Have u done level 3 NVQ

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Hi I just wondered how many of my fellow geeks have done or are doing level 3 (Unit19)

...or do you plan to just do more one 2 ones with your current manufacturer?

or do you plan to do both?

Love to know your preference

Hi Louise,

I am currently working towards my NVQ Unit 19. I have also done a Creative Conversion recently, with the Rebalancing day at the end of the month. Since Creative is recognised in my local area more than NVQ, I will be doing further Creative courses, hopefully to become a Creative Master Technician one day. I am hoping that both qualifications will open as many doors for me as possible.

As I've said before, it is obviously different for those experienced geeks who have already established themselves within the industry. For new geeks like me, it is all so confusing. But in saying that, I need as much training and advice as I can get so I find it is all complimentary to my goals.

Have one more assessment to do (tuesday 22 june) for me NVQ, then I have finished it (I hope).

Have done VTCT courses in manicure and advanced nail techniques, Nailtiques, airbrushed nail/body art with Melle - All Things Nails, Snailart by Grafton, E-file course with NSI, Creative L&P conversion course, Creative Spaman/Spaped day, Creative Master classes including qualification day, Brisa conversion as well.

Have got fabric conversion course beg july, then 1-2-1 with Anne Swain on competition nails end july, competion workshop with Ketan Petal beg August.

Think I have done very well in 2 years since being full-time nail technician, just wonder what is down the road after August...

Jue :D

I have done all the NVQ units in nails since they started.

For me it was a case of just proving what I knew already. I found the level of information similar to but not as in depth as the Creative Foundation Class.
And no where near as i depth as the Master classes.

It was an interesting excercise for me so that we could be sure our classes in our Academies went even further and beyond what was being taught by the colleges.

The first B13 unit was hopeless. As long as one could prepare a nail safely, dump some product on and maintain it one could produce any kind of nail. there was no criteria for beauty of the structure at all ... it was down to the educator and they were very thin on the ground.

Things have improved a bit, but it is still largely down to the quality of the person delivering the class as to the quality of the experience you will have. this is the same with any nail school ... they work hard at Creative to maintain quality educators and quality education right across the board.

Julie,

You deserve to pat yourself on the back - you have come a long way in the last two years - well done! I seem to be doing similar so it is reassuring to hear that you are doing so well. As Gigi says, the quality of the tutors seems to be consistently good at Creative no matter where you are. I must say also that the quality of teaching I have received from Kelly (Pamper & Polish) on behalf of K-Sa-Ra for my NVQ has been top class too! The rest will be down to me.

Good luck!

Fab Freak said:
Hi I just wondered how many of my fellow geeks have done or are doing level 3 (Unit19)

...or do you plan to just do more one 2 ones with your current manufacturer?

or do you plan to do both?

Love to know your preference
Hiya - I've just completed my NVQ Level 3 and enjoyed every minute of it. I've been taught in Sculptured, Silk/Fibreglass and L & P tips. Also all the science stuff too. I'm about to do my Conversion at Creative and hopefully any other course I can get my name on. Hope all goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back