Have you ever had a set of nails you can't do acrylic on?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Nails

Reaction score
Hi

I have a client with the weirdest shape nails ive ever come across.

Some of her nails are dead flat but the sidewalls are dead straight like boxes. Some others have such deep side walls but again are straight. You really can't get nail tips to fit them because where they are sooo flat they just force the acrylic off them.

Her nails are so dry and brittle. She gets terrible pocket lifting and in the pockets when you file them off the nails are sort of chalky like chronic dehydration. Her own nails break continuously so she wants overlays but what the hell can I do for her. I spent 2 1/2 hours doing her nails tonight just filing off the lifting. Can anyone give me any advice. All my other acrylic clients are fine :irked: xxx

Would acrylic overlay without tip work and let the natural nail grow or maybe sculpting?

You need to get her using a good quality oil such as Solar Oil too, at least twice a day preferably more.

Could you try sculpting instead of tips? If not then I too would suggest doing an NNO and let her nails grow out.

How do you do sculpting please?

It where apply the product to a form instead of a tip to extend the nail. You can book classes to learn this.

Hi ladies

Can't really sculpt because her sidewalls are square and it's literally impossible to get the form to sit flush with her nail.

I do nno but the problem is this pocket lifting its so weird ive also noticed her nails are ski jump. I think I'm actually beaten on this one.

I'm going to suggest Gel ll to her and see if we can grow her natural nails. I've done a couple on Monday night in NSI balance gel to see if the gel will stick better to her nails.

I will have to take pictures next time I've never seen nails like them.

She is soooo lovely and I feel I'm letting her down. She's on loads of meds and I am wondering if this is the cause of the chronic dry nail beds. :sad:
Xxxxx

Hi ladies

Can't really sculpt because her sidewalls are square and it's literally impossible to get the form to sit flush with her nail.

I do nno but the problem is this pocket lifting its so weird ive also noticed her nails are ski jump. I think I'm actually beaten on this one.

I'm going to suggest Gel ll to her and see if we can grow her natural nails. I've done a couple on Monday night in NSI balance gel to see if the gel will stick better to her nails.

I will have to take pictures next time I've never seen nails like them.

She is soooo lovely and I feel I'm letting her down. She's on loads of meds and I am wondering if this is the cause of the chronic dry nail beds. :sad:
Xxxxx

If she's on lots of medication it's more likely to be the underlying medical issues she has which is causing problems than the actual medication.

Also, even if you don't want to try sculpting on this client, for future reference you can taylor the form to fit these shaped nails by trimming the form into a more square shape to fit. I do this all the time for clients because one size definitely doesn't fit all.

I Have never done sculpting but am looking forward to trying it out.

Pure can I ask how you do your sculpting on very short nails? Do you apply a bead of product the same size to the entire nail and then create a top nail with c curve?
Or
Do you create a tap over the form the work backwards in zone 1,2&3?

I've seen it done two ways but not sure which way is best ?
Thanks and sorry for hijacking your thread x

I Have never done sculpting but am looking forward to trying it out.

Pure can I ask how you do your sculpting on very short nails? Do you apply a bead of product the same size to the entire nail and then create a top nail with c curve?
Or
Do you create a tap over the form the work backwards in zone 1,2&3?

I've seen it done two ways but not sure which way is best ?
Thanks and sorry for hijacking your thread x

Personally I always create the free edge first and work back towards zone 3. I just find it easier that way to make sure I'm getting the apex in the right place. Although I'm sure it's a personal preference thing and some will do it the other way round :)

I have tried reverse sculpting, but maybe because I haven't been specifically trained in that method I found it harder. I'm just so used to applying zone 1, 2 then 3 that's what I stick to.

Great thanks. Yes I might do that too. I have a client coming on Friday and this will my first sculpt ever! Kinda nervous :Scared:

If you've never sculpted before it might be a good idea to first use sculpting on single nail repairs before doing a full set if you're not feeling confident. This is what I did until I was happy.

I've my mil coming tonight so ill practice this on her :) thank for the tips x

Latest posts

Back