then give them a voucher when they come in for the next time, if you get a client through the doors 3 times they will normally stick with you. I'm in this situation but I'm a hairdresser and I pay rent even if I've got no one!

Hi,

I would get leaflet dropping :) and putting maybe a 10% dscount upon production of the leaflet, maybe do a package ideal for xmas parties, or a pamper gift package.

Ask the hairdresser if u can advertise these offers (cheeky but if u don't ask) on the mirrors that her clients sit in front of :)

Get on some free advertising websites so if people google ur services and the salons areas you come up!

Go to shopping centre carparks and put lealets on cars, offer the staff in ur salon a good discount - so they may well say to their clients "ooh I had x with our beautician, it was relaxing etc"

Don't give up, you haven't been there long- people just need to know ur there and what u do :) xx

Once a week week somebody from my salon hands out leaflets at our local station in the morning to get the workers coming in, we staple a sweet or mints onto the flyers which makes people take them. that way they will have a quick look and see our 10% discount when they bring the leaflet hth

hi hun

how about doing a launch day? Could you pick the busiest day at the hairdressers and invite clients in before or after their hair appointment. You could demo what you offer, introduce them to shellac saying its coming soon, provide cupcakes and drinks, perform samples of treatments ie hand and arm massage. You could widen your invites to friends, family, Facebook, write it on your leaflets. Ok so you won't make money that day as such but could give you bookings in the future, let people know you're there and people get to meet you too and see your enthusiasm and passion. On the day rope a friend in to help out and stand outside the shop to draw people in. Ask the hairdressers if you can put posters up on a regular ongoing basis as well as for your launch day. Wear your work and get the stylists to wear yours too.

Good luck hun x

Latest posts

Back