Have you ever done a treatment and worried after...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weezie

Reaction score
https://skillsology.com/course/details/Beauty-Scho
Have you ever sprayed anyone then checked them over but then when you've got in the car to go home doubt starts to creep in as you can't for the life of you remember spraying some part or other! Oh the worry, I will not let it rest until I know for sure this did not happen.

Does anyone else have these worries about how good or bad a job they have done. I can worry about almost anything!

I don't know why I do this as I have never had a complaint and have lots of regular customers. I think I'm just a perfectionist, I wish I wasn't! :eek:

I hate worrying :mad:

Now I'm worried this should have been posted in chit chat, please move it if it should so I don't need to worry.

I too feel like you, especially when I have a new client.

I do not worry so much about spray tanning now, although I am paranoid about brown palms.

I spray tanned my friend who works in the salon last Christmas for our party, it was late when we finished in the salon, she went straight home to bed and slept with her hands cuddled over her cheeks.

Next day, guess what, face was fine, palms were tanned.

Lesson learnt, never to do a tan if client is going home to bed. I use barrier cream and tennis balls now. (Salmonsa if you are reading this) dont laugh!!!:hug::hug:

We all have them so don't worry about it. Obviously it does get better the more times you do a treatment but it can be a worry. x

We all have them so don't worry about it. Obviously it does get better the more times you do a treatment but it can be a worry. x

I even worry about treatments that I have done for 3 years, but like I said none of my worries are ever for good reason as it's always o.k. I just can't help myself,

Thanks for your replys guys x

I could have written this myself,I worry about everything and anything.Hubby tells me I'm mad but I believe I'm made this way:irked:

I do find I worry more about newer treatments that I have recently learnt rather than the ones I have been trained in for years.

It's definately a confidence thing for me as I'm sure it is for many others,as the years have gone by I am a lot better.Tanning and nails tend to be the one thing I do worry about a bit though as the tanning takes time to develope and quite often we dont get to see the final result and nail enhancements can look good at the time but I do worry if the client will have lifting or what their friends will think(daft I know)Also it's even worse if they have had them done before,I worry if they are comparing and if their last set was better....:eek:paranoia or what!!!

Chin up though hun,at least we know we're not alone.:hug:xx

yep:green:

thats why i sold my spray tan machine !

I couldn't put up with the self doubt !!

You remind me of me... I worry about worrying!

It drives me nuts!!!! :lol:

I dream my wax pot is still on and its going to burn down the salon - its always off tho. Also if a regular client stops coming for a while I worry incase Ive upset her when its prob that shes been busy or something. x

that sounds exactly like me, i get worried all the time, i have to say tanning is my least favourite treatment i always worry about the end result, and as i've only recently started doing nail enhancements i worry about that too! i left my heater on overnight and the hairdressers i rent space in noticed, now i'm checking all of my plugs three times before leaving ......and still worrying about it! arghhh!!!

I think this self-doubt is universal.

After I've completed a massage, I always say 'was that alright for you' and then in that nano-second before they answer, I'm like, 'no that was crap, you were rubbish, I hate you' then the answer is usually 'yeh, that was great, and I really liked that bit when.......'.

I have a neighbour/friend, and her husband (who's a high flying biz man) came for a massage, now he's had LOADS of massages and is always complaining about them.

He comes in, neither of us are very comfortable (I see him twice a week at our sons football).
So, go hell for leather on him, at one point I'm actually standing on the couch steps to put more pressure on, I'm starting to build up a sweat (and I don't sweat), put my heart and soul into it.

He comments that it was good, he feels instantly better and books for the following week. Saw him last night at football, he says 'see you tomorrow'.

I spoke to his wife the other day and asked if I had passed the test, she shrugged and said, well he's rebooked. That doesn't satisfy me, so I suggest that he did it out of pity for me (get a grip woman). She laughs and says, if hes rebooked then you've done good, he's got such high standards and does not pussy-foot round anyone (he's brutally honest).

So got to be satisfied with that!

After I've completed a massage, I always say 'was that alright for you' and then in that nano-second before they answer, I'm like, 'no that was crap, you were rubbish, I hate you' then the answer is usually 'yeh, that was great, and I really liked that bit when.......'.

This made me laugh.

Thanks guys I feel a lot better now, plus I have had no phone call this morning so all must be well. I think it's just because it's so quick to do that it's all over in a flash!

I worry after I do anything.... New client or not.

Me too. Very rare I dont worry!!!

well I don't worry with my established clients, its just the initial treatment, I need reassurrance that they have got what they came for, ie I understood what their needs were and fulfilled them.

yep, i'm still worrying after 5 years.
in the early days i used to feel sick with doubt every time the phone rang. i do still worry, but experience has taught me that its just my mind working overtime.
i actually think that in a way its good to be worried, its when you get complacent about things that you stop giving it a 100% effort. i always try to go by the motto 'that'll do WONT do'

If I don't have anything to worry about, I get worried!

If they dont give me feed back after,then i worry i didnt do a job properly,speacily if i do a pedicure,and they just say..thankyou...i expect them to say oooh that was lovely..ooh so soft now!n then i would go away with no worries.

I don't often worry.. but I have tonight
A client who wanted them quite long and I do work quite thin .. so I'm worried that she going to break one... if they were a tad shorter I'd be fine .. crossing fingers xx

she's got fab smiles any how's !!

I am so glad I am not alone, I was going stiir crazy, with worry. I think I am more a worrier, as I am just starting out, and not heard from from potential clients. I think what am I doing wrong.

I feel better reading the posts its not just me, who feels the same way. I am true perfectionist when it comes to working, and I think being a born worrier does not go hand and hand with being a perfectionist.:lol::lol:

Good to see I'm not the only one. That's what's really put me off doing nails. I did the acrylic nail course in 2002 but worried I wasn't good enough so only ever used to do them on myself. Now I massage I can't have long nails. So I'm looking at doing gel nails and prob a refresher acrylic course. I do my waxing, tanning and tinting course this weekend but oddly enough I don't worry about being good enough with that.
When I started massage I worried I wasn't good enough. Now I not only have my own client base with lots of regular clients but also work with a football team and at a personal training studio massaging. Obviously I am good enough, it's only my own self doubt that holds me back.

Latest posts

Back