Have you enrolled for a CND course in 2008?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is my first thread, so i just want to start off saying i hope everyones had a fantastic Christmas and a Great New Year! :green:

I Just wanted to see if anyone else had enrolled on a CND course for 2008 as i am due to start mine in two weeks and am so excited i cant tell you, and thought it would be nice to see if any other fellow geekers had?! Or oi anyone had any advise on what to expect, what do do when the course ends? what i should be wearing, or what i need to take with me?? so many questions!

Thank you so much,

Stephanie x x:Love:

Last edited:
well i rang up to book mine this afternoon , but... price has gone up by £XXX so will be another few weeks before i can book mine, but it wont be long lol

as far as i know, you just wear what you want, well thats what i was told last year when i first enquired, something comfy i would suggest, as for what to take with you, some lunch and if your starting on a foundation course i think they provide everything we need in our kits dont they? hopefully a knowledgeable geek will come along and give us the lowdown lol

i am excited too hun, cant wait to be honest , ive heard so much about the creative courses that i cant wait to meet the educators and their team, which academy are you going to be training at?

keep us informed how you get on

xxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a pen and paper... you will need to take hods of notes!

x

hi and welcome

hope you enjoy your training

Hello, wow, so many replys already!

Yeah when i called they said the price had gone up but they something like that was to cover the extra bits in the kit? Cant remember i was in such a daze when i called and got through to some one!

I am doing the course in Leeds but its broken over three months, the first 3 days are next week then one day in Feb and one in March, dont know if that will help as i can practice in between (hopefully) or hinder!

x x

Hi n welcome x
Im waitinf for my info to come through the post about the course and prices,as im waiting to take one this year for the first time,im sooooooo exited aswell cant wait.I hope mine will not be scatterd in different days though because of the travelling aswell was wanting to run straight through with it.Didit they have a block one that you could have taken or have we just got to full the gaps so to speak?
Good luck with yours keep us updated x

Hey!

I'm also going to start my course next week! I'm really looking forward to it. Prepared myself by reading some books and visiting forums. I even got an article published in a nordic nail magazine. Anxious to get my hands on some products now and do some practice!

Here in sweden you have to get a hold of XXXX GBP (XXXXX SEK) to get a decent education. But then again - you get a good one.

I've already got a corner in a salon and there are no other nailtechs around in that area. I just hope that it'll work out financially since swedes don't care much about their nails...yet...

Wish me luck!

/Mia

Good Luck Mia, not that i think you'll need it thought you sound very prepared! x x

they do, do block course but that was the first available and i was too excited to wait. For an idea of prices is costing £XXX in total for a five day foundation course and start kit.

x x

they do, do block course but that was the first available and i was too excited to wait. For an idea of prices is costing £XXX in total for a five day foundation course and start kit.

x x
Is your course liquid and powder, or gel?
Good luck on it and I hope you enjoy it!
Marion x

Hey everyone, this is my first thread,
Welcome to the site flower, im sure youll become addicted like the rest of us

I Just wanted to see if anyone else had enrolled on a CND course for 2008 as i am due to start mine next week and am so excited i cant tell you, and thought it would be nice to see if any other fellow geekers had?!

Im not personnally planning on any courses in the near future, but will probs book a 121 if and when i decide to compete again

Or oi anyone had any advise on what to expect,

Lots of information for you to take in. take a BIG notepad :lol: youll have a fab time, and an even FABBER mentor

what do do when the course ends?

book your next course:hug:

what i should be wearing,

i actually always wore my uniform, but if this is your foundation course, you probs wont have a uniform yet (think its in the kit, tho not 100% sure on that), Just wear black trousers and white freshly pressed blouse (always looks smart and professional)

or what i need to take with me??

note pad, cash (youre bound to want to go to the shop), dont forget your letter either, itll have your CND Account number on it. learn to MEMORISE IT :lol:

Hope you have a fab time flower you will certainly enjoy it (GUARANTEED)

:hug::hug:

Hi n welcome x
Im waitinf for my info to come through the post about the course and prices,as im waiting to take one this year for the first time,im sooooooo exited aswell cant wait.I hope mine will not be scatterd in different days though because of the travelling aswell was wanting to run straight through with it.Didit they have a block one that you could have taken or have we just got to full the gaps so to speak?
Good luck with yours keep us updated x

If you are talking about the Creative foundation course then yes this is how it's booked 3 days then 1 day 2 weeks later and 1 day 2 weeks after that or 4 can't remember that bit.

it is so when you have done your complete set on your model (day 3) when she comes back with you on day 4 she will be in need of Infill/ re balance which is what you will be learning on day 4. trust me the first 3 days are intense learning as peter pan said take a big note book you'll need it!

Also you will be given homework to do so the weeks in between you will be practicing alot for when you return.

As for what to wear i was told to wear smart clothes ie: white shirt, black trouser or as i did salon tunic top we didn't get the creative tunic in our kit.

yes and remember cash you'll be wanting to buy more products when your there!

hope you have a great time good luck! :hug:

I just want to say a huge thank you o everyone who has repled to my thread and welcomed me to the forum, and into Nail enhancements!

I was only expecting one or two replys, so to hear from everyone has been overwhelming! :hug:

I will deffinatly diarise my foundation L&P course on here and let you know how i get on!

Thank you for all of your advise and i will be buyin a very girly notepad and new pen for all my notes and a smart new white blouse! :wink2:

Cant wait till Monday!

EEEEEK x x

Yay!! Finally got myself onto the Art & CBM course for Feb 14th!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!! Cant wait!!!

xxxxxxx:hug:

Doing mine in March yay!!

I'll be finishing my Grand Master with the Natural Nail Care class on 1/21. I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it. :)

S

Firstly, welcome to the site, its an amazing place!!
I did the Creative foundation and it's a fantastic course, then I did the spa manicure and pedicure. I would recommend you do that course as I have found it has really helped my business. People love natural nail care too and it's a very relaxing treatment, not only for the client, but also to give. I also did the Brisa gel course. This year I am going to book a custom blending course and talk to my ambassador about whats next!
Good Luck with you new life in nails!!!

I'm planning on booking a mani & pedi with cnd fairly soon, not sure wether to go to Milton Keynes of Leeds tho...

I do my spa mani & pedi 7th Feb...

Cant wait!! But... feet freak me right out!! Not sure how i am gonna cope!

Latest posts

Back