Have things changed or just poor service?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajikalFairy

Reaction score
I don't get my nails done often, but last night I believe I got the worst acrylic application and service in my life. I went to a salon recommended by my husband's aunt. This is a recount of my experience:

She started by clipping my all ready short nails to nubs stating that the acrylic would lift off if she didn't. (First time I had that done) Then used a powered drill to file the top and started sizing for tips. She only sized one finger and assumed the opposite would be the same. She asked how long i wanted them, I barely got the word "medium" out of my mouth and she had all ready started clipping and shaping. They turned out a little shorter than I wanted but I can live with that. She went straight into applying acrylic. She didn't get rid of the dust, blend the tip nor apply primer. Her application was rather messy and uneven. She completely missed the side of a pinky and there is a divot on my thumb tip. She then used the powered drill file over the tops and under the tip before hand filing to shape. I went to wash my hands and compared my nails side by side, something more she did not do. They were different lengths and shapes, shown lots of little bubbles, and were cloudy not as clear/shiny as expected. She then offered a clear polish or a clear pink polish. I pointed at a color on the shelf and asked if the gray would be okay. She claimed she offered the clear because people don't want to hide their new nails. Though I would normally agree with her, I wanted to hide these eyesores. She sighed and let me pick out this cute concrete gray and began painting. By this time she was in a full blown conversation with a coworker about a TV show and every time she would look up she would either run her hands into my nails or get so distracted it was like she forgot that I was there. She slapped a top coat on, got up from the table set down a fan and said 10 minutes should be fine before walking away. Okay. 10 minutes pass and she is still talking to coworker. I tap nails and they are dry to touch so stand to get my coat/purse. She walked over and grabbed my hand. "Are they dry?" And jammed her fingers into the Polish hard enough to dent it. I just wanted to leave. I paid her fees but did not tip which I felt bad for.

Unfortunately I am horrible at speaking up for myself so really did not say anything. Have things changed so much in the past 3 years since I last got my nails done that procedure has changed? I did not think to take pictures. I have all ready filed/shaped and repainted. They look better but am still disappointed. I just wanted some feedback from people who know what they are doing since I do not. :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using SalonGeek mobile app

Are you a nail tech or training to be one? If not I think you have to post in consumer queries part!
Though I will add that your account if what happened doesn't sound very professional.

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

I thought I did post in consumer queries. .. I clicked the nails bracket since it pertained to that subject... did it move it to the wrong forum by doing that? Sorry how do I get it moved?

This is in Consumer Queries.

OMg sorry I am having a stupid day!! You have posted in the correct place I had clicked in the wrong thing!!

It is okay. I suppose all I can do is not go back there. I know I will not be recommending their services if I am asked.

I just wanted a second opinion because I still felt guilty for not tipping.

If your not happy with the service then why should you tip? I wasn't there but from your account of what happened she was unprofessional and you were not happy with the work! As you have already filed etc you can't go back in and show them! But you could always go back and speak to the manager! Tell them your account of what happened. At the very least the feedback will help them develop their business and you have freedom of choice whether to return there. From personal experience I do not return somewhere I have not been happy with unless I have had previous good experiences with other members of staff.

Wow that's terrible!! You shouldn't go back there. Also electric drills should not be used on the natural nail EVER! They can be used over the acrylic but never before the acrylic application.
Sounds like she really just didn't care about the service she was giving, so sad!

Latest posts

Back